It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book of Ra and Television...did the hoaxers give themselves away?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So I've been reading the Ra Material.

www.lawofone.info...

Its all very interesting and seemingly an out of body entity talking through a person. In other words, it seems like most of this stuff is something that someone couldnt make up. Its very complex and to hoax it youd have to be a genius, pretty insane or both.

So, one instance that broke my willful suspension of disbelief was when the questioner asks about television.

"Questioner: What is the general overall effect of television on our society with respect to this catalyst?

Ra: I am Ra. Without ignoring the green ray attempts of many to communicate via this medium such information of truth and beauty as may be helpful, we must suggest that the sum effect of this gadget is that of distraction and sleep."

In the Ra material the word catalyst is something that spurs us to improve our overall readiness for harvest or rapture if you will. Catalysts are like branches of a tree that we can climb to further our personal evolution. We can grasp the branch and move up the ladder, so to speak, or we can choose to stay and not grasp the branch and not move on. The most important catalysts are feelings, events in life and other people.

So, because catalysts are events in life and other people it seems inconsistent with Ra's teachings that television would be for distraction and sleep. Wouldn't it be simply another catalyst since its made up of other people (catalyst)encountering events (another catalyst) and creating feelings in the viewer (another catalyst). It seems to me that, if this material were valid and true, that television would be simply another mirror to which we can perceive our own evolution through the different levels of being. Instead, we get the typical "television is bad" message. Kind of shallow thinking for a supernatural entity right? I smell hoax at this point (but that doesnt take away from the message of the material.)

Its just inconsistent. On one hand we have Ra saying things like "There are no mistakes" and "All is derived from the One Infinite Creator" but apparently television is a mistake and something that cannot further our evolution? Ra also states that war is a catalyst, hate is a catalyst, anger is a catalyst but TV is something to be avoided? Doesn't make any sense to me.

If this material is fake or if its been proven to be a hoax for fun or money please let me know. It doesn't take away from the material itself, you should read it because its quite interesting and novel, but if its hoaxed this television thing is a dead giveaway.

PS - Ra also messes up simple numbers and colors. The questioner even corrects Ra occasionally because what he says is inconsistent sometimes. Ra blames it on "numbers being a somewhat foreign concept to ones as evolved as him"

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
When you watch television you do not meet people

...you are watching at pictures of them.

And the intend of television is with no doubt distraction and sleep...

Btw ... war, hate, love, fear, television ...which word doesn´t fit into the line? oO

edit on 31-8-2011 by AnnoyingOrangeX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Because the feelings you get from television are engineered that way. It is controlled and warped and does not represent reality in truth. So except for the few green rays, most of it is crap. Judging by the commercials and programming these days I would say Ra is right.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Funny you post this. Funny only because I've read (a little more then half anyway) of the Ra Material and had the exact same thought when I reached that line of questioning. There where other instances, too, that made me pause.

I too, Find it odd that according to this "highly evolved being named Ra" Everything is connected and ultimately good. Be it Service to self or Service to others. They are just two different paths to the will of the creator. But T.V. Is only used for distraction and sleep. I'm not much of a T.V. watcher myself, and while I can fully agree there are tons of shows and programs on it that adversely effect the whole of my being, and cause me to want to stab pointed objects into my own chest -- I don't think that's an accurate portrait of television as a whole..

I'm not sure if this whole Ra material is a hoax or not. I lean more into it being one, simply because of instances like this one in the book, But ultimately I've no idea. I don't meant to offend, But it reminds me of the bible. I read and nod. Because it makes some sort of sense, and then suddenly I'm left wondering "what the f***". and the process continues.. numerous times over and more often than not.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnoyingOrangeX

But aren't we vicariously experiencing what happens on TV. There are mirror neurons in our brains that, supposedly, cause us to feel what we observe others feeling. They're empathy neurons. If we didn't have them we probably wouldnt even watch TV. The same parts of the brain light up when we watch someone play guitar as when we play guitar ourselves. This is how we learn. So whats the difference in catalyst between TV and real life if our brains experience them the same way.

Besides, in the world of Ra, there is no good and bad, both work towards the One Infinite Creator. So love is just as useful as hate in motiviating us to evolve ourselves. Catalysts are motivation...not the end all be all path to evolution.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
A friend of mine gave me a book about Ra a few years back, I think it was the first one ever written. I don't remember what it was called (I threw it away). It was one of the hardest books to read and understand, it honestly sounded like a very uneducated, person tyring to talk like an ancient being but doing a terrible job at it. It gave me terrible headachs just trying to read it. I think it is total bunk. If this RA is such an all knowing, powerful being, that we should listen to, he's going to have to do better than channeling threw an old crazy woman.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inquisitive1
Funny you post this. Funny only because I've read (a little more then half anyway) of the Ra Material and had the exact same thought when I reached that line of questioning. There where other instances, too, that made me pause.

I too, Find it odd that according to this "highly evolved being named Ra" Everything is connected and ultimately good. Be it Service to self or Service to others. They are just two different paths to the will of the creator. But T.V. Is only used for distraction and sleep. I'm not much of a T.V. watcher myself, and while I can fully agree there are tons of shows and programs on it that adversely effect the whole of my being, and cause me to want to stab pointed objects into my own chest -- I don't think that's an accurate portrait of television as a whole..

I'm not sure if this whole Ra material is a hoax or not. I lean more into it being one, simply because of instances like this one in the book, But ultimately I've no idea. I don't meant to offend, But it reminds me of the bible. I read and nod. Because it makes some sort of sense, and then suddenly I'm left wondering "what the f***". and the process continues.. numerous times over and more often than not.

Very cool. The thread by Hidden Hand made me want to search it out. Its a pretty famous thread on here. Lots of the Hidden Hand material mirrors the Book of Ra.

Bugs buzzine around my ear make me want to stand things too but that doesnt mean its a distraction. In fact, since TV evokes so much emotion in us doesnt that make TV more like a catalyst than a distraction?

Even if it is a hoax its all very thought provoking.

Near the middle Ra starts to talk in more colliquilisms and expressions. I found this change of tons pretty odd as well. Has it been proven to be a hoax?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I guess my question for you guys would be "Does this offend you?". Kind of sounds like it's not a opinion you have so he must be wrong.

And please don't take that harshly. I'm just curious. I've only read about a third of that material so far. I like what it has to say but cannot speak to it's accuracy.

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

No offense but your quote about open mindedness is in sharp contrast to what you posted. Just because somethings hard to read doesn't mean its garbage. Shakespeare doesnt talk like we do, I dont understand a word, but there is truth in there.

I try to read everything without judging. Absorb it, then judge and think about it later. I read like a method actor. You have to fully immerse yourself in the authors world to fully understand what they're writing. Otherwise you little voice inside is like that annoying person at the movies who's saying "That could NEVER happen." "No one would do ever that."

Even if its a hoax its still pretty thought provoking.

Maybe ask your friend to explain it in his or her own words. It may be easier to understand.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Hi, Doc.

I have also been interested in the RA material and its antecedents. I have always been a tough sell when it comes to channeled stuff but as a person makes their way, through trying to understand all that is hidden, it seems inevitable that one will encounter material that has been 'channeled'. Also, I am not the first to say it and won't be the last, but aren't most of the world's beloved religious texts channeled? Anyhow...

You might find it interesting and illuminating to compare the RA material to Barbara Marciniak's Bringer's of the Dawn...

Then check out Laura Knight-Jadczyk; she came in with her stuff hot on the heals of the two above...

cassiopaea.org...

But the fun doesn't stop there...

The thing to realize is that these people have been cannibalizing one another's material for more than 25 years now. If you are wondering how bad it can get then watch this...

This guy is the product of all the other channelers that came before him (listed above) and on top of it, he if shilling the 'Galactic Federation of Light' bullcrap...

And here is his (George's) biggest fan.

I would never expect anyone to watch it all, I am just hoping that you will see the similarities and maybe come to some of the same conclusions that I have; that these are people who get off on role playing all of this stuff to the hilt, thus providing the basis for a little cottage industry based on sharing the fear and thrills and probably the revenue.

Oddly enough, in the whole pile of material that has been generated by this giant 'channeling' effort some pretty neat ideas have been put forth but I am afraid they may only be good for creating good science fiction plots; or more television.

In your OP I think it is interesting that RA mentions that the television seems to be in direct competition with 'The Green Ray'. Sometimes when this stuff is taken as mere analogy it produces some interesting ways to think of the world around us.

Thanks, Doc, have a good, smoke-free, day.

By the way, I don't mean to be flip, but why not try channeling yourself? Just get a quija board or a pendulum; in fact start with the pendulum.

The problem with all this channeled stuff is that it is way to slippery to pin a hoax on it. You will just have to decide for yourself.

edit on 31-8-2011 by Frater210 because: Ed.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Hahaha thanks for the smoke free comment. I guess thats my most famous thread on here.

Anyways about the virtues of channeling itself: I think of it like this. Almost all artists, whether you're a painter, musician, scupltor or writer, say that their ideas kind of spring from nowhere. Many musicians consider themselves conduits of the music as opposed to the one and only creator of it. So, if we're willing to believe in "artistic inspiration" in art why wouldnt we believe in this same inspiration when its just spoken out loud, without an art form?

But yeah there are tons of hoaxer jokers out there giving everything a bad name. I get the feeling though that most of us can discern between honest people and complete liars.

One more thing: say channeling IS real...how do we know these channeled entities are who they say they are? Couldnt Ra be from the nefarious Orion group? Couldnt you be channeling a demon posing an an angel?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

So, one instance that broke my willful suspension of disbelief was when the questioner asks about television.

"Questioner: What is the general overall effect of television on our society with respect to this catalyst?

Ra: I am Ra. Without ignoring the green ray attempts of many to communicate via this medium such information of truth and beauty as may be helpful, we must suggest that the sum effect of this gadget is that of distraction and sleep."

I think you failed to notice the significance of that line!
Green ray attempts on TV is what causes the good catalyst.

But, there is so much nonsense on TV, that it's main purpose is distraction and sleep, because you are simply wasting your time watching it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
TV is weaksauce

Brainwaves and TV
www.tvsmarter.com...

How Does TV Effect Brainwaves? "Formal Features" are the camera cuts, pans, zooms etc. used very frequently in TV and movies. Because these "formal features" are so novel, and different from normal everyday reality, they trigger the brain's "orienting response". The "orienting response" is an important brain reflex that alerts us when there is a change in the environment. This "orienting response" is an essential survival mechanism because it forces us to pay attention to any (potentially dangerous) changes in the environment. Because of the involuntary nature of the "orienting response", another name for it is "involuntary attention".

Also the inventor of the Cathode Ray Tube (aka TV screen) did extensive research into the paranormal.
The first image on the CRT was a maltese cross (occult much?)

So in the end who really knows
edit on 31-8-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Anyways about the virtues of channeling itself: I think of it like this. Almost all artists, whether you're a painter, musician, scupltor or writer, say that their ideas kind of spring from nowhere. Many musicians consider themselves conduits of the music as opposed to the one and only creator of it.

Good point. I also try to keep ideas like that in mind while trying to get my head around this stuff. I would also take it a step further. Once an artist of any type learns and masters the basics then they are ready to 'jam' and get really creative. Probably same deal with these channelers; someday we may look back on what they do as a sort of 'auguring' cultural art form.

I have been in to this stuff so long that I can easily 'Jam' and produce off the cuff, creative conspiracy theories.

For instance, you probably did not know that the underground facility at Dulce, New Mexico is named such because of the tremendous amounts of sugar that must be brought in every year and rendered in to a solution which is the favorite food of the giant 12 foot mitochondria that are being bred there in underground vats. The Old Ones mentioned in the writings of H.P. Lovecraft called them 'Shoggoth'. They will be used to psychically control the legions of super-soldiers created from the genome of the offspring of Barbara Bush and Aleister Crowley.

See? it's easy.

I get the feeling though that most of us can discern between honest people and complete liars.

It is sure fun to try.

One more thing: say channeling IS real...how do we know these channeled entities are who they say they are? Couldnt Ra be from the nefarious Orion group? Couldnt you be channeling a demon posing an an angel?

Well, if it is real then I am prepared.

I really think its (channeling) value lies in how it entertains and stretches the mind in pleasantly weird ways.
One thing is for sure; it sounds like you are having fun reading it.

Just sayin'; It would be fun to be able to gang up and take these asses down a notch.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Frater210 because: Hmmmm

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Aleister Crowley and the OTO

Jack Parsons (Jet Propulsion Laboratory founder) aka NASA
L Ron Hubbard (Scientology founder)

All performed luciferian rituals and claimed to channel beings.

Later came the '___' guy Timothy Leary who felt he was completing Crowley's mission in the 1960s

Jimmy Hendrix claimed to channel spirits
Jim Morrison claimed possession by native american spirits

By their own admission and look where they are today. How could you deny the veracity of their claims when the proof is here for your eyes today?

The inventor of the Cathode Ray Tube attended seances in which he claimed to make a wax imprint of an ectoplamic ghost hand.

Look it up.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

Hey, MG.

I already have. Thanks for relating the info here on this thread; you seem to have a handle on it.

It would behoove anyone interested in these types of things to check out 'Spiritism' at the turn of the last century.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

MG, you would probably enjoy reading this; since you bring up Morrison...

www.davesweb.cnchost.com...

The stuff you want to read is, 'Inside the L.C.'.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I am open-minded, but open-mindedness doesn't mean I HAVE to belive in everything I read or see, that would then mean I am gulliable. I accept everything with an open-mind, but once I have deccided for myself what to believe, that's it. Like I said, I have read and heard about this RA stuff for years, and I choose to not believe it. I was open-minded about it at first....see where I am going with this....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Watching TV puts the viewer into a highly suggestible sleep-like hypnotic state. This provides easy access to the subconscious and is one reason why it is easy to fall asleep whilst watching television.

The hypnotic effect is largely caused by screen flicker which lowers your brainwaves into an alpha state, a state of mind that you would normally associate with meditation or deep relaxation. In most people, this occurs within 30 seconds or 3 minutes for very light and infrequent viewers.

In a hypnotic state, the information which you are exposed to will be downloaded directly to your subconscious mind where it will alter existing beliefs and form new beliefs without you even being aware of it. This has obvious implications for marketers who wish to sell the viewer their product, as is shown in the television commercial below which is advertising to advertisers the benefits of TV advertising

You'' find some interesting studies out there that have been done in the last decade or so that pretty much support Ra's view, of course this is in no way proof that the 80's channeling made a correct prediction its just that our science is now starting to agree with this view.

Also there is a study suggesting watching T.V can be like opium for an addict, so good luck convincing people its bad for them, you might just get your head bitten off.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
reply to post by AnnoyingOrangeX

But aren't we vicariously experiencing what happens on TV. There are mirror neurons in our brains that, supposedly, cause us to feel what we observe others feeling. They're empathy neurons. If we didn't have them we probably wouldnt even watch TV. The same parts of the brain light up when we watch someone play guitar as when we play guitar ourselves. This is how we learn. So whats the difference in catalyst between TV and real life if our brains experience them the same way.

While this may be true an explanation on why television is bad to "educade" our children I once heard fits really good for explaining this imo.

When children see situations in the TV they do not get the whole impression as when they would experience it themself. In the TV you can watch and hear something but you are unable to feel or smell them so the TV is lacking 50% of the information "availiable" in a situation so to speak.

The TV will never let you feel situation as intense as in the real life so it could never be the same catalyst imo.

btw ...as most of the thread contributors seem to have read the RA material - do you know the cassiopeans? They pretty much pick up on the Ra material and confirm most of what is said there (how far a channeler can "confirm" another channeler is up to you but it is also quite interessting xD)

sry didn´t see that Frater210 did already bring up the cassios

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ra states that distraction and sleep is the sum effect..

Now, considering all the things that are on television.. How much would you consider spiritual catalyst?

This to me is a good indication that Ra is accurate in this staement about television..

edit on 31-8-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: double word

edit on 31-8-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: ..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join