It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ret. Gen. Wesley Clark 2007 Speech: Alleges 5-year Plan to Topple 7 Middle Eastern Governments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07fe328fc575.jpg[/atsimg]

Anyone remember Wesley Clark? West Point, Rhodes Scholar, General in the US Army, Commander of Operation Allied Force in the Kosovo War, and 2004 candidate for President of the United States.

Love him or hate him, one must concede he is clearly no fly-by-night blogger. Yet the conspiracy he alleges sounds almost too lurid to be real. And yet when considered in light of today's events in the Middle East...well, read on and see for yourself.

Some close Middle East watchers may remember the speech below from 2007; I myself do not. But it is eerily relevant as the Middle East is engulfed in regime change. Clark begins by alleging a "policy coup" in which the neocons established doctrinal command under Bush. There are some interesting anecdotes, such as a meeting with Rumsfeld. But where it really gets interesting to me is when he talks to an official right after 9-11, who says Iraq is going to be invaded, even though there was nothing to tie it to 9-11. When Afghanistan was invaded instead, he was relieved, yet still went to see the same person again:

I said, "...Why haven't we attacked Iraq? Are we still going to attack Iraq?"

He said, "Oh sir, it's worse than that...I just got this memo from the Secretary of Defense's office that says we are going to attack and destroy the governments of seven countries in five years...."

I said, "Is that a classified memo?"
He said, "Yes sir!"...

Clark goes on to describe how he was and remains unsettled by this, and says some more, including how he believes such ideas were in the works as far back as the first Gulf War among the neocons who later took control of the US military and policy apparatus.

What does ATS think? Today's events make the speech worth re-visiting indeed, whatever your views.

edit on 9/2/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I honestly have nothing constructive to add that I can think of.
Your post said it all. I am amazed that I had never even heard of this man before. Everything he was saying was so right on looking at the world today. That's a major mind blow right there. Great post! Keep it up.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing.. Very applicable to todays foreign Policies...

S and F

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No offense but..

I started watching the video and he referenced his "Book" like 4 or 5 times in the first 60 seconds.
Hmmm....

Also he states that we would "destroy the Governments of 7 countries in 5 years" now he claims that way back in 2007. Do the math here Add the years between when it was supposedly told to him before he retired and when he gave this speech is like what? 6 Years and now add to that the time til the present day which would be 10 years.

In that 5 years err um 10 years now, we still need to Destroy the Governments of...

1. Syria
  2. Lebanon
  3. Somalia
  4. Sudan
  5. Iran

I wonder if the explanation as to why they are still around is somewhere written in his BOOK?
I'll never know unless I find his book at a local Garage sale for like .50

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Aww, no love for Clark?

Well, just because they wanted to do it doesn't mean they were able to on time, or in the way they expected. And of course, beyond that, just because they may have wanted to destabilize the ME doesn't mean the fact that the ME is now destabilized is connected. But I think it bears consideration...a piece of the puzzle.

Another piece IMHO is NATO's motiviations...

thanks for the input.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Star and Flag thats what we are seeing happening in the middle east.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Aww, no love for Clark?

No, actually Clark and I have a lot in common. We are both former military. He writes books for profit. I write here at ATS as an avocation. He gives speeches for a FEE, I speak my mind for FREE. He is allowed to get the facts wrong and stretch the truth I am allowed to write fiction here in our writers forums.

So, as you can see we are birds of a feather.

Well, just because they wanted to do it doesn't mean they were able to on time

Well Bush.. umm.. err Obama rather, better get on the ball.

Wait!

Who is running that monkey show over in Washington these days anyway?

or in the way they expected. And of course, beyond that, just because they may have wanted to destabilize the ME doesn't mean the fact that the ME is now destabilized is connected.

That's a fair assessment. Sure, why not. Lets let every tin pot Dictator/Oppressive Regime off the hook when their people rise up in opposition from years of dictatorial tyrannical rule and blame everything on the West.

Seems to be working just fine.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

We are both former military.

thats why you defend the rebels and the real war criminals who should be in the war court by now.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Much has been said in the past about what we seem to be hearing about today ....The big problem I have is knowing who these real villains are this vid and the interview that follows shows just how the snakes can maintain the plan without giving the public all the info we need to have to understand before deciding how we should proceed ...peace Who is Rich Beel secrecykills.com... and then sit back for part 1 from Boiling Frogs This is Part I of our three-part one-of-a-kind interview series with author and researcher Paul Thompson. For additional background information please visit the complete 9/11 Timeline Investigative Project at HistoryCommons.Org and Richard Clarke’s interview by John Duffy and Ray Nowosielski at SecrecyKills.Com.

Paul Thompson joins us to discuss the latest revelations by former counterterrorism czar Richard Clarke and his explosive allegations against three former top CIA officials – George Tenet, Cofer Black and Richard Blee – accusing them of knowingly withholding intelligence about two of the 9/11 hijackers, Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar, who had entered the United States more than a year before the attacks. He provides us with the most comprehensive history and context to date on Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar, who hijacked American Airlines Flight 77 with three other terrorists and flew the jetliner directly into the Pentagon killing 189 people. Mr. Thompson takes us through a mind-boggling journey through the Yemen Hub, the highly critical Malaysia Summit, Thailand, USS Cole bombing, CIA’s Alec Station, NSA, FBI and beyond!
show # 53 www.boilingfrogspost.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

We are both former military.

thats why you defend the rebels

You say that like it's a bad thing.
I'll ignore your repeated regurgitated rhetoric that had followed along.

PEACE
Slay

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
i dont have anything nice to say about clark

watched the dude on fox msnbc and a few other stations and it was quite clear the dude is a shill

he gets paid for his opinions where as most of us ats dont.

i do not beleive a word he says the dude is selling a book?

alrighty then.

controversy sells and so does claims that no one else can back up.

meh

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

No doubt the people and their natural, understandable grievances are involved. But do you really think they are the only players on the scene? Surely an astute student of the Great Game such as yourself must realize the likelihood that there is more here than meets the eye. I find UK and European interest in this case particularly interesting.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Britain set up secret unit to cut fuel to Kadhafi

(AFP)

www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5i9qyYvaF8j0cAwvW4JuhKgHWnWEg

LONDON — Britain set up a covert unit in London to block oil supplies to Moamer Kadhafi and ensure the rebels received enough fuel for their fight against the Libyan dictator, a diplomatic source said on Thursday.

The "Libyan oil cell" comprised a handful of a civil servants, ministers and military figures working secretly from the Foreign Office in central London.

The unit was the brain child of Alan Duncan, a minister in the Department for International Development, who convinced Prime Minister David Cameron that part of the solution to the conflict lay in oil, according to news reports.

The six-strong team was set up in April and worked from two disused rooms on the top floor of the Foreign Office, where officials gathered information about oil and fuel movements and passed it on to the government and NATO.

(...)

Key initiatives included helping with the blockade of Kadhafi-held ports by passing advice to NATO and helping locate routes that smugglers were using to get fuel into Libya overland, the BBC and Times newspaper said.

The unit also provided intelligence to the rebels to cut off the supply of crude oil from the Nafusa mountains to Kadhafi's refinery at the port of Zawiya.

Smugglers were trying to transport oil on land routes after the European Union froze the assets of nearly 50 entities including six ports in Libya to put pressure on Kadhafi to ease the crackdown on anti-regime protests.

London-based oil traders were encouraged to sell fuel to the rebels in the rebel stronghold of Benghazi and were put in contact with the rebel leadership.

According to media reports, Duncan once worked for Vitol, the oil trading group that provided fuel to the rebels.

But government sources told the BBC there was no conflict of interest as the Libya oil cell had no commercial relationship with the company.

(...)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

No doubt the people and their natural, understandable grievances are involved. But do you really think they are the only players on the scene?

On the contrary, I know "Outsiders" are involved [Only an idiot would not acknowledge that fact] but unlike some members [Yourself excluded] I try to look at the situation objectively. I'll try considering all sides first and not go off half cocked and randomly throw dreck against the wall to see if anything sticks [No reference to this thread] as some members do [Again, yourself and this thread excluded]

Surely an astute student of the Great Game such as yourself must realize the likelihood that there is more here than meets the eye. I find UK and European interest in this case particularly interesting.

Now therein lies the real participants and should be the point of interest to all.
I'm glad you've made that distinction for we should really be discussing in my opinion who is and who isnt really calling the shots. And, while doing so also be asking ourselves what makes the people in places like Syria, Iran and Libya obviously, risk their lives?

Are they all so dimwitted and simple minded enough to believe the supposed CIA/MI5 [or whatever other alphabet organizations] brainwashing? I think far too many fail to look deeper and recognize the plain and simple fact that many of these people legitimately want their Governments gone for real world reasons.

As I've writen in one of my recent threads.
I do not, REPEAT, do not want American boots on the ground in any official capacity!

I appreciate the reply.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
General Clarke would fit in well with all of us over here? What he is saying is just a conversation with somebody at the Pentagon. Or if it happened at the Pentagon or anywhere for that matter? Perhaps, it was a conversation that took place in his own mind? No names, no documents, and I am supposed to believe this conversation took place? He is angling for something here whether it be reputation, book sales, or whatever ego driven aim he has up his sleeve.

Notice it was all a Bush this, Cheney that, and Rumsfeld whatever. Nothing about his old boss former President Bill Clinton and his campaign in the Balkans, and a campaign under his command. To my understanding the US involvement in the Balkans was met with ridicule and controversy. Nothing about that, but anything and everything about military campaigns that happened long after he retired? Just another snake oil salesman, and there are a lot of them.

So much for this alleged 5-year plan, because it seems under the current environment this plan is a abysmal failure? All the nations listed are not under the boot of the United States or even close, and have always been in a state of destabilization. So, I find his speech as simply more political regurgitation by a would-be politician with another personal agenda. Let him talk until he is blue-in-the-face, and if he can't substantiate his claims with a little more than his own good word, then I have no other choice but to throw it in the waste bin.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

He claims this is a little known "covert" agenda and it sounds like something the US would do and it appears to be what they are doing. So they didn't do it in five years, it was only a goal. I can see someone in some clandestine meeting somewhere saying fellas this is going to take 10 years not 5 as we planned, we are doubling our time frame. The "time frame doesn't fit" in itself is no deal breaker.

Now as to your rank the level of information you had access to...was it as high as his?
I am not saying it wasn't nor meaning any disrespect because I certainly do honor your military service for this country... but you do seem to harbor some hard feelings he is out there making money and you are here with us for free. From this I imagine your rank was as high as his and you both had access to the same levels of information. Is this correct?

Isn't it a technique of the military to never tell anyone group all that is involved in a larger plan but limit them to the skill set needed and short term directive for their particular part in it? This way no one person or group gets the entire picture. Could you have missed this agenda and might it not possibly be true?

edit on 3-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Which 7 countries are we looking at here...?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Ok answered my own question, found this in a forum from 2007:

'This is a memo that describes how we're going to take out seven countries in

five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off,

Iran.'

Link

Got a few to go still...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

He names Iraq, Libya, Syria, Lebanon, Somalia, Sudan and Iran.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Sheesh there was one reply when I clicked this thread lol

So I missed your replies, I think we're on the same wavelength here with this guy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join