It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama schedules jobs speech on the same night as GOP debate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They said in the article they are going to intergrate the speech into the debate and have the candidates respond in real time to the address. That should be a GOOD thing...no canned answers...we will get to see their honest beliefs...which should be entertaining.

lol brilliant!

edit on 31-8-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

"Why should the Republicans grant the president a joint session of Congress to make a political campaign speech, on any date? Why should the Republicans handcuff themselves that way?"

Because we all know that this is nothing but a glorified campaign speech. If it was so important of a speech, shouldn't he have made it BEFORE he went on (another) vacation?

Right...I guess we should just cancel the next State of the Union as well...because it's just going to be a "glorified campaign speech".

Let Obama do his job...and stop crying about it. That's my solution.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Jobs Crisis > GOP Debate

We have been in a jobs crisis since this fool took over. He had total control of Congress and didn't do squat to help.
Are the Shovel ready jobs finally ready that Obama laughed off? Were did all the stimulus money go?Is he just going to spew that people need to pay more money? how's the summer of recovery working out?
edit on 8/31/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

"Why should the Republicans grant the president a joint session of Congress to make a political campaign speech, on any date? Why should the Republicans handcuff themselves that way?"

Because we all know that this is nothing but a glorified campaign speech. If it was so important of a speech, shouldn't he have made it BEFORE he went on (another) vacation?

Right...I guess we should just cancel the next State of the Union as well...because it's just going to be a "glorified campaign speech".

State of the Union is mandated by the Constitution.

Let Obama do his job? If he was doing his job there would be no need for the speech in the first place.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

UPDATE: 5:04 p.m. -- Boehner's response to Obama's request may be unprecedented. The Senate Historical Office said it knows of no instance when Congress has refused a president permission to address a Joint Session of Congress.

To be fair and correct Speaker Boehner did not REFUSE the President permission to address a Joint Session of Congress - that is "spin". He said that the day requested will not work for logistical and security related reasons. You can call that political gamesmanship but it is no more or less than the President asking for a time that directly conflicts with a major opposition party event. Both sides play the game.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Id rather hear the debate than the ongoing lies of Obama. All he does is lie and tell the people what he thinks they want to hear. He will promise that his plan will get the job market booming again...yada..yada.yada...and the sheeple will believe him, then they will go back to sleep until next year when the job market is even worse.

Hope and Change? Summer of Recovery? Yea it all sounds good, but it is nothing but words, words that are nothing but lies....Its really disgusting...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I've been waiting for three years for him to start doing his job, In my opinion hes out of time and I could care less what he says anymore unless its has to do with his resignation. I will be watching the debate which I'm sure will be infinitely better than whatever crap rhetoric Barry is going to drivel. I would suggest everyone else do the same.

Trowa
edit on 31/8/11 by TrowaBarton because: Sentence structure

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Obama accepts GOP request to push back speech to Congress

President Barack Obama on Wednesday agreed to move his scheduled special address to a joint session of Congress back one day -- from September 7 to September 8 -- after consultations with House Speaker John Boehner, the White House said Wednesday night.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
Id rather hear the debate than the ongoing lies of Obama. All he does is lie and tell the people what he thinks they want to hear.

So you want to forgo hearing one set of lies....to simply tune in to hear a bunch of other ones?

I'd rather watch paint dry instead of watching Obama stutter and lie or watching a bunch of lunatics debate about their love for jesus christ, lie about what they'd do a president, their hatred of non whites, and their allegiance to the corporate elite that fund their campaigns.
edit on 1-9-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Boehner shuts the man-child down.

Republicans actually growing a spine?

All I can say is "It's about time!"

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Republicans win....not only do they force Obama to change the date of the speech, the NFL forces him out of prime time......LMAO 7:00 eastern 4:00 on the Left Coast.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

I'd rather watch paint dry instead of watching Obama stutter and lie or watching a bunch of lunatics debate about their love for jesus christ, lie about what they'd do a president, their hatred of non whites, and their allegiance to the corporate elite that fund their campaigns.

Yeah, what you said.
Because at least paint CHANGES when it's drying. (Actually pretty fascinating!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join