It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were to run a compass style across from one continent to the other?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Platform or shall we term Lazy Susan? And with cargo containers that have magnetic north and south should be rotated after dead center? What would happen? What happens to a compass when you turn it? I can keep that up for hours.
edit on 30-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
When you turn a compass the needle should keep pionting to magnetic north. Providing there are no strong magnets nearby to contaminate the reading. But I can't fathom what this has to do with shipping containers? Explain further?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Then how about asking him to explain further, rather than insulting his thread?

I, too, am confused to what the OP is trying to say. Could you please explain further?
edit on 8/30/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalbluco
reply to post by boncho

I, too, am confused to what the OP is trying to say. Could you please explain further?

No you cant ask him to explain further....
you can just insult the thread,
he has posted numerous posts like this today and they are all mostly gibberish, they also start as a heading and flow into a thread, which makes it difficult to follow his idea's

One is a mistake,
two is ripping the p
three/four/five is mad gibberish that should be deleted, it cannot be that hard to sit, form your thoughts and post all his science thoughts in the one thread called, my slightly outside the box views on science with precise explanations, you dont pay per letter that you post on here, no reason to rush a thread!
edit on 30-8-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
removed- I read the post above wrong and replied too quickly. I said I should deny ignorance and research the guy who started the thread. Wanted to edit that part back in so you know what I removed.

Everyone has a different thought process. Perhaps this guy could be a genius and just have trouble explaining what he means. Hopefully he can clear it up some.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
my guess is as long as the containers had nutral boyancy, and nothing blocking its movement, then yes, they would act like a compass in my opinion... if thats what the post was asking!?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I guess I should deny ignorance and actually research the guy who posted the thread.

Sorry for my mistake. Please forgive me.

Not a problem, alot of the time i get really annoyed with people needlessly being a prick on here, seems to be a trend at the moment,

however i had just came out of another three posts by the user and was going to post somthing to similar vain of boncho before i seen your post i thought i better let you know so you dont seem like the guy defending the lunatic

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
i think its saying..

imagine a cargo container were magnetized and then you floated it from the north pole to the south pole what would happen when it hits the center

but i dont know

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
i think its saying..

imagine a cargo container were magnetized and then you floated it from the north pole to the south pole what would happen when it hits the center

but i dont know

Nah i think he's saying you could create perpetual motion using magnatism

i dont think he explained it well, i think he means using two cyclinders one within the other with counter magnetic fiels at one point in each, if you tuned one the other would always turn with it, so you could create perpetual motion in theory,

but i think he is suggesting the outside cylinder being the earth as it is already moving continously...

i think

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
All of those "off topic" posts.

I am wondering-- how, exactly, can anything be off topic on this thread?

So, I take a map. I run the compass style from one continent to another, being careful not to dull the stylus on those shipping containers, and watching the compass for hours on end, then...

Then...

Finish that thought without going off topic. I dare you!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It seems, from the dissecting done by other posters, that the OP is into perpetual motion/free energy and has many ideas that aren't coming out in a legible manner. All of these could potentially put in the same thread, but it seems OP's brain is a bit on overdrive atm lol. Im kind of the same sort of thinker, but ive learned how to put my thoughts in a bit more organized manner in order to get a message across.....essays were my bane in high school, good ideas, difficulties explaining them.
If the issue is important enough OP I hope you decide to break it down for the rest of us who are new to these ideas.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It would move with Earth making somewhat free energy from the motion of the arrow (deep) Op if you can please direct please. If I am reading it right.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Movements like those in the watches that recharge from moving wrist?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
After reading 4 threads started by the OP I must ask if he is using some cheap scrambling translation program and having someone else read the ATS replies to him? Maybe if he would post in his native language then ask an ATS'er to translate for him, we could get a better overall idea of his thoughts. After raising 6 children I have some experience with translating gibberish into intent, but several posts by the OP have been far beyond my meager ability to discern. There could be the solution to all the worlds problems in there somewhere, but how could you tell...lol

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The dog barks at midnight.

And what happened to the thread owner?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

reply to post by boncho

No you cant ask him to explain further....
you can just insult the thread,
he has posted numerous posts like this today and they are all mostly gibberish, they also start as a heading and flow into a thread, which makes it difficult to follow his idea's

One is a mistake,
two is ripping the p
three/four/five is mad gibberish that should be deleted, it cannot be that hard to sit, form your thoughts and post all his science thoughts in the one thread called, my slightly outside the box views on science with precise explanations, you dont pay per letter that you post on here, no reason to rush a thread!
edit on 30-8-2011 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

Maybe its easy for you, but did you ever stop to think that maybe everyone isn't like you? Cause if not then I got news for you, there are all kinds of different people in this world. It's just sad that when a group of people come across one person who is different than them, they feel the need to single this person out for ridicule. The fact that there are many different people is a Good thing. It's part of what makes life so beautiful. For members to assault this person while they sit on their tower... Just answers the question of why we have so many problems in the world today. Too many of us still don't see the big picture, and are stuck in the primitive mind state of small minded savagery, ganging up on the one who has trouble speaking (imagine your child has a stuttering problem, and all the kids at school are making fun of him/her... that's what you are to me when you treat people like this, just another bully with deeply rooted emotional problems), and we will continue to be as savages until these people grow up... You people come across something that your great mind does not understand, and your first reaction is that it must be beneath you and therefore it must be treated as a bug to be squashed, and after battering the person who has done nothing to you, you feel a sense of pride and go around high fiving eachother like a bunch of backwoods hicks from the movie Deliverance who just got done raping one of them city boys with their crazy forward thinking ideas... That's why you will always be a small people, a primitive people, never standing at eachothers side for the betterment of mankind because its just too much fun poking fun at anything you aren't used to, whether any infraction has been comitted or not. Just shoot first and ask questions later.
Right on, high five!

*pulls my hand away at the last second*
Psych!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

i disagree....

There were numerous thread posted in a way the did have to be posted that way,

There was a joke made in another one of his threads about the mods not working late..

but your right.. everyone is diffrent, so lets let anyone post however they want in manic gibberish becuase they are different...

To heck with the rules of posting on this board and starting a thread!!

Really?

i dont need to justify myself to you, but i sent a u2u to the member in question explaining the Mods would end up killing his threads and if he took a little more time constructing his threads his idea's are relativley interesting and somthing i enjoy talking to him about, and would like to be able to follow a bit better as i have also in other threads of his explained my thoughts of perpetual motion. actually you'll see if you have a look into the other threads he posted, i tried to explain to other people he was talking about perpetual motion when they had missed the point of the thread he had made.

Thing is if you are posting a thread where at a guess you are looking for input from users and discussion of your ideas, you should at least try and for a thread in a way where people can do sucha thing, i mean at least, a heading then the body of your thread instead of it all running together from heading to body of the post, makes it hard to follow, an thus opens it up for people to ridicule, now as i said, one thread could be excited about some idea he had just had, but three threads within minutes of each other all varients of the theme of perpetual motion could have been a well structured and interesting thread and subsequently talking point.

So as i said, i Disagree

Just my thoughts

Also.. he wasnt in a hurry to post here.. not like it was the last second.. then after he posted he didnt stick around to continue conversation... so its not like people could have got lots of info relevant to these thoughts,

if you like it or not this is an internet based user generated forum, so thats why everyone is expected to make the effort, its why the french people on here dont post in french, its why if you talk about somthing like string theory or frequency you are expected to provide links explain the details to those who dont understand, much like youtube video's without a summary on here or someone saying i seen a UFO vid and not providing the Vid, you are expected to make the effort to make the reading easy for the other users, put forward your idea's in a methodical manner... otherwise dont post.. it really isnt too much to ask

And for the OP if you really have a problem posting and forming statements others can read.. send me allll your info on your thoughts, every little bit and i will work through it and make a post for you.
edit on 31-8-2011 by GonzoSinister because: also

top topics

<<   2 >>

join