It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter From Barack Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I always get a kick out of getting a personal e-mail from Barack. I think this my 3rd. I support my president and hope that we can kick Congress in the arse and make them do their jobs. If you agree with this letter, then click on the link. If not, I'm putting on my sunburn lotion so flame away.

My First Name --

Today I asked for a joint session of Congress where I will lay out a clear plan to get Americans back to work. Next week, I will deliver the details of the plan and call on lawmakers to pass it.

Whether they will do the job they were elected to do is ultimately up to them.

But both you and I can pressure them to do the right thing. We can send the message that the American people are playing by the rules and meeting their responsibilities -- and it's time for our leaders in Congress to meet theirs.

And we must hold them accountable if they don't.

So I'm asking you to stand with me in calling on Congress to step up and take action on jobs:

No matter how things go in the weeks and months ahead, this will be an important challenge for our organization.

It's been a long time since Congress was focused on what the American people need them to be focused on.

I know that you're frustrated by that. I am, too.

That's why I'm putting forward a set of bipartisan proposals to help grow the economy and create jobs -- that means strengthening our small businesses, giving needed breaks to middle-class families, while taking responsible steps to bring down our deficit.

I'm asking lawmakers to look past short-term politics and take action on that plan. But we've got to do this together.

I will deliver this message to Congress next week, but I'm asking you to stand alongside me today:

my.barackobama.com... [url=http://my.barackobama.com...[/url]

More to come,

Barack

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So B.O has nothing better to do than write thousands of emails all day?? No wonder your country is in such a mess. A president addicted to the internet lol.

Ahhhhhhh its a blanket email to all his supporters

EDIT.....Kathryn????

open.salon.com...

edit on 1-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Isn't this his 483748 time stating he is going to do something about jobs? Hate to break it to you, the country is broke. The government can not do anything about creating jobs unless you are taking about building a atmosphere where businesses can thrive.

So, unless his plan includes kicking free trade agreements to the curb well doubt your going to see much other then a nice grandstanding.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
So B.O has nothing better to do than write thousands of emails all day?? No wonder your country is in such a mess. A president addicted to the internet lol.

like the 20 other times, id say bull# your not bright for supporting someone who does nothing,who lies, starts more wars, lies and says u.s troops arn there, brings iraq troops home and throughs them in afghanistan

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

I think you replied to the wrong person...im not even american...and if i were i wouldnt support the lying parasite

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

EDIT.....Kathryn????

open.salon.com...

HAHA! That's not me, but it's good to know that others get excited, like me. I just got a personal e-mail, and he signed it Barack! We're on a first name basis! LOL

I get really frustrated with the was the Repubs block everything he tries to do. I'm glad he and not McCain-Palin is in the White House, and I support his efforts.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Didnt I just read that he wants to present this jobs
program when the GOP is conducting their debates???
He has had all this time to do it and he decides to do it then?
What a jerk...its me me me...all the time.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

EDIT.....Kathryn????

open.salon.com...

Except most probably he didn't write it, one of his minions did.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Yes, that's how focused he is on the needs of the people.....probably wasn't prepared to disrupt his golf and his tv programmes to do it at another time, lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Except guarenteed he didn't write it. Presidents don't write form letters. Except, you know this wc. Funny thing though, ALL politicians do these baloney letters. Just because the President is a massive unmitigted failure shouldn't bring any additional scorn on him...they are all massive unmitigated failures...

CJ

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

If I am correct, he wanted to present it on the first day of Congress, after their recess. That just happens to be the same day of the debates. The speech was scheduled during the session of Congress, not during the debate. The Repubs were upset because the coverage, talking news heads, would have to split their coverage. Obama changed the date of his speech.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Except guarenteed he didn't write it. Presidents don't write form letters. Except, you know this wc. Funny thing though, ALL politicians do these baloney letters. Just because the President is a massive unmitigted failure shouldn't bring any additional scorn on him...they are all massive unmitigated failures...

CJ

I know, it's the standard mo..........they all send out bland, baloney letters....he gets my scorn, in the same way the others did. Nothing special about him in my eyes, not even that.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If you think this was not purposefully scheduled during the debate I have bridge you might be interested in buying.

I wonder, has he sent a personal letter explaining why he told so many lies? I'd like to see that posted.

Odd how these guys can openly lie to people and yet they simply ignore it and continue their support.

As to Congress, Obama had complete control of Congress and the entire government for 2 full years and could not even pass a budget. Would you please send your personal friend a letter and ask him why? How can you have total control and yet not be able to obey the laws that govern you and Congress and pass a budget?

While your at it, ask what happened to the transparency? That he could have accomplished on his own and Congress did not cause him to break that promise.

Actually, since we are on ATS I'm wondering if you posted that letter just to pull peoples legs and see what kind of responses you get. You know, having a little fun and laugh. Are you?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

After looking at how you write, and your blindness to the world around you. Im gonna take a wild guess and say that you are 23y/o (or younger) woman. Not that your gender or age really matters. Just saying that it shows.

Soon enough young windword, you will see the world for what it is and people for who they are. Mr. oBAMa is a grade 'A' used car salesman. Hope you have fun driving home in that jalopey that you thought was a Cadillac.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
He had some write that letter while he was reading it off a teleprompter.
Sad really.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
My reply to Mr. Obama's email:

If you want to create jobs asshat, then get government out of the freaking way!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
He had some write that letter while he was reading it off a teleprompter.
Sad really.

Thanks for the laugh. I wonder if the teleprompter malfunctioned and thats why the letter is coming out now? He had to eat some breakfast before they were able to get it back up and running...

CJ

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I liked snowens idea that he had to write it off teleprompter.

CJ

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yesterday, in a thread about the issue of the debates and the speech, I posted that I thought the date of OB's speach was on purpose. That there is a war between Repubs and Dems, and all is fair in politics and war. I am disappointed that he changed the date of his speech.

I'm disappointed in OB's presidency as well, as he shows very little backbone in a fight. However, I don't see a viable alternative in the GOP.

I didn't make the post to "see what reactions" would ensue or to pull anybody's leg. I posted it because:

1) I was excited to get a personal e-mail from the president. I got one, announcing that he had won the Nobel Prize, and one when I donated $25 to his campaign.

I know many here at ATS virtually dispise Obama. I remember my family fighting over JFK's policies too. Every president for that matter, was argued about over Thanksgiving dinner at my families table. I expected to be talked down to and called stupid for posting this here. Evidence; no star, no flag....it's ok.

2) I posted it because ATS is a HUGE site, and not all readers will comment or hate the presidient as much as others do here. I did it for Barack Obama. Why not? I support the guy. Others have posted for Ron Paul etc.
Why shouldn't I post for my President, whom I support and plan to re-elect?
edit on 1-9-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

As long as you always scrutinze your beliefs and act accordingly, roll with it windword.

CJ

top topics

<<   2 >>

join