It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: Bank of America files destroyed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a602204969f7.png[/atsimg]
Well this is just great, some of probably the juiciest data that could have been made public has been destroyed. One could assume that the incriminating data may relate to the financial collapse as well as all sorts of other nefarious financial goings on. I was personally overjoyed when I heard that wikileaks had stuff on the banks....and it seems now that the treacherous Daniel Domscheit-Berg has destroyed these files in order to protect the security of the sources, he claims. Others, myself included believe that he was gotten to.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f747cac7e5b.jpg[/atsimg]

WASHINGTON: Some internal Bank of America files obtained by WikiLeaks have been destroyed, according to a former close collaborator of Julian Assange, the whistleblowing website's founder.

In an email to Reuters, Daniel Domscheit-Berg, who last year was fired by Assange as WikiLeaks' co-spokesman, confirmed that he had destroyed "roundabout" 3,000 submissions WikiLeaks received related to Bank of America.
Domscheit-Berg said that he had decided to destroy the material "in the interest of the security of sources." In the past he had alleged that the source-protection system used by WikiLeaks under Assange's stewardship was inadequate.
articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

I suspect that he has been bought out or 'gotten to'. Because of a law suit between himself and wikileaks it is not possible for the site to process and receive new data according to an internal source I saw lecture recently. A while back I remember there being some sort of plan for the slow release of data that would eventually lead up to the far more revelatory stuff that many people on here are aware of. It seems as if this plan has been sabotaged. With Assange under house arrest for having consensual sex and the lawsuit going on it seems that TPTB may have won this round.

In response, Julian Assange has written a post that alleges Domscheit-Berg has been liaising with members of the international intelligence community. The post does not deny that the files may have been destroyed. www.businessinsider.com...

While this is obviously distressing to people who would have liked to have had the information released, there is still a little bit of hope. He didn't destroy all of the files as some he didn't have access to, although it is still unlikely that we will see them anytime soon given the situation wikileaks finds itself in.

But Domscheit-Berg also said that he did not destroy Bank of America material obtained by WikiLeaks before last year. He said that Assange first claimed to have obtained leaks from inside Bank of America in October 2009. Domscheit-Berg said he never had control over such files and did not destroy them.

Larry Di Rita, a Bank of America spokesman, said: "We don't know what they claim to have had, and we have no comment on what they allegedly may have destroyed." The destruction of the documents could provide a small amount of relief to Bank of America investors. The bank's stock dropped 3 percent in November amid fears the bank could be the target of WikiLeaks' next document release. In recent weeks investors have pummeled Bank of America's stock on fears it may need to raise outside capital to absorb losses.

Assange did not immediately respond to an email requesting comment. However, in a flurry of messages posted on its Twitter feed over the weekend, WikiLeaks said that it could confirm that the data Domscheit-Berg claimed to have destroyed "included five gigabytes from the Bank of America."
www.reuters.com...

There is also the issue of the No Fly List: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e37dbbea2e1.jpg[/atsimg]
It seems like these are just claims and that the information that is/was still set to be released includes the US No fly list. It is my understanding that it is a very long list and that many people not usually considered terrorists would appear on it.

While I'm still not sure if this is all part of some grand plan to screw us (wikileaks), I still do see this as a serious blow to the cause. Just when we thought it was getting good......
edit on 31-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
He should be tied up, and dragged behind a car till he's unconsious, heal him up then rinse and repeat make him suffer, nothing but a traitor!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
don't demonize berg too much ask yourself If you had dirt on a govt corporation or religious group and were going to expose them and they offered you millions for your silence what would you do? (remember you live on a material world not a spiritual one)

I would take the money and run..........................

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
isn't this guy trying to start up his own whislteblowing website.... who would go to this schmuk... I reckon this dude was definitley gotten to, maybe thats why Assange got rid of him, he was good to get rid of him before they got deeper into the other leaks.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Yes, true. Although I am not the one starting up sites for the public to expose the very people he's taking the money from. That is pretty much not an option once you set out on an ideological path to expose the corruption in the world by starting a site like wikileaks. I mean you could start up a site like that and go all the way, secretly hoping that someday the banks will give you millions for dirt that you can in essence legally blackmail them with, but if you did that, you would be a total scum bag. He is a traitor and a sell out and I believe that what he did is unforgivable and ideologically, he's a fraud.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
How Convenient, here's a time-line ;

In a 2009 Computer World interview, Assange claimed to be in possession of "5GB from Bank of America". In 2010 he told Forbes magazine that WikiLeaks was planning another "megaleak" early in 2011, from inside the private sector, involving "a big U.S. bank" and revealing an "ecosystem of corruption". Bank of America's stock price fell by 3% as a result of this announcement. Assange commented on the possible impact of the release that "it could take down a bank or two."

20 August 2010 The Swedish Prosecutor's Office issues an arrest warrant for Julian Assange. Karin Rosander, the head of communications, says there are two separate allegations - one of rape and one of molestation.

On 18 December, Bank of America announced it would "not process transactions of any type that we have reason to believe are intended for Wikileaks," citing "Wikileaks might be engaged in activities ... inconsistent with our internal policies for processing payments". WikiLeaks responded in a tweet by encouraging their supporters who were BoA customers to close their accounts. Bank of America has long been believed to be the target of WikiLeaks' next major release.]

In that whole time-line nothing of that was enough to release those 5 gig of files? (that conveniently has no back-up?)

How convenient.

GM

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
don't demonize berg too much ask yourself If you had dirt on a govt corporation or religious group and were going to expose them and they offered you millions for your silence what would you do? (remember you live on a material world not a spiritual one)

I would take the money and run..........................

Then you are part of the problem and not the solution. Too many weak minded individuals run this world whos only motto is "if you scratch my back ill scratch your's" its sickening .

Have some morals and standards , other wise Karma will bite you in the back when our not looking.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Assange is an idiot - he boasted with those data a LONG time already and could have already released it LONG ago...i remember him boasting what explosive data they have...and it never made its way on the site.

Furthermore, he must ALSO be an idiot if he doesn't have multiple copies of *ALL* of the data - there is no way in hell that a sane person would sit on such explosive data and not have several copies as security.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Do you feel it is all lies? I know a lot of people are really critical of wikileaks and I'm starting to see why, although assange has been pretty crippled by his various lawsuits and unable to process and release new data, let alone what they already have. I think it's actually because of the law suits that they cannot release a lot of new data.

reply to post by flexy123

But isn't that what the security file is all about? If they kill him it all gets released? That was my impression anyway. I actually think he's incredibly clever, most people can see that as he's clearly very intelligent. The main problem in my eyes is working out who's side everybody is on.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Wikileaks and Anonymous are probably psy-ops used to cause friction between the general public and the establishment, with an obvious goal in mind.

They both seem to be orchestrated as an excuse to shutdown the freedom of the internet.

Be very careful of who you trust.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

My principles would go against the establishment on this one even if I have to pay with my life. I would do a deep introspection to be sure I am doing the right thing for myself and would surely do it. In no way I think truth should be taken out just because of cashin' $$$. Truth did, is, and will always prevail whatever TPTB will do.

Everything will soon come out of the bag my friends and I think it is going to be much better this way.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

i think your right buddie, its probably the only reason why he hasnt been killed or found with a suicide note after shooting himself in the head twice...
maybe this other dude got rid of them thinking there was only one copy...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

I hope so my friend. I do think that generally people around the world are aware/opening up to many things that would have been considered madness a generation or two ago. Also people are more and more aware of what is done behind closed doors. I hope that we do overcome this corruption that is rampant in our world and information is one of the only ways it can be done.

reply to post by XplanetX

I have been considering this more and more recently although I cannot see how a lot of the things that have been released by wikileaks would have benefited whoever is running the show. I mean they have released a lot of embarrassing stuff, especially the war logs. I just can't see it, people argue it's an Israeli operation as not much was released concerning Israel although that was countered by wikileaks and they released Israeli cables. Again for me it just doesnt make sense for it to be a psyop.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think whatever was on those filed contained some pretty damning information against BOA.
Whatever it was, they did not want that information leaked AT ALL.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by priceless34

It seems that there may have certainly been something worth protecting in those files, some of this gets pretty funny:

United States banking giant Bank of America scrambled to pre-emptively save itself from possibly becoming the next institution to be exposed by Wikileaks, the whistleblower website that raised a storm of controversy by unveiling private diplomatic cables of the State Department.

Reports suggested that BoA had appointed “a team of 15 to 20 top... officials, led by the chief risk officer, Bruce Thompson,” to oversee a wide-ranging internal investigation covering many thousands of documents and seeking out instances where computer files and security could have been compromised.

The counter-espionage team includes consultants from the Booz Allen Hamilton, and is apparently focusing on details surrounding Bank of America's acquisitions of Merill Lynch and troubled lender Countrywide.

Bank of America also was reported to have purchased numerous internet domains made up of the names of executives followed by terms like "sucks" and "blows" in an effort to control criticism in the wake of the pending document release.

www.thehindu.com...
www.infosecisland.com...

Talk about keeping your enemies closer. In a preemptive move against a potential Wikileaks attack, Bank of America has gone on a shopping spree, registering domain names of sites that insult their top executives.

Domain Name Wire reported on Monday that the bank has bought "hundreds of domain name registrations," with names such BrianMoynihanBlows.com and BrianMoynihanSucks.com, in reference to Bank of America's chief executive. The bank also purchased .net and .org versions of the sites, plus some that take aim at chief financial officer Charles Noski, Chairman of the Board Charles Holliday and board member Charles Rossotti.
voices.washingtonpost.com...

Thanks to some shrewd defensive domain-name registration on the part of BofA, Moynihan needn't worry about any shenanigans emanating from BrianMoynihanBlows.com, BrianMoynihanSucks.com, BrianTMoynihanBlows.com or BrianTMoynihanSucks.com. (Unless, of course, one of his tech guys goes dark-side on him.)

As Domain Name Wire reports, BofA "has been aggressively registering domain names including its Board of Directors’ and senior executives’ names followed by “sucks” and “blows”.

The meeting in which this strategy was first discussed had to have been the BofA Meeting of the Year. "What about 'blows'? You know, like 'blankblankblows.com'? What if someone thinks of that? It could topple the whole bank!"
www.itworld.com...

Hilarious measure that they have taken.

top topics

join