It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an MOD who can tell me why I have so many negative points?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I think I'm at around -730 right now, and that's up from -1650, or right around there. I didn't even realize they were negative, because I really didn't pay attention to it. Then I started to see the number climb towards 0, and became confused.

Can an MOD please help me out and tell me why I have all these negative points. I don't remember anything, and never had any restrictions or anything.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

If you're a 'bad boy" they take points off you.

Have you been a "bad boy" ??

Off Topic posts, manners and decorum, warnings etc all cost points...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
And what do these points do? I mean if you can have negative points they obviously do not post ban you at zero or some such. So why have them at all?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by byeluvolk
And what do these points do? I mean if you can have negative points they obviously do not post ban you at zero or some such. So why have them at all?

Surely I can buy stuff..
I'm saving up for a new BMW.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Oh well if we buy stuff with the points then what are the flags for? And then what are stars for? I am getting confused now. What can/can’t we trade in for a BMW these days?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I'm still waiting for my ATS Points Catalog to arrive in the mail.

I expect that I will only be able to get the ATS Lego Block for all my points and stars and flags =\

I'm lucky that I have never accumulated negative points...

I would guess negative flags and Black Stars would be worse... if they exist.

Heh, I've given out Black Stars for retarded posts.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Every time one of your posts gets actioned there is an associated point deduction. I'm not exactly sure how many points for each action, but I think it's around 500 points for an off-topic post, 1,000 points for a mannered post and 1,500 for a warning... The u2us that explain the action should tell you how many points have been deducted.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Your have quite a deficit there, you need to balance that account, I suggest tough austerity measures or you will be asking to borrow points of other more point wealthy members.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
A Debt Of Gratitude

It could be worse. If you were the U.S. government, your balance would be somewhere around -14,677,396,942,174 points.

So think of yourself as ahead of the game.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

-730 is cake try getting your weight up like me -2,225

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
i wouldnt worry about it mate, points mean absolutely nothing

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
What a relief! I thought they sold your soul to the vatican when you got to -666.

What is the "W"? I know the "K" is karma......

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
I think I'm at around -730 right now, and that's up from -1650, or right around there. I didn't even realize they were negative, because I really didn't pay attention to it. Then I started to see the number climb towards 0, and became confused.

Can an MOD please help me out and tell me why I have all these negative points. I don't remember anything, and never had any restrictions or anything.

i'm around -20k or so.

you get spanked with 500 or 1000 points for anything tptb deem whatever.

don't act stupid, you know why you got these neg points.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
each time you get a warning it's an automatic -500 points. I should know I just got hit with 2 of them the other day

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Don't forget, there are positive points too... of course they are equally insignificant from the point of view of the real...

If you care to use them to gauge yourself you may, but no one really does track them.

A particularly well researched thread and or meaningful and on-topic post can earn you up to a 1,000 points via an applause, if I am remembering correctly.

But again, such metrics are a mere contrivance...

What really matters is how you say what you say when you say it.....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
the art of creating a Bonsai Tree or bush... requires the snipping of roots so the plant
grows up as a miniature version...or a dwarf size plant (akin to getting points deductions)

to myself, a giant redwood or sprawling cottonwood is too much to appreciate
but the Bonsai juniper for example is beautiful to behold and invites my imagination to soar

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think you can buy avatar type stuff for your profile with points, plus it allows you to enter RATS(?), kinda like a secret organistion for the best posters.

Flags are just to let others know how good a topic is really, or how much interest there is in it.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
A Debt Of Gratitude

It could be worse. If you were the U.S. government, your balance would be somewhere around -14,677,396,942,174 points.

So think of yourself as ahead of the game.

That was hilarious!

OP, don't worry, it happened to me too
I was in a debt crisis of some where around 900 something...it's no big deal. I only had about 12 points anyway.

ETA - Although I was looking forward to getting that Deny Ignorance sticker with my points

edit on 9/3/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ok, I have about 64,005 points.

Can I get a new xbox or something?

Actually, it doesn't mean anything but the fact that you are a valued member that is contributing to the whole.

At least I think that's the point?

edit on 3-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Actually - where do you find these points? And is it rude of me to take this opportunity to ask what all of the letters P,F,S,W & K underneath my avatar mean?

Oh, wait - I guess the P = points! But what do the others all mean?

Am I going off topic by asking? If so, my apologies.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join