It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intravenous virus eyed as possible cancer treatment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Intravenous virus eyed as possible cancer treatment

www.cbc.ca

T Scientists from the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute have succeeded in delivering a virus intravenously that only attacks cancer tumours and doesn't harm healthy tissues, according to a new study in the scientific journal Nature.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This looks like an interesting approach to battling cancer. Genetically engineered viruses and bacterias appear to be the next generation of health care tech.

I wonder how much it will cost though.

The only thing im worried about is aren't our bodys genetic mutations are what allows us to adapt and evolve? Couldn't a virus such as this end those processes by eliminating these mutations??

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Thanks for sharing, sounds like it has some great possibilities. The only thing that worries me is that if this is from a relatively old vaccine as mentioned in the article, it probably is no longer under patent so the pharmaceutical companies will have no incentive to fund any research into this cure. I believe something similar happened last year with a different medication. It was a fairly old medication used for some other illness, but since it was no longer under patent no one funded the required research to allow it to be tested on humans with cancer. Hopefully I am wrong though, this sounds like it has some promise.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I listened to a documentary on cbc radio last year where they were discussing the probability of genetically engineered bacteria replacing antibiotics.

You take a bacteria already present in the human body that your body trusts and wont fight off but program it genetically to attack things such as flu viruses.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This combined with the new DRACO vaccine will ensure that humanity can continue to smoke, drink, and and have unprotected sex with little or no consequences.

On a side note, this is pretty amazing as long as it does not start off the ZOMBIE INVASION.

top topics

join