It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutant, deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu emerges in Asia and could sweep the globe this fall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Link H1N1

This article suggests that H1N1, while a real illness, is made into a pandemic to sell vaccines and make money.
This may or may not be true, the article looks researched and authentic.
I do believe the money making part. Big Pharm has had us all by the nuts for years and years in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I'm driving and on the iPad, so will have to wait until later for a full response.

It's difficult to describe, but in a nutshell, yes and no, lol.

Yes, in that this is inevitable, and no because the term must be qualified properly and in truth it truly depends on ones perspective.

It's overpopulated, in that the good times are going to cycle out for a bit. Our pop size WILL decrease this century, for a variety of reasons.

It's not in that life will continue on, and we'll have more time to figure stuff out before the next culling.

So ultimately it depends on ones depth, scope, and qualification of terms.

Eh, I'm sick with flu. If that didn't make sense. Please let me know.

Thanks Sofi.

s +f

Oops, no I don't know that they will quarantine and euthanize.

If they do:

I've got mad contingency plans with powerful hyper crazy kats in ma group.

No quarantine for the wicked

edit on 30-8-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

So i take it this new version of a pandemic has the same source as the last last one did- swi ne flu

Of course they dont have a vaccine yet,, not enough of a Problem has been created and the desired Reaction isn't dramatic enough to bring the Solution out into the public arena yet...

When will learn?? If we carry on acting like a bunch of drama queens we'll carry on being treated like a bunch of drama queens!!

edit on 30/8/11 by WHOS READY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I want to know why Russia, And Canada are virus free when it says in the trailer 1 month a billion infected, etc..., and other countries like New Zealand, some countries in south america, and south africa?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c22564e86869.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 30-8-2011 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I call FOWL, on this bird flu.

But in all serious, This is what my immune system is for. Dont need no stinkin vaccine. But if im wrong? well better luck next time then.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by Ghost375

Eh, they're probably just trying to scare us into getting the flu shot.

Yep. Except there's no flu shot for this one...

What if this "new" flu that has no vaccine, will be the scare to get us to jump into a DRACO vaccine? Isn't it supposed to work against all types of flus and colds in a different way? In me 40+ years of life there have been no spanish flues to come through and wipe out a generation, but there certainly has been a lot of potential deadly flues that we miraculously stopped due to an amazing and timely vaccine year after year.

My point being, vaccines are a big money maker, and we are entering what people have come to believe is the cold and flu season, so it's time to sell a new scary flu otherwise how's the Big Pharma gonna make money this year?

Timing, the timing of all this is suspect.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Just in time for flu season as well has anyone notice this?. My local drug store asked if I needed a flu shot, after purchasing 3$ six pack of beer
edit on 30-8-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

I created a thread called "Brainstorming positive alternative energy" so its hardly all negative. That aside I havent been ill in years so I doubt I will get this whether its a real threat or not.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Yeah, my local Albertson's has signs at the entrance and at all the checkouts for flu and whooping cough shots. My kid's school is now requiring whooping cough vaccines to enter this year also.

It seems like everything around us is on overdrive!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Saying there is no vaccine could be just another ploy to get us scared , then howling for the government to donate hundreds of millions for "research". A bit of time goes by, a few thousand die, people of the world are suitably terrified and them Presto! a vaccine. Big Pharma and current world leaders are held up as saviors. Scare tactics as usual.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Something that worries me as a parent, about a vaccine scare (yep not the ful) is if they try to make them mandatory for sxhool kids. Mine have all the regular ones. But no flu shots at all. I absolutely refuse!
Does the child snatchers then step in because im doing whats best for my family? It would be hard to play a religion card since they already have shots, lol.

Scary thought there. But my children and my family are not guinea pigs.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Big Pharma is using scare tactics to bump profits - governments are positioning to sell "hard choices" aka quarantine, euthanasia and other depopulation strategies.

Ordinary people don't need to buy into the panic - but we do need to be informed and aware, and prepare. ...It might not hit this flu season, but...

...'Bird flu' is already hitting an already threatened food supply in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Europe. The new mutated strain already killed 8 out of 8 people infected this year in Cambodia - seven of them children.

Usually, pandemic flu strains come from pigs or swine. The 2009 H1N1 'swine flu' pandemic was caused by the reassortment of genes from two pig viruses - it was incredibly infectious in humans and went around the world in six months. Luckily, it wasn't very virulent or deadly.

H5N1 'bird flu' IS extremely virulent and deadly - just not very infectious or contagious. But…

If a pig is infected simultaneously with the new H5N1 'bird flu' mutation and the 2009 pandemic H1N1 'swine flu' - the new strain will probably spread like wildfire between people. And H5N1 'bird flu' does infect pigs: H5N1 Bird Flu in Pigs. Humans Next?

More news about Bird Flu:

THE resurgence of deadly ''bird flu'' in Asia, Europe and the Middle East could trigger a global flu pandemic, especially if the virus mutates to spread more easily between people…

the increasing spread of the virus in and around Asia was ''dangerous'' because it could rob developing countries of food while creating a new pandemic.

…amid signs a mutant strain of the virus was spreading in Asia and beyond ''with unpredictable risks to human health''. The mutant strain in China and Vietnam has side-stepped vaccines.

if it does mutate into a form that can be spread to humans, it will make the swine flu outbreak look like a Christmas picnic.

…The latest human infections occurred earlier this month in Egypt and Cambodia.

…the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the UN, …is concerned about the virus infecting food sources. They’re very concerned about the many millions of domestic bird flocks, particularly chickens in Southeast Asia, which are in close proximity to humans.

…it’s possible it could mutate into a form that would be readily transmitted between humans. And that’s the sort of pandemic step that everyone’s concerned about.

…on average 50% to 60% of all humans who have contracted bird flu have died.

What makes bird flu so deadly?

The virus turns on different immune mechanisms. There are one or two key switches in the immune system that are turned on by H5 – it’s these switches that cause high levels of tissue destruction.

This is something distinctive about H5, which makes it more potent.

H5 is now well and truly established in Western Europe and Africa. The most recent countries to be affected are in the Middle East and there are severe human outbreaks in Egypt.

How likely is the virus to mutate and spread between humans?

Given this virus is now established in the world’s bird populations it remains a serious threat to humans. …

One of the biggest shortfalls we’re trying to overcome is the inability to quickly produce a virus-specific vaccine for a mutated strain.

…We’re doing all we can do but we simply don’t have the technology to quickly produce a vaccine to protect against a mutated strain.

WHO says Cambodian girl has died of bird flu
…WHO and Cambodia's Ministry of Health said in a joint news conference Wednesday that she is the eighth person to die from the H5N1 flu virus this year in Cambodia.

All eight people who are known to have contracted bird flu in Cambodia this year have died. They include seven children.

edit on 30/8/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I started 67 threads on Bird Flu over the past 6 or 7 years...

Sixty-seven threads?

SIXTY-SEVEN?

Here is what I remember from the mainstream news for the first pandemic: It basically had the character of, "We are all going to die!" People were afraid to go to work. People got a sniffle and went to the hospital. Parents took every newborn with a cough to ER. That kind of stuff.

Meanwhile, people died of the flu in the same numbers that people always die of the flu, and for the same reasons. The apocalyptic end did not come, and no one trusts the hype who "survived" the first "end of the world."

So, again we will have video on the news of people wearing masks to work, but who would not think to wash their hands upon leaving the bathroom?

I actually was merely going to post "Deja Vu!" but Hillbilly123069 beat me to it.

Do I need to post this sixty-seven more times to catch up?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I live in Asia, why haven't I heard anything about this?

Just wondering?

My conspiracy sense in tingling.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Me thinks DRACO is about to get fast tracked.

Timing on the MIT release regarding the broad spectrum anti-viral looks quite timely.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Canada and Russia being Virus free -- It probably has to do with the climate of that area, if I recall correctly most virus' have a hard time surviving the cold, which is why hospitals are generally cold.

edit on 30-8-2011 by Celestica because: re-read the article

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Originally posted by Frira

I started 67 threads on Bird Flu over the past 6 or 7 years...

Sixty-seven threads?

SIXTY-SEVEN?

They're mostly science and you might find them boring. The threads talk about how industrialized animal husbandry practices and factory farming create diseases along with resistance to human anti-bacterial and anti-viral medicines - about how culling millions of domestic fowl threatens poor peoples' food supply in places far away from the USA. They also outline how allowing these diseases to evolve is part of a larger corporate depopulation strategy and so on.

...and remember how TPTB were telling the world that 'swine flu' started in Mexico? ...I broke the story on ATS showing that no, the first human case of 'swine flu' was in the USA in Wisconsin in 1998. You know, boring, repetitive and meaningless stuff like that.

Here is what I remember from the mainstream news for the first pandemic:

And then you found ATS and some pertinent information, right?

The apocalyptic end did not come, and no one trusts the hype who "survived" the first "end of the world."

I've always pointed out that the real danger is not the fatality rate - it's the huge number of survivors who 'survive' to suffer chronic disease, debilitation and disability - and threaten to bankrupt nations and insurance corporations.

Do I need to post this sixty-seven more times to catch up?

Nope. Just read a bit of the background. There's a lot of good stuff there, I promise. ...And it does help explain exactly why and how the flu 'hype' is really all about prepping us to accept quarantine, euthanasia and depopulation.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lellomackin

FYI - it's the super-drugs that create super-flus and super-bugs.

Also - governments are really pushing for vaccines, but none seem to work. Same problem methinks (vaccines create new diseases just like other drugs do by forcing adaptation and evolution). But there isn't any real solution to any of our ills except vaccines, so governments bow at the vaccine altar.

...There's even a new prion vaccine in the pike! Prions are infamous for causing Mad Cow disease, but also cancer, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Lou Gehrig disease, as well as some other common illnesses, including type II diabetes.

Amorfix chief scientific officer Neil Cashman said their discovery that exposure of prion protein targets in prion disease and cancer provides a strong rationale for pursuing vaccine approaches to these two important diseases in animals and human beings.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celestica
Canada and Russia being Virus free -- It probably has to do with the climate of that area, if I recall correctly most virus' have a hard time surviving the cold, which is why hospitals are generally cold.

edit on 30-8-2011 by Celestica because: re-read the article

Bird flu needs a higher temperature to survive.

My main concern during the H1N1 pandemic was that it would lend some genetics to H5N1.

H1N1 was a pandemic. Maybe it didn't kill enough people for you personally, but that isn't a diagnostic criteria.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

I live in Asia, why haven't I heard anything about this?

Just wondering?

My conspiracy sense in tingling.

You really haven't heard anything?!? ...Hmmm. The info is out there. Has been for a long while.

H5N1 'bird flu' hit the news when it appeared in Hong Kong in 1997 - and has been endemic in Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia and Egypt at least since around 2003 - huge efforts were mounted to contain its spread. Now, many are blaming migratory birds for the current situation.

FAO says bird migrations over the past two years have brought H5N1 to countries that had been virus-free for several years, including Israel, the Palestinian territories, Bulgaria, Romania, Nepal and Mongolia.

Wild birds may introduce the virus, but people’s actions in poultry production and marketing spread it,” said FAO’s chief veterinary office Juan Lubroth in urging greater preparedness and surveillance.

Here are some old overviews:

Since December 2003, highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza viruses have swept through poultry populations across Asia and parts of Europe. The outbreaks are historically unprecedented in scale and geographical spread. Their economic impact on the agricultural sector of the affected countries has been large. From December 2003 to mid-July 2005, outbreaks of avian influenza A(H5N1) in poultry occurred in nine countries (Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, the Republic of Korea, the Lao People's Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Thailand and Viet Nam). Since late July 2005, outbreaks in domestic poultry as well as wild birds have been reported in the Russian Federation, Kazakhstan, Romania, Mongolia, Turkey and Croatia. In addition, during this period outbreaks in poultry have increased again in Indonesia, Thailand, Viet Nam and China.

Three contiguous WHO regions – Western Pacific, South-East Asia and Europe – now have H5N1 activity in wild fowl and poultry stocks. Evidence shows that the H5N1 virus is most likely endemic in many parts of Asia. It has established an ecological niche in poultry, making it extremely difficult to control outbreaks. Outbreaks have recurred despite aggressive control measures, including the culling of more than 140 million poultry as of September 2005.

Avian influenza caused by H5N1 in Asia was initially recognized in Hong Kong in 1997. …H5N1 avian influenza resurfaced in December 2003 initially in South Korea, with additional outbreaks reported in January 2004 in Vietnam, Japan, Thailand, Cambodia, and China.

...To date, the following countries have reported outbreaks of H5N1 avian influenza:
Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Russia, Kazakhstan
Mongolia, Turkey, Romania, Croatia

The unprecedented rapid spread of H5N1 avian influenza across East Asia and now reaching Europe has been alarming to international health organizations, and efforts to contain its spread are ongoing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join