It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Interview On Anderson Cooper 8/30

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is Ron Pauls third MSM interview of the night, he definitely has their attention.

Just like with the other two, his stance on FEMA is brought up. He defends it by saying that FEMA doesn't have a good record, and he can't understand why we would put that responsibility in the hands of a federal beaurocracy. And just like with the other two interviews, Ron Paul counters with the fact that he's gotten more calls complaining about FEMA than all of the other government agencies combined.

He brings up an example of FEMAs incompetence: During Katrina they needed ice down there, and FEMA ordered 211 million pounds of ice that ended up in Nebraska and never got there.

Anderson Coopers rebuttal: FEMA had body recovery crews on the ground very quickly. HA! They're good at cleaning up dead people but they suck at helping people out and bringing them supplies, wow.....fail.

Then Paul goes even further in saying the federal government built the levees that failed, so they were partially responsible for the flooding in New Orleans. Cooper asks him if there is any role for the federal government in disaster response, and Paul says resue operations would be good. The funding seems to be the issue that bothers him, and he recommended cutting a few billions dollars spent overseas, putting half towards the deficit and half towards FEMA.

It really bothers me that they spent the whole time discussing FEMA, Ron Paul didn't seem to happy at the end either.
edit on 30-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Cooper is a moron.

End of story.

Ron Paul Held his own and let that little CIA mouthpiece have it.

Great Job!

Edit- Sorry Anderson, but your attempts(sad at that) at trying to make Paul look bad failed miserably.
Tell all the ilk like you to watch what you say, cause you just might get called out on your bs. =)

Thats all.

edit on 30-8-2011 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is actually bad coverage of Ron Paul. See, they may have thrown the staunch Ron Paul supporters by looking at this one issue. Most people don't care about that. They want to see a strong president standing on a hay bail and drinking a beer. The people are not ready for freedom, they want the status quot.

There will be a long line of people holding their noses when they vote in Rick Perry.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The MSM want SO BADLY for Paul to sound like an Anarchist wingnut. Suffer, MSM, suffer.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
The MSM want SO BADLY for Paul to sound like an Anarchist wingnut. Suffer, MSM, suffer.

People, I threw my vote in two presidential elections to two different independences that I and a few million others thought could make a difference. We wanted to make a statement. We did. You can go back and check how Ross Poret and Ralph Nader faired.

But one of the other guys won. I favor Paul, but on the critical day, if he is an independent, pass him by and vote for the lesser of the two parties that threaten the average citizen the least.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Another thing I have noticed is that the media only brings on Ron Paul to attack some fringe issue instead of treating him like a front runner. I believe this is why he started to gain traction but lost it. I would also like to note that Ron Paul fails at putting on the dog and pony show. You can't sale a Ferrari without a good salesman, even if it is the dream car.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I just saw a repeat of this interview....and Ron Paul did a good job in answering the questions....he didn't soft pedal anything and he made a lot of sense!

As for Anderson Cooper.....you know who his mother is? Gloria Vanderbilt. He is a child of privilege.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Am I the only one that's pissed off because the only thing they talked about for 6 minutes was FEMA? I mean with the hurricane situation, sure, it would be expected that they discuss that, but for the whole interview?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

You talk about throwing your vote and what it got you. What would you have gotten anyway. There is no lesser of two evils. It is the same product in a different container. They are lemonade when we want orange juice. Drink your different brand of lemonaide I will stick with orange juice. Point is Ron Paul actually isn't a person he is a movement. The only way he can lose momentum is if we allow ourselves to lose momentum. You talk about your loses does anyone know how much we have gained over the years. They planned to take over the Middle East and have their NWO in 1969. that was over 40 years ago. Why do you think they are pushing so hard and so fast now that it is obvious to anyone who has had a lobotomy. We have slowed them down and they are in panic mode keep fighting them and we will win. Quit fighting them and we have lost because we gave up on ourselves.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
This is actually bad coverage of Ron Paul. See, they may have thrown the staunch Ron Paul supporters by looking at this one issue. Most people don't care about that. They want to see a strong president standing on a hay bail and drinking a beer. The people are not ready for freedom, they want the status quot.

There will be a long line of people holding their noses when they vote in Rick Perry.

Message to the GOP: I will never vote for Rick Perry. Never.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by simone50m

People, I threw my vote in two presidential elections to two different independences that I and a few million others thought could make a difference. We wanted to make a statement. We did. You can go back and check how Ross Poret and Ralph Nader faired.

But one of the other guys won. I favor Paul, but on the critical day, if he is an independent, pass him by and vote for the lesser of the two parties that threaten the average citizen the least.

Your attitude is what the establishment is counting on. What you are in effect voting for is the corrupt 2 Party System. Your vote will be a de facto endorsement of the corrupt status quo. When nothing changes, you will be partly responsible for that.

The GOP counts on people like you and I am sure that your position will get a lot of support down the road by the talking heads that are complicite in this con.

I will never vote for a candidate that lacks integrity because he is the "lesser of 2 evils". It only furthers the evil and rewards the evildoers.

new topics

top topics

join