It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ned Kelly's remains found

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by fooks

No he got shot in the legs, where his armour ended.

He lived and faced trial to be hanged.

bummer, i was sure! but i had the other stuff right! huh?

give me a sec and i can tell you what he did.

friggin brain won't bring it all up.

he had his brother(s) in the gang, was cornered in somewhere, lol, and shot by chuck norris?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Yes well, no armour can withstand the might of a Chuck Norris chin punch...

Obligatory wiki link:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
this is really off the top of my head,

chuck was a joke, but he did want to kill the cops at the time, right?

he was loaded for bear, as we say in the USA.

they still have issues with his armor?

least he hid out in the wild.

eta; wtf is a chin punch? lol!!!

i am serious, as an american to prove we know stuff.

edit on 1-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Didn't some even suggest it was Ned's brother that was caught and hanged?
DNA would still be the same..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

ya and why the question of where he is, he was shot or what?

well, we can't talk coz of billy the kid and all the rest of the guys you guys wanted to be like..

anyway, cool find, maybe he didn't survive like william bonny.

or butch

or custer, just kidding.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Ned Kelly was never portrayed like the "larger than life" cowboys of the wild west...

Yes, Ned was shot but not fatally..
As Chad said, he was captured and went to trial..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

hey, you want to play your own folk hero's down, ok with me.

i was just relating what i remember from history class way back when.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Your funny, Fooks. I'm impressed that you know anything of him, but I suppose you'd know the Rolling Stones.

Sadly the same people who want to put his body on display would be the same people who raped his family and killed him. When our government finds something of Ned's - dollar signs flash in their eyes, lacing it as culture because we have so little of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

ya and why the question of where he is, he was shot or what?

en.wikipedia.org...

Following his execution Kelly's body was dissected, with his head and organs removed for study. In line with the practice of the day, as no records are kept regarding the disposal of a condemned person's body or body parts, Kelly's remains were buried in Melbourne Gaol's mass graveyard.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gargarean
Your funny, Fooks. I'm impressed that you know anything of him, but I suppose you'd know the Rolling Stones.

Sadly the same people who want to put his body on display would be the same people who raped his family and killed him. When our government finds something of Ned's - dollar signs flash in their eyes, lacing it as culture because we have so little of it.

i do know about him, he was a notorious folk hero and i didn't wiki him at all.

it is up to you what to do with his remains.

we all have our anti hero's, bad boys.

ned doesn't matter 1 whit to me.

hope you all sort it out.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gargarean

don't insult me me with the the rolling stones.

lol! come now, gentleman your love is all i crave....

anyway the stones are UK, moved to france for the taxes.

i was just jumping in coz i know a little about this.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
i saw this on the news, and the only thing that made my stomach turn was they want to put him on display against the wishes of his family. Yuk. Pity we couldn't stuff him like we did Pharlap.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Pharlap's remains were treated with far more dignity than Ned's..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

No insult intended
just a little in joke about Mick Jagger playing Ned in 1970. It's pretty sad that Australians cling to our bad boys and Americans have their Olympian like characters: Washington, Franklin, Jefferson and Jesse James...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I have no idea who this person is or why I should.

Can you provide some background as to what you are talking about ?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

The first sentence of the article explains it nicely....

notorious Australian bushranger Ned Kelly.

Did you read it?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Yeah, says a whole lot about Australians using Ned Kelly as their iconic figure especially in school classroom history as if he was some kind of Peter Pan when he was simply just a down right greedy criminal. Ned Kelly and his gang never shared the spoils of their crime and murdered innocent people in cold blood for it.

Can't imagine the Americans using death row criminals as iconic figures in their education system!

Bones should be returned to the Kelly family for it's long overdue burial; what the Victorian Govt wants to do with Ned Kelly's bones is a fuggin disgrace...it' all about $$$ and how much profit they can make by displaying his bones.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Kryties

Yeah, says a whole lot about Australians using Ned Kelly as their iconic figure especially in school classroom history as if he was some kind of Peter Pan when he was simply just a down right greedy criminal. Ned Kelly and his gang never shared the spoils of their crime and murdered innocent people in cold blood for it.

Can't imagine the Americans using death row criminals as iconic figures in their education system!

Bones should be returned to the Kelly family for it's long overdue burial; what the Victorian Govt wants to do with Ned Kelly's bones is a fuggin disgrace...it' all about $$$ and how much profit they can make by displaying his bones.

Yep, your correct on most points. We use Kelly as a Robin Hood figure, making out that he was attacking corrupt police. Yeah, the police were (and still are) corrupt, but his crimes were motivated by greed. Something I don't agree with is: "Can't imagine the Americans using death row criminals as iconic figures in their education system!"

Americans worship criminals, their nation was founded by them. Then there are heroic figures like Jesse James, Wild Bill Hickok, Billy the kid. The list is seemingly endless.

edit on 1/9/11 by Gargarean because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join