It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God hates women

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Indeed deny ignorance.

Learn something about biblical metaphysics.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Indeed deny ignorance.

Learn something about biblical metaphysics.

I just did a quick search, and only found forums, like this, discussing the subject, or books for sale at Amazon. Why don't you enlighten us on your take on Biblical Metaphysics and start a thread, sharing your thoughts?

I have studies metaphysics a lot, and besides Jewish mysticism, I don't know what you mean. Or do you mean biblical metaphores?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Bingo, first time in awhile I've been able to say that to you. Religion being of man. STAAAAAR!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I commented on it on page 2
Here

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Klassified
And you wonder why people like me become atheists after decades in the church? Well, this thread is a fine example.

How ignorant to judge another human being based solely on their gender or race.

Well - I don't actually support becoming Atheist because of "something the church did to you".

But - Yes! Ignorance is a very valid reason. In searching for god and reading actual real histories of the time of Jesus is enlightenment to the false myth of Christianity.

Anyone blindly believing the mythical story of Jesus - - is definitely ignorant to reality.

Religion is man made. The bible - - a collection of scripts - - is Man judging Man. There is no god.

A valid point Annee. But I didn't become an atheist because of anything the church did or didn't do. I became an atheist because much time in study brought me to that conclusion.

The content of the OP, and the many who support its tenets were just one nail among many.
edit on 8/31/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
As has been pointed out, god does not exist. And you have atheist as screen name? Wonder if you are too dumb to remember that, or its a hacked account...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i don't see any conspiracies in this post.... just opinion.

this garbage should be moved to the (IDIOTIC) RANTS forum.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

A valid point Annee. But I didn't become an atheist because of anything the church did or didn't do. I became an atheist because much time in study brought me to that conclusion.

Me too.

My end result in searching for god for 60 years is Atheism.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

i don't see any conspiracies in this post.... just opinion.

this garbage should be moved to the (IDIOTIC) RANTS forum.

You're right, perhaps not a conspiracy, just more non-sensical, sexist babbel coming from priests, preachers, the church....or if you prefer...."the word of God".

Perhaps not a conspiracy; maybe control of women, and their sexual organs. LOL GOD, you mad, you mad, brother.
edit on 31/8/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

One can only speak of the abstract nature of existence through metaphor because a) its poetic, and looks nice and b) every human being repeats the experiences in the book of Genesis.

The book of Genesis is a spectacular book of metaphysics. If only people were more interested in the Bible - and its elusive stories, and less interested, or perhaps, only interested in eastern philosophy and occultism, this issue wouldnt come up.

I could start a thread probing the inner meaning of the bible. I suppose many people could benefit from it. Maybe ill do that. It would require ALOT of writing, since the myths of the Torah are many.

As for the story of Adam and Eve.

God is the creator, and former of reality. The name used in the Torah in the creation of the cosmos is Elohim, which connotes something very different from the other name used, YHWH.

Christians, or others who study the Torah from a gnostic perspective, and so regard the Jewish God as a "demiurge" come away with a very twisted understanding of the "old testament"; its a shame they dont seek a deeper meaning, being satisifed with what they have. Which is fine. But dont assume that what you think you know about the Torah is correct.

Elohim is the creator of reality; he is the artificer of the world, and so the very name Elohim, could be translated simply as "cosmos". Infact, this name has the same numerical value as the Hebrew word for Nature - Hateva. Hateva also means "word", as well as "ark". It connotes a contraction, of whats inexpressible, to become expressed, and so would correspond to the stoic Logos - the word.

But BEHIND this name, of Elohim, is a greater name; Gods true name, which is YHVH. Elohim, as said before, connotes contraction, and so Elohim is responsible for the creation of the 'ego'.

YHVH conversely is formed of the 3 unique letters; yod, heh and vav. These three letters form the words was, is and will be in the Hebrew language. This name thus connotes "being", or "eternity". There is simply nothing beyond this conception of God that the mortal mind can comprehend. Later, as we read in the book of Exodus, the Creator tells Moses when he asks for his name, the creator says, Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh, which contrary to its usual interpretation of "i am that i am", actually means, according to Hebrew grammar, "i will be that which i will be", essentially saying the self is always the same, and yet in a constant state of transformation. It is, in essence, eternal becoming.

Im a little annoyed, i hope you can understand, with the treatment the bible has suffered from ignoramuses - who know nothing of its inner philosophy, or pseudo mystics, who think they understand its inner meaning.

Adam and Eve reflect two aspects of creation. The masculine, and the feminine. Why did God split them up??? For what purpose? In order that the Man may unite with another.

This is the main issue, in my opinion, between Hebraic and Pagan philosophy. Pagan philosophy, as in the Christian Gnostic tradition, considers this world a mistake. According to the Hebraic tradition. Not so. God wants to translate what exists in the higher worlds; complete union between masculine and feminine, and bring it into this world, in which the male and female imitate, or incarnate, what exists above in abstract, in human society.
edit on 31-8-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
At least we now know that Barbara Bachman is a real Christian!

Great thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I thought this thread was absolutely hilarious! But I am NOT going to star and flag it just in case the OP was actually serious...

You forgot to mention that God designed women to have smaller feet so that they can better fit in behind the kitchen sink! I am sure THAT is also mentioned somewhere in the bible... ROFL!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I agree with your assesment of male and female aspects of god. I also agree that the Torah contains many metaphysical lessons, that are beyond most of its readers. There is great mystery and inspiration deeply encoded. Let them who have eyes......

It's too bad that the "bible" had been degenerated by priests, politicians and popes to meet the expectation of bigotry and intolorance that ignorant men and women align themselves with.

I love this guy:
youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have considered writing a thread on the only possible reason God may actually exist, and the evidence that he may have gotten pwnd by a female prior to creating earth so he set out to make a male dominated world where he could punish women to make himself feel better about questioning his own masculinity. Clearly a loving god would never created men to begin with. I am somewhat joking guys, but you have to admit, the god in the bible does seem like he is overcompensating for something.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A jewish prayer says: "I thank God for not making me a woman"

Look it up, everyone.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ding, ding, ding - We have a winner for the most blatantly obvious trolling thread in quite a while - And OP, on your very first thread no less.

Not even worth time I've already spent...
edit on 8/31/2011 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Nope, it's true, dogma has always been condecending and controlling towards women.

Especially, the Jewish faith; again i quote their prayer "I Thank god for not making me a woman".

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mexicanatheist

God does not hate women.

Rather men hate women and translated the writings with a sexist slant.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Clearly the opening poster has no intention of a healthy dialogue. More so, many of the posters on this thread are in similar mindsets. Threads like this reek like a children's nursery without supervision. There is much philosophical vomit on the floor, emotional excrement in diapers wet by poor spiritual bladder control, and dumbfounded children gratifying themselves in the corner.

While there are so many complaints of religion fouling things up, there is a complete lack of understanding as to the forms and methods interacting in such systems.

It is for animals to fear and/or worship objects instead of seeing that which is unseen by the eyes.

My wife is part of me, and I am part of her. Silly children can argue about what constitutes a healthy and godly relationship, but for a family to commune as one is enough for me. I am so thankful for my wife who fills us up as I strive to fill up strangers. That is to say, my wife serves our family, and I serve people outside our home. We are all servants, if we are healthy and productive. Is it disgusting to suggest that women, whose bodies are established and sustained by estrogen which causes them to take a differing physical form than men, are poor-minded to serve from within her family. Such conduct makes a family strong. Likewise, it is disgusting to suggest that men, whose bodies are established and sustained by testosterone which causes them to take a differing physical form than women, are poor-minded to serve those outside his family.

In this way, the needs of a family can be met more efficiently.
Consider: a household with two heads is also a household with two bodies. This doubles one's work load. A divorced family is a good example of this. Each one serves outside the home, therefore they are ignoring their own needs (or paying a stranger to meet them). This creates a void which is often filled by chaos and pride. Who here has tried to raise an infant or a toddler and also work a steady job? Unless you are relying on someone, you cannot do both efficiently (unless you run a daycare). Why is it any more civil to rely on a stranger or extended family member than to expect that women, whose bodies declare their natural function in the body of our species, should be primary homemakers. You must ignore our bodies, and our souls to arrive at the thought that men and women should act the same in every way.

Conversely, if a family, in honesty and communication meet their needs in an "alternate" way, so long as all members are nourished, there is no condemnation. But to declare an ancient culture barbaric for adhering to a method to preserve their culture is flatly stupid. In fact, in that culture, it would have been barbaric for there to be no structure. More so, most people who claim such freedoms from sexism will be condemned to excessive labors if they ever expect to produce a healthy generation of children after them.

Moving on to our current times, with this ancient way in mind, we should be able to see that our bodily needs remain identical as the days of old, and our hormones remain the same as the days of old. So to suggest that we conduct ourselves against the goodness within our animal bodies is strangely idiotic. We should be honoring our forms and methods and be thankful for what we have. We should be serving others by honoring our natural inclinations instead of perverting and shaming what is good.

So then, while dastardly children pinch their penises and vaginas and claim that there is no distinction, there should be no wonder why families are divided and unhealthy. Animals rely on a certain type of conduct for their bodies to have health. It is that simple.

Wouldn't it be great to see male bees tell the queen to F off in a male rights movement?
Civility for everyone does not equal "everyone does whatever the heck they want despite the ramifications."
What a sick and twisted culture we are forming for our children to enter into.
edit on 8/31/2011 by Dasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by mexicanatheist

God does not hate women.

Rather men hate women and translated the writings with a sexist slant.

Even as an atheist, I'm with you on that.

The day I see a female pope....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join