It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone is copying and reposting your posts under another name on another site

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu
I couldn't find anything...so I searched your name. That's interesting. No mirror website. There is a Twitter account trika3000 that tweets about Fox news, Glenn Beck and other propaganda. I won't mention the real looking name on the account.....wait, what IS the point of this thread? Every website online has a mirror site, it seems. They've done this to MySpace, FaceBook........

Are you for real???
Yes, i have a twitter account under this name, plus my real name - although i don't tweet about Fox news or Glen Beck (is Glen even still on?, i don't really watch TV news) - actually, i only tweet to one or two friends about personal stuff and use my twitter to follow breaking news and Anon...

i am very out in the open with Trika3000 and my real name (even my avatar photo here is really me).
(BTW) i closed my trika 3000 youtube account and myspace account ages ago.
i don't understand your searching my name on google and coming up with Fox News and Glen Beck tweets... (pretty funny though, i'm gonna assume it was a joke because of all the left-wing and Anon stuff i follow)...

Just checked twitter, only i (me) came up on twitter so i don't know what your talking about (if you weren't joking)
i kinda go way back in the FBI archives (at least 25 years) which has to do with old pamphleteering days (Chomsky and such), television and film production (remember "The Panama Deception", very proud we were one of the first to air it in Chicagoland back in '92)... now the "Them" know i live my quiet/boring retired life and i stay outta trouble (had to re-read and makes sure i spelt it "retired", it's very close to another word). Oh - the stories i could tell ya, but that's something else

Excuse me, i have digressed...

To answer your question...

wait, what IS the point of this thread?

i sarted a thread about a website (that i found more or less randomly) that steals content from ATS. i thought it was just a curiosity i'd share with the "Board Business & Questions" forum.

The thread was deleted (because i posted the other websites "link"). But in the short time it was up i was recieving comments. Then after it was "pulled" i recieved U2Us from the mod who deleted the post, and several ATS members (the story "fill in" is in this thread in the first few pages).

So - i more or less re-started the thread which combined the original threads message about the mirror site and about ATS, mods and their deletions and (re)moving threads.
Which then became ironic as one of my comments was then deleted from this thread what seemed rather randomly and now it appears this thread has been moved again (seeming) randomly. (The site owner who uses the drug dealer guy as his avatar deleted the comment and then moved the thread. Funny, i just got a general message from him about "civility and decorum" and other goings on over on the who shot JFK site - oh excuse me it was the 911 site).

But while this current thread has been open i have recieved soooooo many U2Us from ATS members who seem extremely unhappy with some of the ATS mods (plus asking me for the "link").
Yesterday i could hardly keep up with U2Us and responding to this thread's Q and A...

So anyhow, i can say with some knowledge (because of what members have said - look three posts above your's to "hapablab's"), that ATS is it's own worst enemy and will be it's own downfall because of their own shenanigans and those of the their Mods... [note: Right before opening to read this thread tonight, i received another U2U about someone becoming fed up with the Mods and ATS.]

Go back and read through this thread and the complaints about this subject (not just about the mirror site).

ATS sometimes seems like they believe their own hype, but anyone who's lurked here or been here long enough can see all of the redunancy and the somewhat "Weekly World News" element, but it's fun for what it's worth (GLP and Prison Planet get to be too much and too crazy). Here i enjoy the entertainment value and the few gems here and there. When not here i'm on 4chan and reddit (now that's entertainment)
(In five or ten years none of this stuff will be on the computer anymore)

So, seeing how you seemed to find me on Twitter click the follow button (i'll follow back), you'll see i'm rather boring and very seldom tweet.

as ever
mike

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
Your opinion has been noted
However, although I am six years older, I am still the same person
What's the problem with that anyway, it was my choice to do so and make that announcement
Did I say that it was wrong? I just said that I don't know if I'd do that.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by trika3000

That is a surprise, why would they want to copy posts and repost it on another website? what would they benefit from it?
this annoys me too

KWytch

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnIghtWytchh

That is a surprise, why would they want to copy posts and repost it on another website? what would they benefit from it?
this annoys me too

KWytch

content... simply stealing content to create a reason to have a page that probably contains ads that someone might be paying for... and if it gets looked at a lot, looks good to advertisers. it becomes hard to know the true source but if someone looks at it, they still get the hit.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Read about this earlier this year right here on ATS and wondered why someone would do such a thing. I mean, hits to your website.....is anyone really that desperate they'd have to fake a community just to get others interested in joining?

Some folk are just too inane for words (and yes, I said inane and not insane)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

That avatar pic is actually you?

Then allow me to comment on the epic beard sir.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You would be surprised at how often I see people from ATS do that. Its not just other sites.

Yer,id say your right on that QBSneak000.

It would be happening here too.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It was only via this thread that I found out about the other site, and the more I think about it I don't like it. They have not stolen any of my words of wisdom(
), and I wouldn't care if they did. I don't publicly post whilst trying to keep my opinions to myself.

However, this other site is ridiculous. It is not quotes or references, it is a blatant rip off in disguise. What a joke. I am not familiar enough with copyright to comment on the legalities - but when did it become OK to pretend to be someone, or something else for financial gain?

PS - Please note that my latest plays are being published soon;

Othello
Hamlet
Measure for Measure..............by scotms.

Exactly, it is BS - you wouldn't buy them from me would you?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotms
PS - Please note that my latest plays are being published soon;

Othello
Hamlet
Measure for Measure..............by scotms.

Exactly, it is BS - you wouldn't buy them from me would you?
Yet people buy Pride Prejudice and Zombies all the time. Copying portions of other people's works, or even the dominant majority of their work is done and lauded all the time. There's a lot of nuances to this, but it leaves a lot of people with different opinions about where to draw the line.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel
[more
I accept that things can be copied but to take something else and market it purely as your own work or a separate entity is wrong.

For me the line is clear - if you use small or large parts of someone's work it should be mentioned.

This is why I used the Shakespeare plays. I could not do this, I would end up in court. Hell if I won't I am going to publish The Complete Works of scotms. I will be rich by Christmas.
Are you saying this kind of blatant plagiarism does happen? I am not a literary expert so I def. wouldn't know. If it does I will be shocked and probably a bit annoyed

A simple tag saying 'taken from ATS' would end the issue.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join