It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It just stormed like hell here? Not a cloud in sight, lasted for less than a minute.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by drew1749

it rained so hard that within 15 seconds it shattered a cigarette in half that was sitting within its pack.

um what?

lol, maybe the rain just got the packet wet causing the ciggie to snap rather than it SMASHING the ciggie?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Sounds very much like a microburst. They can create intense localised winds and downpours. They can occur with or without precipitation.

I must say though, I'm struggling to believe that there were no clouds when you said that it was raining so hard. Are you saying that rain was falling from clear blue skies without a single cloud in sight?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Go to this radar image and click on "loop" to animate it. I see several storms on there that seem to be relatively short lived. This is probably what you witnessed.

radar.weather.gov...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm going to pretend I never posted this. I guess I over reacted. It was just odd. Really odd.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious and Concerned
Sounds very much like a microburst. They can create intense localised winds and downpours. They can occur with or without precipitation.

I must say though, I'm struggling to believe that there were no clouds when you said that it was raining so hard. Are you saying that rain was falling from clear blue skies without a single cloud in sight?

I did not see any clouds. It was sunny out.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It does happen. I have seen rain fall out of a clear sky. Also in AZ if it rains it tends to rain hard and fast for like 5 min then its over. (at least in my area)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
watch godzilla

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join