It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former FEMA Director Agrees With Ron Paul - BAMMM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I found this video fairly funny
They completely did not expect him to agree with the notion that FEMA itself is a disaster
You can't have a disaster manage a disaster, it just doesn't make sense

I think that this is a fairly important message that the former FEMA director has

We are out of money, so we need to stop funding bad management

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
FEMA is a horrific division that could actually be effective if given the proper funding, AND the proper accounting controls.
Therein lies the rub. As with any government division. (Pentagon, ahem, ..no f that, the gd military has an unlimited budget while our kids get to play the lottery for preschool.

There are no easy answers.
Everyone will eventually need to take a pinch, but since we're not currently under direct threat...
Oh yeah, everyone is in the pockets of that thing Eisenhower warned us of...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
FEMA is a horrific division that could actually be effective if given the proper funding, AND the proper accounting controls.

FEMA was properly funded during Katrina, they still messed that up big time
How long did it take for help to come?

Plus how much did it cost them to come from afar?
Transportation costs, cost of too much time, too much time means more costly damage to the city

Originally posted by the owlbear
There are no easy answers.

Yes there are and the first thing to realize before thinking of answers is you can't manage a natural disaster, it WILL create havoc

But you can prepare, you can have a plan and everytime coast guards or national guardsmen learn from mistakes they share that information with all states.

Sure, the management of that information can be federal, but that doesn't mean you create a FEMA

Now look at this:

NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
www.noaa.gov...

And under NOAA there's:
National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service
National Marine Fisheries Service
National Ocean Service
National Weather Service
Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research
Office of Program Planning and Integration
www.noaa.gov...

Then there's the National Climatic Data Center(NCDC) that has the largest archive of climate data
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

Natural Resources Conservation Service,
National Water and Climate Center
www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov...

What are these redundant departments all competing against each other?

I say cut a few of them, they are redundant and have one of them manage information
States can get some funding for response training and salaries from the money saves from ending some dept.s

That's it, there you go

You bring the national guardsmen from foreign wars, cut redundant departments, end FEMA
Share knowledge and there you have it

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

FEMA was properly funded during Katrina, they still messed that up big time How long did it take for help to come?

I'm not taking fema's side, but whose fault was the Katrina debacle really? I'm not trying to be a smartass either, but I remembered Mike Brown's name specifically because of this clip, where he's heard warning Bush that fema was extremely concerned about the approaching hurricane. This was released, I believe, shortly after Bush denied having any idea about the potential severity of Katrina. And this is from the Associated Press, of all places (hmm.)

Iguess I don't really have a strong opinion on the OP.....suspicious of fema, for sure, but common sense says it's a good idea to have some type of disaster-response unit ready, just in case. I just think that, maybe, I don't know, the military shuld be used for this type of thing, instead of immoral invasions of other countries?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm going to stoop to name calling alright maybe not, Mike Brown, SMH.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think Ron Paul should inteview this former director
that would really rattle the cage

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
He's Right People are conditioned:

Fema is here to save you
Government is here to save you
Social Security is here to save you
Medicare is here to save you

Goverment programs are here to save you but they don't how can something save you that is broke?

Braishwashing.

Ron Paul for the win and to plug Paul agian why should 50 states and 330 million American's have to be punished to save 1 ?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
An interesting video to watch now that FEMA is back in the picture

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I found this video fairly funny
They completely did not expect him to agree with the notion that FEMA itself is a disaster
You can't have a disaster manage a disaster, it just doesn't make sense

I think that this is a fairly important message that the former FEMA director has

We are out of money, so we need to stop funding bad management

You have a typo in your topic:
It's "former horse judge", not "former FEMA director"...

top topics

join