It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media's New Way to Fight Ron Paul's Candidacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
In a country where people with biased agendas are allowed to portray their opinions as facts by calling it 'news', people need to take a step back to look at the bigger picture.

The media, which have been intentionally ignoring Ron Paul, have been feeling the effects of angry Ron Paul supporters to the point to which they cannot ignore any further. Much of this credit goes to Jon Stewart of the Daily Show for helping to bring this issue to light. So, unable to ignore the fact that Ron Paul actually exists, the media has begun a new tactic. Instead of ignoring Ron Paul, the media is now doing the next best thing, they are attacking Ron Paul supporters.

It only takes a few minutes of listening to biased AM radio stations to hear people referring to supporters of this presidential candidate as 'Ron Paul crazies'. This is a blatant attempt at ruining the credibility of this candidate and his views by, in effect, claiming that only crazy people must like Ron Paul.

The other day, while listening to biased radio host Michael Berry, I was shocked to hear him liken Ron Paul supporters to Muslim terrorists after telling a story of a Ron Paul supporter who supposedly wanted to 'fight' him. I wrote Mr. Berry to discuss this matter, and I am still awaiting a response from him.

Don't buy into the media's manipulation of things. We need to stop this biased, partisan fighting. I feel like my country's government is behaving like my fiance's 8 year old son having an argument with his friends. And don't buy into the 'crazy' Ron Paul supporter BS the media has now developed as their way to combat this presidential candidate. Apparently, it's more important to these 'news' broadcasters to only push their own biased agendas than it is to educate the public and let them make up their own minds.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If liking the constitution is crazy pass me the meds.

As for the news they are ovbiously insane all you have to
do is watch them you can see that they seem to beleve the
crap that pores out of their mouth take Bill Orily for example.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I think another approach of theirs is to bring up issues that make him look crazy during interviews. For example, in his three MSM interviews tonight, the topic of FEMA was covered heavily, in fact on CNN that's the only thing they talked about all 6 minutes!

When millions of people see this person that Bill O Reilly and Ann Coulter called crazy talking about getting rid of FEMA, of course they're going to believe what those idiots tell them!

edit on 30-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

i can't help but think there is a bit of reverse psychology going on in a sense that... ron paul is made to look like he's being manipulated out of place and held back by the media, because of his righteous ideas, and he's obviously making people aware of the Problem.

'they' will/are getting the Reaction from people like us, which will bring more exposure to him,, and when you own the media networks you can control when this happens and make it seem the people have the power...

and before you know it the Solution to all of our problems has got the attention he needs and we're all wrapped up in the moment of how great things will be!!!

how many politicians/presidents have suffered heart attacks, accidents, cancer or some other medical condition thats prevented them from doing the great things that would have been a huge thorn in the side of the greedy fews agenda!?

we've just got to be careful of the herd mentality is all i'm saying!!!!

Something else worth bearing in mind is Albert Einsteins definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results!!

How any more times we gonna play this broken record?? Perhaps this will be the last time.. They say America is 1 signature away from being a dictatorship,,, all as they need is the right 'Problem'..

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Clearly, the media are attempting to paint Paul as an extremist who would let those displaced by Mother Nature suffer instead of stepping in to help. It's fun to watch RP turn the tables on his interviewers time and again. Love him or hate him, it is hard to argue against his consistency.

Actually, if the media members are truly prepared for these interviews, they are in actuality lobbing him softballs. Giving a guy who has spent a lifetime opposing big Government a chance to take a crack at FEMA? Come on. Too easy, esecially given the images of New Orleans still fresh in all of our minds.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Every chance Mr wolf had on CNN he was asking all his
interview ies to hammer on Ronnie.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Why worry about it there is not much we can do when millions of people are too stupid and gullible to see through the smoke and mirrors and believe most of what they hear on the news.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
jon stewert for ron paul!!!!

yeah, that's the ticket! let a comedian show influence the election of the POTUS!

i'm there!!

NOT!

i will do the exact opposite. go sarah!!!!!
edit on 31-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join