It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$5 Trillion To Banker Pay And Bonuses Over The Next 10 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
When I read this article that coincides with so many others on this particular issue, my heart bleeds for USA. This nation is looted to the bone. No money to schools or roads. No money to vets returning back from the wars initiated by the banksters and the military industrial hydra, no money to any further space exploration, no money to health research or the pursuit for new fuel sources. No, everything this country has left is destined to go straight into the pockets of the fat cats. All with the blessings from Obama, Geitner, Bernanke and the rotten congress that is completely drowning in the stench of its own corruption. The public is frozen stiff like a deer in the headlight. Paralyzed by all the junk shown on TV and offered at the malls. The years ticks away and so does the chance for your future children to grow in anything else but a banana republic, slowly turning into a giant private income resource for a few very ruthless and smart individuals.

That $5 trillion dollars is not money invested in building roads, schools, and other long-term projects, but is directly transferred from the American economy to the personal accounts of bank executives and employees. Read more: www.project-syndicate.org...

article
edit on 2-9-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Thanks for the thread. Sorry if I am a bit off topic at times but I wanted to contribute something I posted from the past.. I am doing research on the issues I mention and some others. I will thread on it when I am finished..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------Look, when our leaders sent our jobs overseas, they knew what they were doing.. They knew they were trading the jobs of the "Average Jane and Joe" for cheap electronics etc and the corporate's "Bottom Line." Fast forward with me. In the late 1990's or there abouts, the "Capitol Gains Oppertunity" comes into play, allowing homeowners to make loads of money on sales of their homes, tax free.!! Move forward with me, In the early 2000's, Real Estate goes through the Roof !! and loans are given to almost anyone who ask's for one, knowing that there is a problem comming when it needs to be paid back! These "Loan Sharks" are not new to the game,they know whats a safe risk! So at this point, let me say, If you want to destroy a nation and its people, what is the best way to do it? Remember this also, this nation has a military. The members of which have family. ( Mothers, Fathers, Sisters, Brothers and children.) You can't overcome the population with brute force cause they own too many firearms and are not going to be sold without a fight, once they realize they have been betrayed.
So!! What do they do? They send our men and women in uniform to war. Making up false accusations and complete lies and fabrications to invade and destroy a foreign country. As a footnote, "The Enemy" in uniform was defeated quickly and yet we have stayed for a decade. If you add to that the deaths and mutilations of our beloved young men and women, our children, it's not a stretch to start to wonder, if maybe it's purpose is to destroy our military who should be here at home defending us from the lies and deceivers that have and continue to invade our privacey.
So where are we now? 14 trillion dollars+ in debt. As they planned it, unemployment through the roof!! The media controlled and owned by those who spout promises and false data of our predicament. Homeowners victimized by "The Bankers" etc.Foreclosed on while they crooks that positioned them for loss get bailouts and carry on with business as usual. Not to mention our produce and vegitables are rarely grown in the states anymore. The space program has been ended but not until we built the Space Station with tax payer dollars and play roommates to the very country that is communist and opposed us for decades. Lastly. Try to talk or have communication with your elected officials once they are in office. Try to find out what happened to the 2 trillion dollars that went missing at the Pentagon on 9/11 or the tens of billions that went to Iraq that dwindled away.
Remember one thing. If you dont provide a service of some kind, you dont have a job. The US is a consumer now and we flip hamburgers and live on crumbs unless your a lawyer, doctor, fireman, professional, etc.
There is a bright side though. Some of us have done well in all this mess. They are the ones that are supposed to be helping America and the American People. The Silent officials who we elected and the puppets they have retained to invade our privacey and police our lives while they re-write our forefathers dreams and promises with "New Money Making Laws" and pay for it with our childrens futures' and lives..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well this is sure to create jobs. Finally they are getting the money the need to create jobs and pay citizens with handsome salaries. The jobs are sure to flood in.....can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless America.

S/F

edit on 2-9-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am reminded of the Adam and the Ants song "Ranchero"...

"A few dollars mre, they'll hang me high...."

It's the only long term solution.

Stop giving them your money.
Stop borrowing their money.
Cash is our friend.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Such transfers represent as cunning a tax on everyone else as one can imagine. It feels quite iniquitous that bankers, having helped cause today’s financial and economic troubles, are the only class that is not suffering from them – and in many cases are actually benefiting.

I'm so glad everyones' priorities are in order - and yahoo, poisonous air is still legal too.

S&F&

new topics

top topics

join