It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beavis and Butthead making a comeback 2011!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Spike and Mike's Animation festival? I think that's what it was called.
"Frog Baseball"

I think it's the first true "episode"
Anyone else ever go to those Animation festivals? yikes!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Actually Frog Baseball was Mikes first short film, before MTV discovered him and then he actually created B&B afterwards. Good piece of 90's television history

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

True...but that's why I put episode in Quotes.

Did you ever go to those Animation festivals...Usually rated X, just for grossness, and weird kinky things that made you think "someone actually took the time to draw thousands of frames of THAT".
My wife and I would crack up at some things that made other people walk out of the theater...
We're weird...that's all.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I don't think teens and pre-teens these days that watch MTV will know who AC-DC or Metallica are. It doesn't look like Beavis and Butt-head are being updated much, teenage life and music is an entirely different animal these days, with cell phones and the internet everywhere you look. I feel like B&B is going to appeal more to those of us that grew up with the show instead of the current MTV audience.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yes
Yes
Yes

Akushla

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Unfortunately I never had a chance to go to those type of venues. It would be a blast though to see all the weirdness that surrounds those type of events, I would get a kick from just observing the people.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Who says its television for them? I was thinking more of it being television for us who grew up during that era. And maybe if they were to witness B&B by accident they would realize that music back then was cool, and music now days sucks. That was MTV's golden era the 90's.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
It will be terrible I guarantee that. Don't get me wrong staying up to watch B&B was great when I was a kid. Come on though, have you tried watching it recently? I got the box-set from my old room-mate for free and I still regret owning it.

Besides that let's read between the lines here. A show where poor animation and extremely simple humour is actually part of the charm? What that says to me is that MTV is out of money to hire writers and animators with. I mean it's not like they were putting out great stuff to begin with. When networks start reheating their own turds that usually means they are out of money for the production cycle.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

There are many possibilities, but the fact of the matter is it's coming back in the same animation from the 90's, they didn't get all advanced, and sell out. Basically this is nostalgia for us who use to watch MTV during the 90's. And if they are making fun of Lady Gaga or Jersey Shore then I am all for it. I hadn't a good laugh in a long time anyways.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
always enjoyed this fine piece of animation awesomeness

wiki with episode list

i hope they start showing the other 90s cartoons aeon flux, the head, daria, theres many more have to say the head was my fav

heres a little taste

edit on 9/2/2011 by toothpastert because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by FEDec

There are many possibilities, but the fact of the matter is it's coming back in the same animation from the 90's, they didn't get all advanced, and sell out. Basically this is nostalgia for us who use to watch MTV during the 90's. And if they are making fun of Lady Gaga or Jersey Shore then I am all for it. I hadn't a good laugh in a long time anyways.

I don't get this. Honestly when I hate a show or band or whatever I just blank their existence. You realize half the publicity people like gaga and those jersey people get are from people hating on them all the time? Add that to the fact that the show making fun of them will be on the same network and it becomes pretty obvious.

MTV is going to use this to try and bring back their older alienated fan-base while simultaneously using it as a platform to promote their other garbage. Let me spell this out the same people that commissioned jersey shore are bringing this back. They are laughing at the people who are going "yeah I hate those guys".

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I can't wait to see Stewart in his Winger shirt.

Peace

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

Well they ain't fooling anyone if you think that's what they are trying to do. I am not ignorant if that's what your thinking, I can see through the media facade. However; like I said this will be nothing more then a daily dose of funny entertainment, it isn't going to get me to watch Jersey Shore or fall in love with Lady Gaga. It's classic 90's entertainment take it with a grain of salt, and laugh while it lasts.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

reply to post by FEDec

Well they ain't fooling anyone if you think that's what they are trying to do. I am not ignorant if that's what your thinking, I can see through the media facade. However; like I said this will be nothing more then a daily dose of funny entertainment, it isn't going to get me to watch Jersey Shore or fall in love with Lady Gaga. It's classic 90's entertainment take it with a grain of salt, and laugh while it lasts.

Even though it's negative hating on a band or show is still publicity for them. How many people have been able to sell their schlock because they are "edgy" and "offensive"? Lots. While tons of people are going to be all like "yeah take that lil wayne you just got served by Beavis" the shadowy MTV overlords are just going to sit there laughing and use the ad revenue to make some terrible show about super rich coke addicted trannies or something.

What I was trying to convey is that you shouldn't hate brainless famous people you should hate the people who made them famous. MTV isn't doing this cause they want to serve up a slice of your childhood. MTV is doing this because they are cynical money grubbing douchebags who know reviving B+B is an easy and cheap way to get ratings and ad money. Guess what they are going to do with that money? Make more terrible people famous.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

you shouldn't hate brainless famous people

Well even brainless famous people should have some kind of common sense. I understand what you are saying , but they are still humans acting ignorant on national television i.e. the Jersey Shore cast. It is inexcusable in my view, if you got nothing positive to say or do then don't say it or act it. Your setting yourself up for failure. B&B redefines the ignorance that surrounds us in everyday life. Like I said it's my type of entertainment, I'm way beyond the television set.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

reply to post by FEDec

Well even brainless famous people should have some kind of common sense. I understand what you are saying , but they are still humans acting ignorant on national television i.e. the Jersey Shore cast. It is inexcusable in my view, if you got nothing positive to say or do then don't say it or act it. Your setting yourself up for failure. B&B redefines the ignorance that surrounds us in everyday life. Like I said it's my type of entertainment, I'm way beyond the television set.

I'm talking up a wall here. You don't get what I am saying because you seem to think I am defending people on MTV. It doesn't matter WHO is on a TV program what matters is WHO makes it happen.

You also don't seem to get that MTV producers and execs put these people on TV knowing that people like you will hate them. They know you will hate them, they know you will talk about them, they know this will polarize people making casual fans into die-hards. Backlash and hype do more for advertizing than every commercial and promo put together.

You are essentially doing MTVs work for them by talking about some stupid inconsequential people. Now they are going a step further and pandering to people who hate their product. Don't you feel like they are insulting your intelligence? They are playing both sides, how can you not see how deviously cynical this move is?

Lastly "setting themselves up for failure"? Are you kidding? Are you at all aware of how many people have made millions by acting like an idiot on tv? That isn't failure that is a brilliant marketing strategy. Some people love you, others hate you they both talk about you acting like free advertizing. Then your evil execs can launch a show bashing your show and make money off of your fans and haters alike.

Honestly anyone who will watch a show just to see other shows from the same network get dumped on has no concept of modern marketing tactics.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

That isn't failure that is a brilliant marketing strategy. Some people love you, others hate you they both talk about you acting like free advertizing. Then your evil execs can launch a show bashing your show and make money off of your fans and haters alike.

Ok, I get your theory on the evil executives that market stupidity, but how are they making money off me if I am not purchasing merchandise? All I am doing is simply tuning into the television set and watching some cartoon entertainment that I use to watch in the 90's. If you read above I explained my position many times. I don't buy into the media facade. I don't care it doesn't bother me. Maybe you are speaking more generally, but it doesn't fool me. I don't care what other shows come out afterwards. It's just about B&B that's all nothing more. This isn't a conspiracy thread as you can see its a general thread about B&B. So whatever conspiracies you have about the media fine, but this thread wasn't intended to have conspiracies just information about B&B.
edit on 3-9-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

It isn't a conspiracy and you clearly don't understand TV networks and how they make money. Think CNN is doing a roaring trade in t-shirts? No obviously not, then how do they make money? Ad revenue. Companies give TV stations lots of money to air commercials about their products. The higher rated a show is the more money the station can demand for the commercials shown while it airs. So simply by watching TV you make the network you are watching money.

In fact even by making this thread you are unintendedly using viral marketing to promote the show. Ad firms know this so they have spent lots of money trying to foster brand loyalty and brand wars. Remember the cola wars? Who do you think benefited more from that? The answer is neither they both profited quite a bit. The same thing is happening here B+B mentions lady gaga free promotion for her. Lady gaga reacts to what B+B said and it's free promotion for them. Fans on both sides talk about the incident and they both get free promotion. And MTV laughs at everyone while they light cigars rolled by underpaid Cuban babies with 500 dollar bills.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Dude its simple if you don't like B&B then don't watch it. I don't care about all that other jazz, I simply made a post pertaining to the resurrection of B&B I didn't market anything. If people didn't want to reply to my thread then fine they could of ignored it, but now I know that I am not the only one on ATS who likes B&B. Instead of me being up in the conspiracy forums most of my time I thought I would shed some light down here.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Oh my goodness. Im not even hating on anything here. I just think it is a little naive to watch a show just to make fun of other shows on the you hate same network. But if you like being treated like an idiot by all means.
edit on 3-9-2011 by FEDec because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join