It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neanderthols

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It is well known that the current human race and the race that was our origin from centeral Africa cross breeded with Neanderthols. But my thoughts are that Neanderthols were an intelligent species and I do not see how 2 intelligent species can exist on one planet due to warmongering nature. Now here's what I think, the tall dark people who emerged from africa to exterminate the Neanderthols in Europe were in fact plants from another planet, they cross bred just to steal the Neanderthols immune system and overtook the planets. We are all aliens.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
*sigh*

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Some of us still are Neanderthals.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Ok is this something new?

No to be a spelling Nazi, but, huh?

I've been a victim of a few lousy keyboards on my time on ATS.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Spelling and grammar are nice but if you can understand the message then why complain about the lack of it. I am dyslexic with a hint of turrets. Doesn't mean I am worthless.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
It is well known that the current human race and the race that was our origin from centeral Africa cross breeded with Neanderthols. But my thoughts are that Neanderthols were an intelligent species and I do not see how 2 intelligent species can exist on one planet due to warmongering nature. Now here's what I think, the tall dark people who emerged from africa to exterminate the Neanderthols in Europe were in fact plants from another planet, they cross bred just to steal the Neanderthols immune system and overtook the planets. We are all aliens.

They must have also stolen our spelling and grammar. And it really doesn't matter much except someone may be interested enough to search for more info. And they won't find it under Neanderthol. It's Neanderthal. And to not waste a post, the past tense of breed is not breeded, it's bred. And when you're talking about the immune system of the Neanderthals, the possessive would either be 's or s', depending on whether you are talking about them as a singular group or a plural number of individuals.

Now you can go Google.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Wow maybe thinking outside the box isn't for everybody.
Care to elaborate?
You got me at plant people from another planet.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What I am trying to say is that our race was introduced after the Neanderthols. They had intelligence and so do we, so how would two seperate intelligent races evolve without exterminating each other? I don't think it could happen, I think our ancestors were put here to populate the planet.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Sorry... what?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Sorry... what?

Never mind, was just thinking out loud after a few glasses of Champaigne. It makes sense to me

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have been called a knuckle dragging Neanderthal from time to time and take it as a point of pride.

Stop bashing on the survivors.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

But my thoughts are that Neanderthols were an intelligent species and I do not see how 2 intelligent species can exist on one planet due to warmongering nature.

yes well they didn't in the long run did they?

edit on 2/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Evolution takes a very long time, I don't think two could actually evolve without interaction.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I suspect you will find that the neanderthal evolved to live in colder climates in the Northern hemisphere. As the climate heated up he 'merged' with other species around.

I do take your point though that the different species would probably have fought. However there are caves in Israel where neanderthal lived next to homo sapiens. What is intriguing is how they spoke or communicated with each other at this and other settlements.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The two "species" can be considered sub-species. We share nearly ALL the same DNA. Homo sapiens out of Africa (the last time, one of many), sons of mitochondrial Eve, are not aliens. There is ample evidence that we all evolved here, interbred with Neanderthal, and survived as an interbred species until today. In fact, the fact that we could breed calls into question that we are different species, though, I suppose, the fact that lions and tigers can produce ligers doesn't mean they aren't different species. Regardless, the two are too close for one to be considered alien.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

How can you suggest that we all evolved here by citing DNA when we haven't found a foreign lifeform to compare against. Maybe life has to be made in this way much like the elements and compounds have to accross the universe.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by schuyler

How can you suggest that we all evolved here by citing DNA when we haven't found a foreign lifeform to compare against. Maybe life has to be made in this way much like the elements and compounds have to accross the universe.

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to come up with something better than that. You are the one speculating alien lifeforms. I already pointed out that there is ample proof we evolved here--in the fossil record. I'm not going to go into that because there have been literally hundreds of threads on that topic here already. If you want the details, read some of the historical threads. It's certainly possible we could have been "tweaked" and shoved in a particular direction, but it is a near certainity that an alien life form could not have evolved separately and still be close enough to us.

Neanderthal were not that different than we are. They had culture. They buried their dead. Their brains were even slightly bigger than ours. It's an open question whether they had speech. They were effectively a northern variation human adapting to the cold climate from a previous "out of Africa" scenario. Occam's Razor would suggest this is the simplest explanation that fits the facts as we know them. It is simply not necessary to invoke aliens. If you do, the onus is upon you to prove the case. I don't have to come up with an alien body for comparison; you do, nor is it necessary for me to answer every speculative, "well, what if" statement you come up with. You have zero evidence.

Anthropologists are even debating whether it is taxonomically correct to label Neanderthal a separate species. Some have ventured to say it ought t be like this:

Homo sapiens sapiens
Homo sapiens neanderthalensis

Given the fact that DNA has now been proven to intermingle and that many of us carry neanderthal genes, that particular demarcation is one I'm comfortable with.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Versa

Evolution takes a very long time, I don't think two could actually evolve without interaction.

ok....... but if one lot (aka Neanderthals) left Africa millions of yrs before the other and headed North and the other lot (aka Homo Sapiens) left africa much later and then met in southern Europe then they would meet without previous interaction at a certain point in time....
edit on 2/9/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Blanca Rose

Spelling and grammar are nice but if you can understand the message then why complain about the lack of it. I am dyslexic with a hint of turrets. Doesn't mean I am worthless.

WOOHOO star for dyslexia!! I have the same. as for the post. let me re read after a couple of drinks and it will probably make sense to me

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here ya go. These folks agree with you. Sort of. Ancestry of man...

The Ancestry of Man is the theory that we did not originate here, but were purposely placed on this planet and explains the who, what, when, where and why of our sudden appearance on Earth. The Ancestry of Man explains why ufo sightings are so frequent, who the extraterrestrials in UFOs are, and why they to go to such great lengths to visit us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join