It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Dream ACT or AB130 if passed will make it legal for illegal immigrant students to apply for state

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

I tell you, our politicians are nothing but whores to the interest they are sucking up to, for some reason the lobbying group behind immigration support doesn't give a crap about America or Americans born, they are protecting the big corporate interest of their masters.

BTW I a Latina, Two generation American thanks to US annexation of the Island of PR, but I am against illegal immigration as we have the same problem in my littler Island.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So much crying and not a dang thing is going to happen....so you are wasting your breath...

I am not Mexican nor illegal and nor am I from America...thank god.."whew" I am an outsider watching a few(well maybe more than a few ) idiot Americans cry about their precious tax dollars going towards the support of people they deem worthless. Yet when talking about tax dollars...they seem to think that it is only illegals and not the natural born Americans who are taking advantage of the system. You got your broke a$$ drug/boozed filled, lazy naturals who also do this ...so stop putting the entire blame of your country's downfall on the illegals.

How many of those illegals work their butts off for a few dollars just to get through the day. How many of those people do the jobs that American people seem to think are beneath them. You complain about the illegals. and lump them altogether as one big lazy useless bunch who are only here to mooch off of America and forget about the ones who just want a better life and work hard day in day out. Those are the thoughts of ignorant fools.

Where the public outrage of American tax dollars going towards the slaughtering of innocents overseas? The so called war....has claimed a lot of innocent lives.

As for the Asian fella, be careful Americans still have issues with your people.They to think your people are here to take hard working Americans jobs away...or take business over seas...they could care less if you were born and bred in US of A. If your not white...your an immigrant....The OP will now defend herself by saying.....she never meant colors...but come on...we all know who she means....the Mexicans.

Oh yeah did you know...Mexico lost the war...thanks for that little piece of history
and the government....umm not the people...but the government sold off pieces of it's land.

For those of you who hate what your government does without your consent...you could understand how people of that country would not recognize the government right to sell off pieces of their homeland. They would continue to see those lands as theirs.

edit on 3-9-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I would like to thank everyone for your contributions. As I would love for this thread to effectively communicate the topic, it already seems as if there are those that would love nothing more than to make this about something personal and derail this thread. This thread is not meant to insult anyone but to discuss the FACT that illegal immigrants are demanding equal rights to education. Not just Mexican illegals, but this bill applies to all illegals. I just wanted to make that clear.

Please stay on topic and if this thread upsets one so much that you can not communicate logically and stay on topic, please do yourself a favor and the rest of the ATS family a favor and not post here. This is not a racially charged thread, nor a thread about history.

I realize many of us will disagree but we can disagree and stay civil and respectful. At least that is what I wish for.

Again, I hope we continue this discussion and make progress. I am sleepy and will be logging out for the evening. I will be back tomorrow

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

My Friend marg6043, Here is another State that has Sold Out For Votes, in my mind,,,,,,

The Illinois DREAM Act, recently signed into law by Governor Pat Quinn, gives undocumented immigrant students access to privately funded college tuition assistance. Illinois, a state with one of the highest populations of illegal aliens, is the latest to pass such a measure. But lawmakers in other states, most notably Maryland, are working to stop similar legislation.

They are trying to smooth this over by saying they'll use Private Funds:

"This opposition doesn't come from trying to punish the kids or students for the sins of their parents, but rather not reward the parents for illegal activity. With the DREAM Fund commission, specifically in Illinois, although the money is coming from private funds, the funds are tax exempt," Williamson said.

source: www.voanews.com...

Makes Me Sick!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Isn't Illinois one of the states with very high poverty levels? I mean, the state can barely support their own poor and the unemployment is off the roof, but they have " private funds" for illegals.

That doesn't sound right. I wonder who is providing the "private" funding.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I'm Not A Fella, Maybe You Should Read The Threads A Little Closer.

As for the Asian fella, be careful Americans still have issues with your people.They to think your people are here to take hard working Americans jobs away...or take business over seas...they could care less if you were born and bred in US of A. If your not white...your an immigrant....The OP will now defend herself by saying.....she never meant colors...but come on...we all know who she means....the Mexicans.

Stick to things you know in your own country and try not to meddle in ours, I will gladly stay out of your countries politics, because I don't live there, it does not affect me or my pocket book.
If you really must reply,,,, Educate yourself first.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

this is just the beginning. when the illegals have a voting majority, se considera la molestia y tratar en consecuencia

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Well they are already the fastest growing minority, in some cities they have taken over, one of the things that amazes me the most is how rapid they reproduce, I mean, when I go to the mall you see them in clusters of 6 or 7 mostly children under the age of 10.

Then I wonder why I never had more than 2 and I remember, because 2 children were enough to bring up with all the best we could afford and my husband and I did.

Without any government hand out.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by guohua

Isn't Illinois one of the states with very high poverty levels? I mean, the state can barely support their own poor and the unemployment is off the roof, but they have " private funds" for illegals.

That doesn't sound right. I wonder who is providing the "private" funding.

YES, YES, From what I read it is Very High!

Food stamps in Illinois made news earlier in the year during the heated debate on a bill meant to make it harder to use them. The latest numbers from the state Department of Health and Human Services shows 1,802,252 people were on food stamps in February 2011. A Daily Heraldreport also shows that food stamp use has nearly doubled in the suburbs in the last five years and not surprisingly, most of the state’s users -- a total of 950,300 -- came from Cook County.

Catch the Last 3 Years Part here:

At the Greater Chicago Food Depository, which serves 678,000 people per year in Cook County via shelters, pantries and food kitchens, officials say they have seen a 59 percent uptick in those needing food in the last three years. “This sort of record demand for both food stamps and food through pantries is no surprise to us,” depository spokesman Bob Dolgan said. “It just shows the level of need that is out there right now.”

Source: www.progressillinois.com...
So they really need to pass this bill?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I am a single mother in Ca. paying cash to further my education because there isn't enough financial aid money to go around, even though I qualify. I wouldn't have to be going back to school if it wasn't for mass layoffs in my current field. So much for the time spent getting my first degree. Probably waste of time getting a second with an increase in competition. I feel like throwing something right now, or pulling my hair out or something.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
So much crying and not a dang thing is going to happen....so you are wasting your breath...

I am not Mexican nor illegal and nor am I from America...thank god.."whew" I am an outsider watching a few(well maybe more than a few ) idiot Americans cry about their precious tax dollars going towards the support of people they deem worthless. Yet when talking about tax dollars...they seem to think that it is only illegals and not the natural born Americans who are taking advantage of the system. You got your broke a$$ drug/boozed filled, lazy naturals who also do this ...so stop putting the entire blame of your country's downfall on the illegals.

How many of those illegals work their butts off for a few dollars just to get through the day. How many of those people do the jobs that American people seem to think are beneath them. You complain about the illegals. and lump them altogether as one big lazy useless bunch who are only here to mooch off of America and forget about the ones who just want a better life and work hard day in day out. Those are the thoughts of ignorant fools.

Where the public outrage of American tax dollars going towards the slaughtering of innocents overseas? The so called war....has claimed a lot of innocent lives.

Oh yeah did you know...Mexico lost the war...thanks for that little piece of history
and the government....umm not the people...but the government sold off pieces of it's land.

For those of you who hate what your government does without your consent...you could understand how people of that country would not recognize the government right to sell off pieces of their homeland. They would continue to see those lands as theirs.

edit on 3-9-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

It doesn't matter how many illegals are working their butts off, they are displacing the American citizens in the workforce. Anyone who still believes that these people are only doing the work that American citizen's won't do is misinformed. Millions of citizens are without jobs while illegals hold positions. This has to stop!!!

No one here said that illegals are worthless. If we cannot get help for our own citizens, we shouldn't be helping people who have no respect for our laws. If you can't afford to put your own child through college, why pay for someone elses???

When illegals get catered to and the citizen falls through the crack, there is a problem.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I am a single mother in Ca. paying cash to further my education because there isn't enough financial aid money to go around, even though I qualify. I wouldn't have to be going back to school if it wasn't for mass layoffs in my current field. So much for the time spent getting my first degree. Probably waste of time getting a second with an increase in competition. I feel like throwing something right now, or pulling my hair out or something.

I'm sorry for your experience. This is very troubling, I did not know that there was a shortage of financial aid already. Please try to stay focused on your future goals and don't give up...ever! If you have time U2U me and maybe I can help you find funding for your education. After all I have been through myself while in college and now my two daughters, I have a very wide range of available scholarship sources that may be able to assist you. The AB 131 bill will only add fuel to the fire, unfortunately.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do and hold your head high. Maybe throw something, but don't pull your hair out

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Why are you so angry, i hate illegal immigrants as much as the next person but if theyre here to learn and give back to society then why not help them? so what if theyre illegal all people regardless of citizenship should be allowed to attend school since after 4-8 years theyre going to be productive members of society. now if this was about giving illegals free houses and health care it would be diffrent but its SCHOOL

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I tend to lean to the human element in most political issues, but these types of issues I find myself being very pragmatic and hard line

you want aid ? fine. get your papers. can't get your papers ? fine. go back to where you came from and try to get aid from them

I'm really sick and tired of the USA spending billions (trillions ?) of dollars being the worlds police , the world bank, and the world refugee camp

if you want a piece of the pie, do it legally. it's a very simple and cut and dried issue in my eye.

one of the reasons I chose my current career (hazmat driver) is you need a ton of papers to do it (CDL, background check by the DHLS, medical card, drug testing) so it scrubs out the element of a person off the street doing it for $10,000 less a year just to get the job. if you don't have papers, no CDL for you

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

We obviously have a visitor here Night Star who's only objective is to instigate misdirected anger and derail the topic of this thread. They have nothing to contribute and furthermore although entitled to his/her opinion, chooses to make off-topic comments. This person stated he/she isn't American let alone someone who as a local Californian has first hand experience of the matter being discussed. I could voice my opinion about what's going on politically in another country, but could I possibly speak on how it affects me? If they would like to better understand our laws on what it means to be a legal citizen of the US maybe they should take the time to read here:

Natrualization
Path to US Citizenship

So I can only take from what this off-topic poster has said as someone who's trying to make trouble. If he/she wishes to discuss what they have made comments about, I would advise them to go and start their own thread about those issues.

We know what is going on here in California and in the US and how it is affecting us all. When these laws are broken as you stated, it causes serious problems equal to a ripple effect for US Citizens. This AB 131 bill is just a needle in the haystack of problems caused by illegal immigrants demanding to be treated as tax paying citizens.

edit on 9/4/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: add comment

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MastaShake

when I was in college I worked with a guy from chile. he sent 60% of his pay to chile. he is not alone. many families send a member to the US to "anchor" and then others follow and they send a lot of money out of the US economy

so they depress wages, take jobs, and send money out of the economy

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The only problem with such generous offers for illegal immigrants is that it comes at the expenses of cutting benefits on other areas that were for the benefits of legal citizens.

Now, this CA Dream ACT is geared to no born Americans from illegal immigrants, meaning this illegals no necessarily have to contribute anything to taxes in the nation this is nothing but another open door policy to illegals to come into the country to get free education at the expenses of tax payers and American born children that are struggling to pay for education in the nation, because of budget cuts.

If somebody thinks this is right and that illegal immigrant children deserve this over tax payer born children I really am beyond words.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I used to work with migrant workers children, here in Ga, that's exactly what the parents of the children I worked with did, they were sending their money back home while receiving benefits from their American born children, because the first thing they do is have children in the country to be able to get benefits.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I also like to lean towards human rights issues. However, I do not find this AB 131 bill and/or access to a higher education a human rights issue...not even for a US citizen. Some of us view college as a right, but in my opinion it is a privilege. I just don't get why I have to show the Dept. of Education my tax info just to attend or have my children attend college, while an illegal immigrant will be allowed to circumvent this process altogether. I really hope this doesn't pass.

Thank you for your opinion. I have read some of your posts on other threads and you're very level headed IMO and someone who's opinion I value

edit on 9/4/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake

Why are you so angry, i hate illegal immigrants as much as the next person but if theyre here to learn and give back to society then why not help them? so what if theyre illegal all people regardless of citizenship should be allowed to attend school since after 4-8 years theyre going to be productive members of society. now if this was about giving illegals free houses and health care it would be diffrent but its SCHOOL

I understand your point. However, they can not be 100% productive members of our society. They are illegal and therefore not tax paying citizens. Since those of us who do pay our taxes for others to benefit from when times are hard, it is of the utmost importance that these illegal immigrants become legal if what they want is equal rights. It's not enough to just say "I demand to go to college, give me my money now" and expect us to be sympathetic to their demands. That is outrageous!

I'm upset because all of us maybe forced to pay for another persons law breaking demands. If you have no problem donating to their education, then invest your money into a private organization that offers money to educate illegal immigrants as Bill AB 130 offers.

Do not expect the rest of us to follow suit.
edit on 9/4/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join