It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Thinks FEMA Is A Disaster- Do You Agree?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Currently Paul is getting slaughtered on this poll question on AC360's facebook page... Did you catch the interview tonight? What do you think?

Poll- Ron Paul Thinks FEMA Is A Disaster- Do You Agree?
edit on 30-8-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: add

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
yes
and yes
but the heart is in the right place
edit on 30-8-2011 by jonco6 because: +

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

Did they run out of time or did Anderson just decide to be done with him?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenObserver

You could tell Anderson was getting a little frustrated....

who knows....

Paul is definitely getting better @ interviews.... still a little rough though...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
FEMA= federal excuses made always, does that say anything about FEMA? It is the Gov's way of saying "fill out this in x amount of forms, prove to the US you have lost your???" and then you might get a check but only half of worth what you lost. FEMA is a joke it is their so they the GOV do not have to pay.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Yes. Katrina/New Orleans speaks for itself.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
FEMA has saved thousands of lives. I cannot even comprehend what it would be like without such an incredible organization.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Has anyone actually seen FEMA out rescuing people, out pulling people from rivers, out restoring order? No! Because FEMA is a planning agency that works behind desks. I do not have a problem with some group planning for natural disasters and standardizing training of responses. I do have a problem with having another department that does this when our National Guard is actually able to do this and has the equipment to do this. They can erect tent cities in a matter of a day, create bridges, repair roads, etc. Yet, for some reason the National Guard is not trusted to plan for disasters on a national scale. We for some reason need people in suits to tell the national guard what to do. I think not.

No I am not opposed to FEMA. Yes I think FEMA is way to large and bulky. Yes I think the responsibility could be given to the National Guard.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

With hundreds of Federally run programs, is there even ONE that runs efficiently and effectively??

Usually locals know what locals need and the demographics of area and people..
I say leave more for the states to control...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Most parts of government need to be reformed, FEMA included. So while I agree with Ron Paul to some extent that FEMA needs to be sorted out, or possibly done away with, I disagree with this notion that we should cut out any federal involvement to these natural disasters as well. That is essentially what Ron Paul wants to do, he wants to leave it to the states to deal with these hurricanes, these forces of nature. If states could deal with it themselves, they wouldn't need the federal government to respond in the first place. I'd also like to question where all the Paulers were during the time Obama was heckled at following his response to to the oil slick? Or is this a different case? Should we rely on states to use the force of prayer to deal with these own issues? It certainly helped with perry's crusade right?

If anything, state governments need to take more responsibility for these events, these natural disasters, but the federal government has a fundamental role to play.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

What you mean Ron paul is getting slaughtered on anderson cooper facebook poll
sorry i just dont have facebook.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Ron Paul is an ass for thinking that cutting fed involvement in natural disaster emergencies is a great idea. Want to reform FEMA, make it a more efficient arm of the government? Fine. But eliminating it completely? Absolute idiocy. We're supposed to be 50 united states that should come together for one another in times of need, not leave every man for himself. This view is borderline sociopathic in my opinion.

Parts of New Jersey are underwater right now and people need help. Ron Paul and his psychotic TP followers seems like they would gladly let people suffer.

edit on 31-8-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

We have the SES [State Emergengy Services) here in Victoria, Australia..

They do a fantastic job under many extreme circumstances and disasters..
They all so have MANY volunteers...

Let the people that know the terrain and residents do their job...

A body like FEMA should maybe have teams with sharable equipment etc that can be called on by the states if and when needed..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
If this were the dead of winter it would go over far better but during Hurricane season the last thing people want to hear is that they won't be getting their FEMA checks. Sure FEMA ain't perfect by a long stretch but people need to remember that the FEMA during Katrina is completely different from the one that responds to disasters today. Since I suspect a large portion of people here are generally removed from the workings of FEMA and how they render aid did you know that they have a requirement that companies who take on a contract with them to do housing inspections after a disaster have to have people on the ground and ready to go in a disaster location within 24 hours of it being declared for Individual Assistance? Chance are good most didn't know that because they are too hung up on bashing FEMA for their past mistakes both percieved and real rather than looking at what matters, the here and now.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

there is a role for federal leadership in disaster prepareness, but i also agree with ron paul, as that there is much room for improvement.

flood insurance as is, welfare for the rich living on the beach.
i'd increase the % deductible until the insurance was self financing.

training thousands of volunteers nation wide, having localities, hospitals, and others have a plan in case disaster strikes, Fema or some other agency would be necesary.
too many communities and important institutions would do nothing if not required.
not all have honest management.

but disaster prepareness is local, and the important initial response is local.
people will be saved or die in the 1st 24 hours, when regional first responders is all you have.

and Katrina was such a huge waste of money in so many ways, that for someone to critisize FEMA is a good thing.
as in all federal programs there is much waste of money.

top topics

join