It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nagas and their underground cities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I've heard stories of serpents living underground in the past. In india they give them the term Nagas. It is said that they have special powers(possibly special technology) and they have a vast underground network. I dont know too much about hindu religion, but from what I understand they were all killed off.

I was wondering has anyone found this underground network in India???

[edit on 22-8-2004 by kyateLaBoca]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Ok this is what I've found so far,
www.crystalinks.com...

paranormal.about.com...

Unfortunately, nothing to confirm an official exploration of underground caverns or lakes of any sort.

No lack of interest, no funding, nothing found, or a possible cover up?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Erm...this sounds like Warcraft but I checked out the site anyway.

and the explanation for "Aryan-looking" UFO pilots.

The Nazis did have UFO's...most of them were self-detonated however at the end of the war to prevent the Allies from obtaining the technology.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
yea it does sound like warcraft....but the idea of the nagas traces back way before warcraft was even invented. Its in the scriptures of the indian tales that suggest the creatures existence.

Its interesting to see if anyone has tried to look for a passage to any underground caverns.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I know about some types of snakes that live underground (burrowing) in India (the small worm snakes, the sheildtails or uropeltids, and the sand boas). But I haven't heard about any proof of the huge undergound networks or their powers.

In religious literatures, there are many references to such serpents living underground or underwater, deep inside the lakes/rivers. For example, in the story of young Krishna, once to save other animals from dying, he kills the poisonous serpent with many faces named Kaling/a living deep inside the river yamuna.

From the article-link given by kyateLaBoca
"The Nagas also have an affinity with water, and the entrances to their underground palaces are often said to be hidden at the bottom of wells, deep lakes and rivers."
Source: paranormal.about.com...

I grew up in India and out of all the reading kyateLaBoca provided, this is what I found familiar. According to some people in india, if you swim near a deep river or a lake, these underground creatures might pull your legs and drown you. I don't remember what they called these creatures, many names were given. Well, that scared me when my friends and I used to go in the river, but I never encountered any such creatures.
Many people still believe in them, although as far as I know there hasn't been any proof of these underground creatures or Nagas. I think there is a possibility that they might actually exist, but they are just part of scarry stories until we find some real evidence!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the info jp1111. Do you know of any archeologist that have looked deep into these rivers or in caves that descend from ground level?

I've also heard a lot of stories about giants in india. I'm not a hindu so I dont know much about the stories. But I've read that they also had underground complexes. I dont know if you heard such a thing or not.

Unfortunately, there are no fossils becuase from what I understand people use to burn the bodies of the dead.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
No, I haven't heard of any scientist who has done any exploration on the issue. Most of such stories came from old people living in rural areas. Now you know about these people, they are superstitious and ignorant mostly, so I don't think any scientist would take their words seriously.

People say that these creatures live inside deep waters, but they don't really specify if they live in groups or huge complexes. According to them, they rarely come out and hunt for humans or other animals, so I assume there aren't many. However, who knows, they might have huge cities deep inside the earth. Life is possible almost anywhere!

Well, I found this site using google that talks about the history of Nagas from ancient literature. It also talks about the snake women, very interesting!

"These serpent princesses are said to be strikingly beautiful, but with the power to transform at will, to a cobra, or to a half-snake, half-human figure. A precious gem is embedded in their skulls which give them magical powers."
Source: www.illuminatedlantern.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
kool...interesting read

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Doing some research I found more. The webpage talks mainly about secret societies and NWO stuff. Among that they have a five-page article discussing Cult of the Serpent which I found very interesting.

Here are the links to all of the five pages: (I've provided links to each of the five pages because the common link at the end of the pages that is suppose to take you to the index page is not working).
Secret Societies: Cult of the Serpent
Page 1: www.xs4all.nl...
Page 2:
www.xs4all.nl...
Page 3:
www.xs4all.nl...
Page 4:
www.xs4all.nl...
Page 5:
www.xs4all.nl...

Here are some excerpts from the page:

In his book "ON THE SHORES OF ENDLESS WORLDS" (Souvenir Press), Andrew Tomas gives some additional information concerning the "Nagas" or the "Serpent People" who are believed to originate from a gigantic underworld cavern network below central Asia and the Far East. On p. 160 of his book Tomas states:

"...Even in this jet-age every Hindu is familiar with and usually believes in the legend of the Nagas, the "serpents" which live in extensive underground palaces in the rocky Himalayas. It is believed that these creatures are able to fly in space and that they possess amazing magical powers and intelligence. They are not too fond of man if he is a curiosity seeker, explorer or mountaineer. According to the sacred(?) tradition of the Hindus, the deep caverns of the Nagas contain fabulous treasures, illuminated by flashing precious stones. The subterranean abodes are known to be in certain parts of both the Himalayas and Tibet, particularly around the Lake of the Great Nagas - Lake Manosarowar."

Take note of the remarkable similarity between this description and medieval traditions of hideous and malevolent "dragons" who lived in dark underground lairs along with kidnapped human maidens and "stolen treasures." We've all heard of these tales, which most have formerly attributed to fantasy. However, could such tales actually be rooted in subconscious awareness of actual realities?

Andrew Tomas describes his own personal encounters with those who claimed to have knowledge of these subterranean and space-traveling creatures. On pp. 166-168 he states:

"...I decided to go to the Kulu Valley in the Western part of the Himalayas to visit Naggar, where Nicholas Roerich had lived. Since I had known him personally, the trip had sentimental overtone. A narrow curving road, a precipice on one side with rocks and avalanches on the other, were not conductive to an enjoyable journey to this remote region near Ladakh and Tibet. The village of Naggar derives its name from NAGA, the serpent. High up in the mountains lies Roerich's estate. Having been an artist of note, his two-sided house contains a museum of his paintings.

"As I began my ascent on the mountain path, I saw a tall grey-haired sadhu (hermit), sitting by a mountain torrent. In his hand he held a cobra-shaped staff, which together with the markings on his forehead, signified that he was a devotee of Shiva. During the earlier, more peaceful times of the British Raj, these pilgrims would travel to the Lake of the Great Nagas, Lake Manosarowar, or to Mount Kailas, the abode of Shiva (a "god" apparently tied-in with the Nagas - Branton), in Tibetan territory. I climbed the mountain and reached the terrace on which Roerich's house is built. I spent an hour studying (his) paintings. On the way back I admired the narrow valley and the looming snow-capped mountain ridges on both sides.

"The sadhu was still there. I thought, 'A place called Naggar, a devotee of the Nagas with the cobra staff, if he does not know something about the Nagas, then who does?'"

After Andrew Tomas asked this man, apparently a misguided member of a serpent cult, if he knew anything about the "Nagas" or the serpent beings, the pagan devotee responded:

"'I am a poor sadhu, I know nothing, sahib. But about twenty years ago my yogi teacher went into the mountain kingdom of the Nagas. Bright lights everywhere, big halls like Taj Mahal... The Nagas have many, many things and machines. They are clever, like Cambridge men, may be more clever, sahib,' the sadhu said with an apologetic smile...

"'Your yogi must have been a Rishi. Don't the Nagas destroy men with their sting?' I asked.

"'Yes, though the Nagas are gods and wish nothing but good to man, they do not like men who have no business near their palaces,' he replied."

One can see here the poor, miss-guided and indeed self-contradicting mentality of many of those souls who are caught up in the "serpents cults" throughout the world. In response to Thomas' accusations that THE NAGAS DESTROY MEN WITH THEIR STING, this "devotee" agrees with him and states "Yes" (they do destroy human lives). However, he then goes on to make the absolutely contradicting statement that THE NAGAS ARE GODS AND WISH NOTHING BUT GOOD TO MAN. This poor soul like so many others, apparently desiring to worship a supernatural power "greater" than himself, had actually been deceived into devoting himself to creatures which are in fact a deadly threat to man and are apparent "gods" only in the sense that their intellectual capacity allows them to develop and utilize advanced forms of occult-technology. This apparent schizophrenic or self-contradicting thinking may result from the devotee's DESIRE to believe he was worshipping benevolent entities while at the same time subconsciously acknowledging the threat that these creatures pose to human life is very real as well. Many of these people may have grown up with such false teachings and, simply because there was no alternative presented to them, ended up worshipping the serpent race or "The Beast" (This does not mean that they are beyond salvation as those who take "the mark" of the Beast of Revelation ch. 13 will be, who in essence will through a world-wide initiation willfully turn over their own WILLPOWER to "the Beast" in exchange for supernatural "godlike" powers. These will be irredeemable since their WILLS will no longer be theirs and therefore they will be unable to "choose" to return to the God of the Universe). This aspect of being taught a particular belief-system from birth has to do with the so-called "law of first report", a powerful force which states in essence that a person who learns one set of teachings BEFORE hearing of a contradictory viewpoint will often defend the teaching which he heard "first" to the death, whether that teaching it right or wrong.

The sad fact is, such serpent-race-inspired cults condemn critical, analytical thinking and demand absolute and blind allegiance and obedience to the "masters". The God of Judeo-Christian revelation is not so intimidated by men's efforts to examine His Word, but instead encourages man to "PROVE" His Word, His Prophecies, and the Scientific and Historical reliability of his revelations in an HONEST manner. Unfortunately, many of the serpent cult followers have been so ingrained from childhood with these lies that it is very difficult to break free from such traditions when they are older. Many of these will not listen to critical arguments against their already-established views simply for prides sake, or because of the fear or possibility of being proven wrong. This is also true with the many modern "lodge-religions" which are outwardly "Christian" yet inwardly pagan, and which play upon the human ego and the desire for "secret knowledge" which will somehow supposedly make them SUPERIOR to their fellow man if they can "make the grade" by being initiated into the "inner core"; and most who reach this "inner core" must admit if they are honest with their own conscience that much of what they supposedly "learned" there is actually contradictory to what they learned in the lower or outer "levels" when they first joined-up with such a religious movement.

We would say that these "hybrid" religions which attempt to fuse the contradicting teachings of the "Serpent" and the "Lamb" together (the first such post-deluvian cult being the ancient Babylonian Mystery Religion built around the tower of "Babel" or tower of "Confusion") are far more dangerous than the Serpent Cults themselves, as they are more likely to lead souls hungry for truth to their destruction when actually the initiate or member believes that they are on the path of light because SOME of the teachings actually ARE based on a perverted form of truth. Jesus said "A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump" (I Cor. 5:6), or a little lie can corrupt a great deal of truth. A little "serpents venom" of self-deification, self-centeredness or selfish ego-worship can utterly destroy and corrupt any benefit of any TRUTH which the Creator would plant in a human heart, truth based on the teaching of putting God and others first and in so doing bringing about a better society, and thus PERSONAL benefit.

I haven't finished reading it thoroughly but the original site has a lot of stuff that could be relevant to a lot of other forums.

kyateLaBoca,
The whole article has many more interesting points that you would find interesting.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
interesting read...I'll have to check it out when I get the chance.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Thought you might find this interesting. Although i am sceptical about lizard or serpent people living inside our earth i don�t dismiss the idea of a civilisation existing there. Reason being that you would be far better protected inside the planet from any surface troubles that might occur from time to time.

The Lacerta File

"we are mentioned as "evil serpent" in your writings."

"The caves you have discovered near to the surface are tiny in comparison to real caves and huge caverns deeper in the earth (in a depth of 2,000 to 8,000 of your metres, but connected with many hidden tunnels to the surface or to surface-near caves) and we live in large and advanced cities and colonies inside such caves. Major sites of us are beyond the Arctic, the Antarctic, Inner Asia, North America and Australia."

"If you really want to try to see one of our craft, you should have a look at the skies over the Arctic, the Antarctic and over Inner Asia (especially over the mountains there.)"

www.anomalous-images.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Soundz like the Morlocks in "the Time Machine" .

This was written by H G Wells in 1896... this guy bases a lot of his novels on a lot of informatin we still question today.. this man had written his stories and made many prophecies in this manner... was H G Wells a prophet, his idea's were way beyond his time - reckon he may have had some inside info...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's possible that there is an underground civilization but I don't think it would be with serpents but hey i could be wrong and there could be serpents living under us right now.

top topics

join