It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKILEAKS Cablegate : Password Released, Post your Finds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

agreed some of them look way to fake reminds of when i did a little story about a future conflict for high school.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
I created this thread to post any interesting, apalling, or strange finds ATS users come across in their own research or from other sources. A catch-all of sorts, for the leaked data. Please, be sure to redact all sensitive info in order to not put ATS at jeapordy for any reason.

So far, I haven't found much that is surprising. Most of it turns my stomach, but I will start with something very interesting I've been reading from this page :

www.wikileaks.ch...

¶6. WHAT REALLY DISTINGUISHES SYRIA, HOWEVER, IS ITS
CANDID ASSESSMENT THAT TERRORISM IS COST EFFECTIVE.
IN PART, THIS IS A FUNCTION OF THE DETERRENTS TO ANY
DIRECT MILITARY ACTION POSED BY SUPERIOR ISRAELI FORCES
OR ARAB OPINION. SYRIA IS ALSO NOT THE FIRST REGIME
TO HAVE DISCOVERED THAT ONE EFFECTIVE WAY OF DEALING
WITH POLITICAL OPPOSITION IS TO EXTINGUISH IT. ANOTHER
FACTOR WHICH WE CANNOT ASSESS PRECISELY IS THE EXTENT
AND NATURE OF SOVIET SUPPORT FOR TERRORIST ACTIVITIES
WHICH MAY BE DIRECTED FROM SYRIA. FOR EXAMPLE, IT IS
NOT FAR FETCHED TO CONCEIVE OF A SOVIET ROLE IN PROMOTING
INSURGENT ACTIVITIES INVOLVING THE KURDS AGAINST TURKEY
OR TERRORIST ACTIVITIES INVOLVING OTHER GROUPS AGAINST
EUROPEAN TARGETS. (THE SOVIETS HERE STOUTLY MAINTAIN
THEIR OPPOSITION TO, AND NON-INVOLVEMENT IN, ANY SUCH
ACTIVITIES.)

Aside from the whole cable painting Syria as a country that can barely contain the hatred toward Israel, and at best, tolerates the terrorism because it would lose too much face if it didn't, this cable also puts Syria in the back seat of most middle east politics.

Given the chance, they would open up on Israel and at worst, join the fray of an ongoing attack from another country against Israel.

What is stranger, is that there is a hinted Soviet element that is somewhat discarded in the same paragraph. Why would this even be in a SECRET leak? A claim, no matter if it was disregarded later or not, is extremely substantial. I, for one, believe the initial claim that the Soviets are in line with Syria and every other country willing to work with them.

I personally believe that the next world war will be headed by China and Russia, with the Middle Eastern countries in tow.

China will cut us off in Pakistan, and force us into Iraq and Afghanistan, finally pushing us out. The Middle East will collapse on Israel, and Russia will go after the European nations.

What did you find?

If you did not download the 60GB File, I don't blame you. Feel free to browse through it here, online :
www.wikileaks.ch...

I think Israel is doing the Kurds now...

MİT-Mossad kapışması ve casus savaşlarının yeni sıcak merkezi: Türkiye

Türkiye haritası

Türkiye-İsrail ilişkilerinin gerginleşmesi MİT-Mossad savaşını da beraberinde getiriyor. Mossad’ın PKK’yı taşeron terör örgütü olarak kullanmaya başlaması işi bambaşka boyutlara taşıyabilir. Ortadoğu’da çeşitli senaryolar peşinde olan CIA, KGB, BND gibi uluslararası istihbarat örgütleri de Türkiye’ye yoğunlaşmak zorunda. Soğuk Savaş döneminde bile Türkiye, casus savaşları açısından bu kadar “sıcak” olmamıştı. Yeni başkanıyla dış istihbarata yönelmeyi hedef alan MİT’i her alanda şimdiye kadar karşı karşıya kalmadığı müthiş bir mücadele dönemi bekliyor.

www.euractiv.com.tr...

Its all over the Turkish press since 2010.
edit on 3-9-2011 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

I bet also it would greatly benefit Israel to blame it on the Soviets yet even Turks are not that stupid.
edit on 3-9-2011 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zenobserva

Well from what people say it has to be something big enough to make a peacefull ordinary law abiding person flip and go crazy.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
My brother found some info on red mercury in the cables - see it here:

www.theparacast.com...

Another mention (click to make bigger):

Joseph P. Farrel has already been told, so we'll see what he does with it.

edit on 3-9-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Originally posted by alfa1

What did you find?

Is there any way to do a keyword search?
The other search engine I know of, cablesearch, doesnt have this new set.

list your keywords and Ill post the docs w/ positive results.

Don't bother with "UFO" - there's nothing worth reading for that search

could you do a search for EBE.
extratereestial biological entity.

be interested in that.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

SUBJECT: BULGARIA SUPPORTS IAEA REPORT ON SYRIA, BUT
CAUTIONS IT IS NOT HIGH EU PRIORITY

REF: SECSTATE 16530

Classified By: DCM Susan Sutton for reasons 1.4 (b) and (d).

¶1. (S) Post delivered reftel points to Miroslav Zafirov, MFA
Middle East expert on February 25. Bulgaria supports the
February 18 IAEA report on Syria, which draws attention to
Syria's clandestine nuclear program. Zafirov cautioned
against pushing too hard on the issue, citing a lack of EU
support. While the EU is in constant talks about Syria's
relations with Turkey, Israel, France, the Middle East Peace
Process, and internal security, according to Zafirov there is
currently no discussion of Syria's nuclear program. Zafirov
claims that Syria is using the situation in Iran, as well as
its increased role in the Middle East Peace Process in a
concerted effort to divert attention away from its nuclear
program. He cited this as one reason for the current thaw in
EU-Syria relations. He doubts that the EU will adopt a
common position on Syria's nuclear program anytime soon.

¶2. (S) Zafirov's view is that EU members believe now is an
opportune time to talk with Syria, as President al-Assad
retools his cabinet and security agencies, and Syria
continues to make positive overtures in the region. Bulgaria
is particularly concerned about France's position on the IAEA
Syria report, which Zafirov speculated may be too soft.
Zafirov promised to personally hand over our points to Deputy
FM Marin Raykov and offer a favorable opinion in support of
our position.
WARLICK

www.wikileaks.ch...

This cable is a little confusing.

First, it acknowledges that Syria is engaged in a clandestine nuclear program, using the cover of Iran and other issues in the middle east as a smoke screen.

It then goes on to say that the EU doesn't feel the need to investigate at the moment? I understand that there are domestic issues, but if we are to believe that Syria is so dangerous, how can we let this go? (By US, I mean the US and it's EU allies.

If Syria starts making announcements on the news about a nuclear program, and threatening any country, I will be furious!

This, in combination with the post below, is actually pretty scary.

I we're going to play world police, let's play it right, at least.

edit on 2011/9/3 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

¶1. (S/NF) On February 22, 2010, BG Yossi Baidatz, Israel Defense Intelligence (IDI) Chief of Production and Analysis, advised Embassy Tel Aviv officers that IDI had information suggesting Syria intended to imminently transfer SCUD-D missiles to Hizballah in Lebanon. Baidatz explained that IDI viewed completion of such a transfer as creating a “new level of concern” along Israel’s northern border, and he requested that the USG demarche the Syrian government in an attempt to dissuade them from transferring the missiles. Baidatz requested that any demarche be delivered prior to the February 25 arrival in Washington of Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak. Baidatz was concerned that a demarche following Barak’s meeting in Washington would lead the Syrians to believe that the U.S. and Israel collaborated to uncover and thwart the transfer.

¶2. (S/NF) Embassy Tel Aviv’s Office of Regional Analysis is sending additional details separately.

www.wikileaks.ch...

So Israel is fearing SCUD's given to Hezbollah by Syria, who has a clandestine nuke program...

and we are doing nothing?

I find that hard to believe.

Maybe this is the reason for all the Syria hype in the news lately. Could the predictions to go to war with Syria be true? If so, what does that mean for the prediction that Israel will be attacked by an onslaught from the surrounding muslim countries?

More later when I have the time.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo

See following for - Letter from Iraq to the UN Secretary-General (S/2003/132)

reliefweb.int...

From

reliefweb.int...

TJ

Is this one of the cables recently released? I have not been able to get on wikileaks today. Says undergoing maintenance. It also displays the link to connect with them by IRC. Last summer when their site was down, they dislplayed the same message and link to IRC. I got on IRC and chatted with one of the mods. Just asking what date to expect the leak they claimed was coming. Within an hour my email logged me out and said I was logged in from another location. I did not get on IRC with them this time.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by SaturnFX

"we know there is life on other planets, but we must make peace here first."

We do?

We do. You'd have to be an idiot to not know there's life on other planets. Does that mean they've visited us? Not at all. But the Universe is too big, bigger than our egos(not much bigger), to not have life out there.
It's very self-centered and idiotic to think we are the only life in the universe.

IMO, Life is very common in the universe.

No, we don't. Not offically
And thats what I was pointing out...this is an offical discussing, which makes it interesting. I would like to know why he said this...is he just basing it on assumptions like the rest of us, or privvy to something the general public has not been made aware of yet.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by sbctinfantry

In case you forget, the soviets were trying to get the middle east. Partly the reason we supported the placement of dictators was to quell revolution efficiently. We didn't march in there for oil. We were requested to aid against communism, least you forget Iraq, circa 50s-60s.

I didn't forget the proxy wars of Afghanistan, and the secret backing of radical groups that serve an agenda. However, the reason I posted the cable was because of this :

The initial Soviet deployment of the 40th Army in Afghanistan began on December 24, 1979 under Soviet premier Leonid Brezhnev.[19] The final troop withdrawal started on May 15, 1988, and ended on February 15, 1989 under the last Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev. Due to the interminable nature of the war, the conflict in Afghanistan has sometimes been referred to as the "Soviet Union's Vietnam War".[20]

Source : en.wikipedia.org...

This is probably inaccurate, as far as what I've been researching over the last few years. Russia, China, NK, Iran and other Middle Eastern countries have had a sustained interest in the affairs of Syria, as well as other countries in the region to this day.

As Stated :

The timestamp in the OP cited Cable was :

O 131222Z JUN 85

Which would be 13:12:22 Zulu (UTC) - June 1985

However, we are to believe the proxy war ended shortly after this? To believe that the US was afraid to admit something that today is abundantly clear?

Here's just a little info regarding this topic :

Russia Criticizes EU Ban on Syrian Oil
France Calls for 'Accelerated' Regime Change in Syria (China and Russia Disagree and Move to Block)
ICRC President, Syrian Leaders to Meet (Slam EU Sanctions Against Syria)
Russia, China Resist UN Sanctions Against Syria - Push Envoys
Russia to Keep up Syrian ARMS SALES
Russia, China Oppose Outside Influence on Syrian Affairs

Of course, there is also this :

Iran Watches Syria with Increasing Concern, Russia/China Chime In (Title Altered - Original Title in Link Below)

Article Key Points - To Avoid Excessive Quoting

☼ Tehran initially passed over the antigovernment protests in Syria in silence. Iranian officials publicly ignored the protests while praising the revolts in other Arab countries as part of an "Islamic awakening." The Iranian state media also remained silent about the street demonstrations against Assad.

☼ But the scale of the protests and the criticism at home forced Iran to change its stance. Iranian officials began acknowledging the demonstrations in Syria, while claiming that they were the result of a foreign conspiracy.

☼ [Iran] can not afford a post-revolutionary Syria that is an enemy.

☼ Khamenei and the Revolutionary Guards are very much willing to support Assad and keep him in power with any kind of support," Rafizadeh says. "It seems that they're even ready to pay a heavy price to [reach their goal]."

A commentary posted this week on Irdiplomacy, a website run by former senior Iranian diplomats, said that Iran, Russia, China, and North Korea are involved in efforts to "neutralize moves" against Assad. The report said the speaker of Iran's parliament, Ali Larijani, who is due to travel to North Korea and China over the weekend, plans to discuss the crisis in Syria with officials in Pyongyang and Beijing.

Iran Watching Syria with Increasing Concern

Not to mention the previous two posts that cite Syria is aquiring SCUD's with it's neighbor Iran saying it is willing to back them, even paying a "heavy price". Syria has a covert nuclear progran, and Iran is pursuing the bomb. The USG believes that Syria is using the smokescreen of Iran's nuclear program to remain incognito.

Put the pieces together.

Iran purposefully being belligerant, because all the world is a stage, in order to cover the Syrian nuclear program enough to get a bomb. Russia and China aren't speaking about it, and could be covering it up. They are already inserting themselves into debate over Syria.

Anyway
edit on 2011/9/3 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

131222Z JUN 85

That would be a time stamp, 13:12:22 Hours, or 1:12 PM, but it doesn't have a date.

Close. It's 1222 UTC, 13 June 1985.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I doubt North Korea honestly cares when their own country is pretty much only still standing because of their efficient propaganda department.

Syria probably is going to fall next. And to be honest, I don't care. Let it fall.

There was a time when Egypt and Syria were considered the same country And I rather like the idea of a post-revolution united Libya, Egypt, Syria, and Palestine. I think the Iranians would do well to know their place.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNewKid
I believe somebody got it open using this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

unless I have been misinformed

No, that is just citing that the password was released. Thanks for the heads up, and I think the search function is fixed (again).

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

And thats what I was pointing out...this is an offical discussing, which makes it interesting. I would like to know why he said this...is he just basing it on assumptions like the rest of us, or privvy to something the general public has not been made aware of yet.

I guess it is interesting how they said it. It didn't surprise me because I've always thought leaders aren't as dumb as most people think, know what I mean?
I want to make it clear I wasn't trying to call you stupid. that was the general "you."

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Apparently there are a lot of Japanese conpiracy theorists who think the Jews control the world.

Summary: Japanese anti-Semitism may be the ultimate oxymoron since Japan is a Shintoist/Buddhist society with virtually no Jewish minority and no history of discrimination against Jews as an ethnic or religious group. However, anti-Semitic attitudes and anti-Jewish conspiracy theories are accepted by surprisingly many Japanese. The idea of Jewish economic, political and intellectual "omnipotence" has gained an audience among Japanese who are not otherwise anti-Semitic. Anti-Semitism in Japan is manifested through books, magazines, public appearances by anti-Semitic writers, and several internet sites. The Israeli Embassy in Tokyo notes that what is found in Japan isn't "classical anti-Semitism," but a "combination of unfamiliarity, a tendency amongst a few to give credence to conspiracy theories about Jewish power, and some issues that are politically sensitive." End Summary. Shocking Remarks on National TV

I've yet to read the whole cable. I'll do that now and post anymore interesting things I find in it.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It seems Nasa are outsourcing work on a new kind of plasma rocket? It should also be running by now.

cablesearch.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

I guess it is interesting how they said it. It didn't surprise me because I've always thought leaders aren't as dumb as most people think, know what I mean?
I want to make it clear I wasn't trying to call you stupid. that was the general "you."

Fair enough
Anyhow, the "good stuff" is not here...because this is just classified and secret stuff. Any actual knowledge of aliens would immediately be classified as top secret...which is not what wikileaks has...so beyond the odd interesting slip-up, there really will never be any super cool (or scary) knowledge coming forward. They tend to make everything under the sun classified..which in my opinion is the actual scandal here. How much stuff is classified. it actually costs money to get and maintain classified records, and most of the stuff here isn't even interesting by any accounts...its just a history of keeping everything a secret regardless of content.
I was reading one bit about the headlines of newspapers in indonesia (or somewhere...not sure now) and that was made classified..why? why is that classified? there is no reason beyond it just being auto-classified without any regard.

So..ya...I didn't nor ever expect wikileaks to produce anything beyond maybe mildly embarrassing...they don't have that kind of stuff.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Found this when searching around the date of 9/11

http://__._/cable/2001/09/01VATICAN5095.html

Its about iraq war

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u

Is this one of the cables recently released?

The cable was released on the 30th August 2011. The cable in itself is nothing. The original poster has taken it completely out context and many who starred it simply did not click on the link to the cable. The letter from the Iraqi Foreign Minister was public knowledge when it was sent to the UN back in 2003. All the US cable is is a one stop news shop at the Unclassified level.

TJ

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
25MAR2005

Moonbase Italia

On March 4, Economic and Science officers met with Francesco Mazzuca, President of "Solidarity and Development," a technology and innovation NGO founded in 2001 to develop and present action proposals to policymakers on a broad range of issues affecting modern society. Mazzuca, a high-ranking advisor in the powerful defense industrial conglomerate, Finmeccanica, claims to enjoy Prime Minister Berlusconi's patronage for the initiative in the form of support from his diplomatic adviser, Giovanni Castellaneta. (NOTE: In fact, we agreed to a meeting at the Embassy at the specific request of one of Castellaneta's deputies. END NOTE) Mazzuca has contacted the head of the Italian Space Agency (ASI), the Minister of Education, Universities and Research, Letizia Moratti, and influential scientific researchers about the project. Dr. Walter Pecorella, Vice President of the National Institute of Astrophysics, accompanied Mazzuca to the Embassy meeting.

REVITALIZING U.S.-ITALY SPACE COOPERATION: ------------------------------------------ - "MOON BASE ITALIA"

Mazzuca explained that Solidarity and Development's proposal builds on Italy's world-class national and international space program, noted for successes such as the San Marco satellite and participation in the International Space Station and the Cassini-Huygens Saturn mission. Inspired by President Bush's Space Exploration Vision Program and High Frontier, Inc. Director Klaus P. Heiss' draft paper "A Moonbase of Observatories," Solidarity and Development wants to launch an ambitious international space exploration proposal to revitalize Italy's special relationship with the United States and maintain Italy's status as a major contributor to international space exploration missions. Identifying new areas for cooperation would also stimulate Italian research and industrial activities, and the funding to make them happen, something Italy badly needs to reverse declining economic competitiveness and the sliding GDP growth rate (1.2 percent in 2004). Solidarity and Development proposes to hold two invitation-only workshops for Italian, U.S., European, and Russian scientists and government representatives to discuss how to form an international effort to construct a manned base on the moon. They have named the initiative "Moon Base Italia."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join