It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Metal fans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I was just curious to see how many ATS members share my love for Black Metal. If you had to chose one band from this underappreciated genre what would it be? And what is your favorite Black Metal documentary?

Mine would be....actually I have three, sorry, feel free to post as many as you would like seeing how I have already ruined it. Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Mayhem (when they had Dead on vocals) and Enthroned....and Naetu, sorry, 4.

My favorite documentary would have to be a close tie between Black Metal Satanica and Until the Light Takes Us.

Fire away.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by toxicblud

As far as doco's go Metal: a headbangers journey is totally awesome and brutal!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I agree, it would rank like number 3 for me.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'd probably have to go with Dissection.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

No black metal for me thank you ,morbid angle,can corpse,slayer all in my youth i like music that doesn't give me a headache now
but every once in a while i will listen to some songs

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I'm rather fond of Absurd and Carpathian Forest

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
didn't the singer of Mayhem stab his guitarist to death or something?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

Yes, the last singer Varg Vikernes, before they got Attila stabbed Euronomous to death. He has a band by the name of Burzum thats pretty good.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I love Carpathian Forest.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by toxicblud
reply to post by iNkGeEk

Yes, the last singer Varg Vikernes, before they got Attila stabbed Euronomous to death. He has a band by the name of Burzum thats pretty good.

I think you might be a bit mixed up here. Varg did kill Euronymous but he didn't sing for mayhem he only played bass on De Mysteriis... One of Mayhem's singers "Dead" killed himself which is what you might be thinking of.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

Thank you for clearing that up friend. I must admit I'm a bit embarrased for the mix up. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

No worries I just read Lords of Chaos so the events are fresh in my mind.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

Lords of Chaos is one of the best books on the subject of Black Metal I've ever read. Lucifer Rising is good also.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I am more into 1st wave black metal, like Venom, Bathory, Hellhammer/Frost, Sodom, Bulldozer, etc. Since that's what I grew up on. I have a band, and we play an earlier style like that. I am very inspired by Venom. Below is a new vid I made of my band, ASTRUM.
2nd wave BM bands I like are old Emperor, Darktrhone, Satyricon, Carpathian Forest, Immortal, Tangorodrim/Hell Darkness. etc.

Here is my band:

top topics

join