It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep an eye on B Of A !!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Check the states on this one. That with the US Govt. getting ready to sue 10 banks soon for fraud. (Julian from Wikileaks saying he couldn't comment on B of A etc ) Food for thought... Below is the link..

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
oh yeah... i work for a bankruptcy firm, so i have NO DOUBTS about the sinister acts of BofA... but they're not the only ones that need to be watched... good call though

and they purchased all the crappy loans that were being mishandled by countrywide...

www.istockanalyst.com...

wallstcheatsheet.com...

edit on 2-9-2011 by schitzoandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

The US Government used to make Soldiers get a BoA credit card for travel. What a shady deal! Used it once and was rewarded with 12 months of pain, but I did get my money back. Now that CitiBank has bought them out it is the same thing again.

BoA and CitiBank are criminal corperate institutions in my mind. If you have a account with them, I would advise you close it now.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

yes, and citifinancial just went under, now calling themselves one main financial... en.wikipedia.org...

but that doesn't mean they have changed anything... other than their name...
edit on 2-9-2011 by schitzoandro because: edit

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Two of my sons had their first checking accounts with B of A, and a consistent pattern emerged. Every time -and I do mean every time - their balance was extremely small, a dollar or two, a small purchase of several dollars would hit, causing them to overdraft and incur the ridiculously expensive "overdraft transaction fees" - I blamed them for quite some time, and told them they had to track their debt card purchases much more diligently. This is true, however, when I looked into it, the purchases that were always posted that caused the overdraft were months, in some cases many months, old. In their case, it was almost fast food. I used to think that Taco Bell (yuck!) was the conspirator.

Now I know that this was a deliberate business practice by B of A. If only back then I know what I know now.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Yes and here we are 3 months later and look at BOA's stock. I have had different but experiences along the same lines as you mention. Time will tell and I think the banks are going to have another fall soon.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

We have had and continue to have the same problem with BOA which is why we are closing our account. They have really shady checking practices with regards to how they post transactions to your account. They will hold some purchases for long periods of time (such as gas) and you forget about them. When you check your balance online you think you have money then right before payday when your balance is low they will send them all through at the same time which will result in many overdraft fees if your balance was low enough. I still have outstanding gas purchases from several weeks ago and they all say 1.00, rest assured when my balance gets low enough they will all of the sudden be approved.

We also had a problem with them rearranging transactions in order to get more overdraft fees. If your balance was low and you had made small purchases before and realized you were going to overdraft by making a big purchase, you would think that they would go through in order of purchase and you would end up with one overdraft. But they would send the big one through first and then all the smaller ones so that they can charge you an overdraft for eachl of the small ones. I believe they have been called on this and we were actually supposed to get some of that money back.
edit on 21-12-2011 by kokoro because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2011 by kokoro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
My wife took a personal loan out for 4000$ a few weeks later a BoA credit card arrived. then she found out they rolled the personal loan into a credit card with 24% interest. The personal loan was 8% and paid off with the credit card??? She never activated the card so when the bill came we had to have the lawyer write them a letter their response was they had the RIGHT to do it. The lawyer reminded them they had no proof of ever applying for a credit card no matter getting one and they would not be getting any money. She tried to pay on the personal loan but they say it's paid off. An ongoing issue.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I saw similar patterns but instead of ATM or Debit transactions, these would show up online as "Processing" meaning it was a hold of funds which also affected the available balance.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Exactly. Even if the transaction hadnt cleared as of yet, the transaction is reflected in the balance. I have never seen, in 7 years with BoA, a transaction just disappear and reappear months later. That doesn't sound right to me.

top topics

join