It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Worst Physical Pain You've Ever Felt?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Never had a kidney stone, but long term pain wise abcessed tooth is probably the worst I have felt. I had one that swelled half of my face to the point my cheek was pulling my eye open. Took three weeks of antibiotics to get the swelling down.

Next to that probably broken ribs, not as intense pain but still bad and long lasting. Couldn't even breathe without it hurting, and better hope you don't sneeze...

As far as short term pain dislocating my knee was the worst. My knee cap was all the way on the side of my leg, that wasn't the bad part tho, pulling my leg straight and snapping it back in was the worst. Not to mention the 90ccs of blood I had to get drained out with a needle jammed directly under my knee cap, and eventually knee surgery giving me 22 staples down my leg and about 9 weeks of hobbling around

also got partially scalped in a car wreck and got 13 staples in my head, that didn't feel to nice either

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I Passed multiple kidney stones when I was 16, it was hell, for three days all I remember is being curled up in a ball and medicated in the hospital until they passed.

Hands down worse pain I have ever experienced.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Heartbreak.

Only thing left on the list after that is death.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

I feel your pain, after having to be on steroids for an extended length of time due to a severe adverse reaction to a chemical, I was getting out of the car and my hip broke, no accident, no fall..I had developed osteoporosis from the steriods.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
One time when I was younger, I had an accident that completely shredded all the skin off my right kneecap.

That was a tiny pinch compared to how bad my migraines I used to get were. I still get them every day, but on a very much more tolerable scale.

I'm assuming Migraines count as physical, headaches in general are kind of a grey area in definition.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just writing this is bringing back memories of my worst pain. Picture if you will me 36 years old, racing bicycle and a 2 foot wide by 1 foot deep hole I never seen coming. I remember hitting it then travelling upside down through the air. When I woke up with the bicycle on top of me I couldnt move my head or arms due to severe neck compression and 2 dislocated shoulders. The pain was incredible and mixed with the fear that I had broke my neck I didnt want to scream in case I moved me head. I looked like quasimodo through swelling and 3 ops, 3 months of traction and 14 months of pain means I never want to do that again..

Apparently I landed vertically, head first, planted like a javelin. I was 6.1" then Im 5.11" now.

Respects
edit on 2-9-2011 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just a few years back, I was on my last day working as a prep cook at an Italian restaurant. I was in the basement of the place using a food slicer to cut squashes; I was working too quick and looked away for a second next thing I knew the left half of the tip of my finger was sliced off. The worst came when I had to re-bandage the day after and the gauze had bonded with my open flesh. Pain was so bad it took me 2 hours just to peel it off.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I know the feeling, but i wasnt gonna say nothing about it the rest of my life.
Man what a pain in the ass!

Its funny now though right?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Having my wisdom teeth pulled (after ran out of vicodin) and breaking my calcaneous (heel). The worst part was when they pulled the 4 to 5 inch pins (2) out that were holding my bone together so it would heal correctly.... Ouch.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Honestly have a hard time thinking of what it would be.... But probably when I got bit in the leg by a dog - it was shocking and I didn't expect a bite from such a small animal to hurt SO bad. But my leg had a purple and blue bump the size of an egg and was bleeding like crazy. I still have a scar. But then again I didn't cry so maybe it wasn't the most painful. My tooth went through my lip when I was 2. I've never sprained anything or broken a bone.... I really haven't been through too much trauma! I hope I never experience too bad of pain.

EDIT: Also remembered when I got glass in my foot and had to get a shot in my foot (so painful!) so they could dig it out. I was screaming in the doctor's office.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I've had a pipe go into my leg, surgical procedures, multiple deep lacerations and horrible ear infections. I'd have to say though that I actually have experienced two types of pain in my life that have left me with mental scars lol.

One would be the time I was flying to the Caribbean and had a sinus infection. Once we started to descend I felt a pain that was almost transcendental in nature. It was like a red hot knife being slowly driven through my skull. I bit into my hand so hard trying to redirect the pain that I broke the skin.

The second most painful event would be the day after I performed some heavy deadlifts. I was about to sit down on the couch when all of a sudden graphic pain shot through my lower back. As with the sinus infection, the pain was almost of a metaphysical nature in that it seemed resonate to the very core of my being. I had to literally drag myself on the floor to the phone, call my girlfriend out of work (too proud to call an ambulance lol) and have her help me off the floor.

Also, I have dislocated my patella (kneecap), that was also pretty painful.
edit on 2-9-2011 by Sentience365 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2011 by Sentience365 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I've been hit by cars had broken bones shot and stabbed. But the most pain I've ever had was trying to pass a gall stone.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

I feel your pain. I can write a book about them because I get uric acid stones on a chronic basis.

I know women who have gotten kidney stones who have said the pain was worst than child birth!
edit on 2-9-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
worst pains:

- broke both bones in lower arm skateboarding in 8th grade

- a bout of intestinal infection that was insanely crucial pain

- heartbreak from a break up in highschool

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Wow, you're lucky you didn't become paralyzed!

In this life you never know what's going to happen to you around the next corner.

link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

Kidney stones, by far... all I could do was scream at one point to deal with it!

Despite many injuries, broken bones, flesh wounds etc over the years including a nasty motorcycle crash.
It was kidney stones that was the most painful,
agonising pain, allegedly as bad as childbirth. (Allegedly)

I was hit by a drunk driver and it collapsed a tube between my kidney and by bladder, the pain when the kidney backed up was crazy painful 10 out of 10 level; a kidney stone blocks the same tube but a collapsed tube can't be "passed". It hurt way more than putting mig wire through my finger or any number of other injuries I've had.

The second worse pain was acidently putting a staple (from an industrial air stapler) through my thumb nail and finger into a stud wall while on a ladder. I had to reach with my right hand to get my leathermen out of my pocket to pry my finger free from the wall then I drove home (about 3 miles) and had my wife get me a wooden spoon and a glass of OJ. Drank to OJ to boost my blood sugar back up , bit down on the handle of the spoon and used the pliers to pull the 1" staple out of my thumb. Nearly passed out from the pain but managed to get it out. Then I packed up the holes in my finger with polysporin and banadaged up myself and then decided I needed more OJ and a nap. That was an 8 out of 10 maybe a 9 pulling it out.
edit on 2-9-2011 by exile1981 because: fixed gramar, expanded the incident.

link   
reply to post by NLightN

Haha, I hadn't seen your post before, I think this was what I experienced as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
before 2 days ok the worst pain I'd ever felt was tearing my rotator cuff in my left shoulder and then proceeding to be an idiot and not go to the hospital for a week.

when i went in the doctor didn't believe anything was serious since i hadn't been in, when he found out what it was he couldn't believe it saying there was no way a "normal" person could stand that amount of pain for a whole week.

my fiance said to him "yeah he is an idiot, i had to put up with him whinging the whole time and if it wasn't for me he still wouldn't have come in"

it was so bad i was on a mixture of panadiene forte, weed, and standing in a hot shower for about 3/4 of the time i was awake as that was the only thing that stopped it from hurting.

i think i had a total of about 4hrs sleep that whole week.

oh and want to know how i managed to do it?

throwing a bloody gridiron in the park with some friends lol

now that was my number 1, until 2 days ago when i had to go in for a root canal.

the dentist was doing his thing, and being a root canal there aren't supposed to be any nerves alive in the cavity.

not for me, he shoved this thing down my tooth into the canal and BAM, my head felt like it was exploding, it lasted about 10secs but i nearly went unconscious the pain was that extreme. The dentist was shocked i had a live nerve still so they spent the next 5mins injecting me with anesthetic lol.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

The worst pain I have ever felt was caused by mental torment, or mental abuse. "Sticks and stones may break my bones......."

Those things heal, but the stuff you don't really see or feel from the onset is the worst.

I'll take physical pain any day over the long lasting effects of mental pain!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Well,

Ive had all the bones in my hand broken
Ive Been knocked over by a car twice ( head injuries )
Ive had my nose chopped off in an industrial accident. ( Yes Chopped off )
Ive had my nose broken 3 times. ( B4 chopping lol )

But no word of a lie, worst pain ever TOOTH ACHE
nearly overdosed on pain killers trying to get some sleep )

tooth ache is the worst pain ive ever experienced hands down.

oh and by the way i got the 2nd top plastic surgeon in England to reconnect my nose and you cant tell
Thank god. .......

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join