It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAKE UP YOU BRAINWASHED IDIOTS!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Did that get your attention? I thought it might. No, I don't think any of you are idiots. But I'm sure most of you think the common man is an idiot. Let me be clear:

THE COMMON MAN IS NOT AN IDIOT!!!

He/she is simply misinformed at best. At worst (heaven forbid) they hold a different opinion than you do. This does NOT make someone an idiot. So why does everyone think that everyone else is an idiot?

This sounds like brainwashing to me. This sounds like the talking heads on the television have convinced you of the idiocy of the common man. (They had me convinced for a long time.) We live in an era of enlightenment and education. Remember, an idiot would not be capable of holding their own opinion, let alone being stubborn enough to keep it in the face of adversity.

THE ONLY IDIOT'S OUT THERE ARE THOSE WHO REFUSE TO CONSIDER A NEW IDEA SIMPLY BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FIT THEIR EXHISTING PARADIGM!!!!!

You don't have to accept the new idea. Simply consider it.

My challenge to all of you who think the common man is an IDIOT: Sometime this week enter into a conversation with someone you've never met before. Talk about a topic that person is interested in even if you are not. And, make sure this conversation last more than a few minutes. (If you have done this recently that counts.) Then report back to this thread.

I want to know if you think that person was an idiot and why? Are they still an idiot after you have spoken with them? (Please use pseudonym’s, I don't want this to become a personal attack on random strangers simply because you may not have agreed with their opinion.)

Good luck. (From experience I can tell you this is more difficult than it sounds.)

Respectfully,
Two-bears

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Thinking that you can judge someone within a few minutes of conversation is a little idiotic in itself, no?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well even then you can't say they are idiots for refusing to accept a new idea because it crushes their current paradigm.

They are indoctrinated and trained to reject them at face value without any investigation. This is programmed into us throughout the system. Even the wealthy kids are programmed too, just with a different set of rules.

Like Carl Sagan said, the human brain is essentially the same among all humans. The differences are actual physical damage, chemical imbalances, etc. Physical differences.

It is just like a computer too. It always makes the correct choices, Based upon the Data it has within it's memory banks. When incorrect data is plugged into the computer, it makes foolish choices and decisions.

However when the correct data is plugged into the computer, it begins to make better choices more consistent with it's situation.
edit on 3-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The common man is an idiot at times because he doesn't know what's going on in the world. We research and observe, the common man turns on his idiot googlebox, eats the GMOs and gets dumber while we as individuals get smarter.

I'm praying we're on the same page here.........

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Thinking that you can judge someone within a few minutes of conversation is a little idiotic in itself, no?

And that is why I clearly said "...make sure this conversation last more than a few minutes."

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Correct.

But we can go really far with that idea you bring up.

Do we even really know ourselves? We know things about ourselves, but do we know of our potentials and will we admit to our shortcomings?

I don't think anyone really even knows themselves if you really want to get to the bottom of it.

We all change too. Our ideas change, our likes and dislikes, etc. So even if you thought you knew someone yesterday doesn't mean you know them today. They might do something different.

edit on 3-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I know we are not speaking to other people personally on ATS but we do have a lot of mixed opinions on here. I try to keep an open mind but sometimes posts are just a little bit out of my realm of acceptable theories. Now, do I think these people are idiots? Well, maybe your definition is different than mine, but no I don't think of them as idiots. I just figure they are a little more open minded than myself.

I am going to church in the morning, I will give your assignment a try there. Sometimes that is where I have the most problem accepting different beliefs than mine.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kicking2bears

5) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette

Kinda rude to SCREAM YOUR TITLE AT US! Makes me not want to read your OP, which I didn't...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Um, this post is idiotic beyond belief. I'm hoping it's meant to be ironic on purpose If so, then it's pretty funny. If not, well I'll just say this: It's filled with so many contradictions it's hilarious.

I don't think people are idiots because that's what they say on TV...
i think there are a lot of idiots because I've interacted with ALOT of idiots. I don't hold it against them, but I'm not going to say someone with an IQ of 100 is smart.

You say ask people about a topic they know about. Intelligence is a broad term relating to many things. Of course people will know a lot about things they have lots of experience with. That is no indicator of intelligence at all. With you're logic, people who know a lot of facts about football are smart.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

thank you. my apologies. I forgot that. I won't let it happen again.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The common man is blind to there own existence, Therefor they take it for granted..

I wonder, would there be less war and more peace if the common man figured out this fact?.. I doubt it.. Because the common man is driven by greed, and envy. So therefor the common man is a idiot. Enough said.

Edit to add: by the way this post is the definition of stupidity..

Stupidity is a lack of intelligence, understanding, reason, wit, or sense. It may be innate, assumed, or reactive - 'being "stupid with grief" as a defence against trauma',[1] a state marked with 'grief and despair...making even simple daily tasks a hardship'.[2]
edit on 3-9-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well, I had a person recently threaten to kill me over a CD. Does that count as an Idiot?

The major reason people do not want to wake from their personal paradigm is because they are afraid. They fear the government, they fear the ridicule of their neighbors, they fear the ridicule of their bosses. They live a life of absolute fear. That is what our society feeds us now days. We are a society built around fearing everything that happens.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
I am going to church in the morning, I will give your assignment a try there. Sometimes that is where I have the most problem accepting different beliefs than mine.

That's a great idea! Church is an excellent place to engage a friendly face in conversation.

I think anyone who tries this will find that there are not nearly so many idiot's in the world as we have been told.

You may not agree with their opinions but as i said this isn't about right or wrong.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The stupidest people I have ever met taught everyone was stupid except themselves.
Goes to show.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
The stupidest people I have ever met taught everyone was stupid except themselves.
Goes to show.

The stupidest people I ever met at least know how to spell.. or so I "thought"..

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

People measuring intelligence with spelling are almost as stupid.

Sorry I'm not English and I am also human and make mistakes.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

People measuring intelligence with spelling are almost as stupid.

Sorry I'm not English and I am also human and make mistakes.

It was a cheap shot. sorry couldn't resist.. My apologies Sir.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Haha it was cheap, but maybe I would of taken the chance too :p ( Well if I was good at spelang!! )
Apology accepted

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kicking2bears

And that is why I clearly said "...make sure this conversation last more than a few minutes."

I have conversations with people all day long in my workplace. I speak with people from the bottom rungs up to the top at small and large companies.

Not just talking shop, sometimes we have hour long conversations about anything that pops up.

What I get from these conversations is only what people feel like talking about. Depending on the mood of the person that day, the content of the conversation will match accordingly.

The only way to judge someone truly, is to have an idea of what they say along with their actions. The rest is just superficial, no matter how long you gab with them.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Who's the clever one?????

Is it the guy who keeps his head down - doesn't express his opinions - KNOWS what's going on in the world but also knows there isn't a damn thing he can do about it - so enjoys it while he's here! Why spend his time arguing the point?

or

The one who knows what's going on in the world and fights his way through it trying to change things and DOESN'T know that there isn't anything he can do about it?

Who is happier?

Who is the Wise Guy?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join