It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Marrs talks about the media's fear of Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
The only reason I know of Ron Paul is because of ATS

Pretty much the same here, UK MSM only ever mentions Perry, Palin and Bachmann (even then, US politics and the 2012 race is rarely mentioned).

Jim Marrs seems pretty cool and intelligent though, has he updated his special ATS section recently or not had enough time to write anything?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by adraves
Okay you are ready. The truth is, MSM does not need to be fair and balanced (but they used to be and there are threads on it). Eventually these companies can do what they want.

MSM are companies just trying to get ratings and money. They are companies. Fair enough. They need profit.

The sad part is Ron Paul has never brought in ratings, so he is of no importance to them in the past, so why start now? I don't feel like it is an active coverup. He is still talked about and heard, maybe more than others.

How DARE you bring some common sense into the discussion!

If a news agency is owned by the government or the public, as in the CBC in Canada, they must be transparent and unbiased.

If they are a privately owned or publicly traded company, they only must be truthful. There is no laws or expectations that they show a fair, balanced picture of events and stories. What do you people not understand about how businesses work? They are here to make profit and possibly to push their own agenda. If FOX is owned by Murdoch, why wouldnt we expect it to be biased? He wants to make money and advance his Republican ideology, same as MSN is a democrat source.

The moral of the story is, do your own research and dont believe everything you read. And no, im not endorsing these companies, only telling it like it is.
edit on 30-8-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I'll admit that too. Who the heck is he and what are his view's?
Honesty please thats why I come to ATS is to cut through the B.S.

BTW, Havent voted since GORE. And still ticked lmao

LOTZA LUV
~+~@

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The GOP establishment and the FCM (fawning corporate media.) have been trying to marginalize Dr.Paul for years now,it's not shocking to me that they are following the great American tradition of ignoring it and it will go away.If they did that to any of the handpicked candidates you would hear howls of outrage from every direction.The people who whine about Ron Paul are the same ones who cry when the person they were duped into voting for turns around and pretty much follows the same agenda as the previous figurehead.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

What do you people not understand about how businesses work? They are here to make profit and possibly to push their own agenda.

Once again, we're not talking about "Dancing With the Stars" here! We're talking about 'news'.
I understand that ratings are important. This isn't about ratings.
I understand that FOX is biased toward the 'right' and MSNBC is biased toward the 'left'.

We're talking about a group of sinister people controlling the news media for a sinister purpose.
If they don't want something to be made public, it won't get shown. Or, even worse, they will
distort or twist the story so that the truth remains unknown. That's why Jim Marrs recently said:
"I'm ashamed of my profession......journalism." It's because he knows what's going on!

You made the point that one should take what one sees on the news with a grain of salt, and do one's own research. What if the truth has been so hidden, or so twisted by those in control, that we don't have access to it any more? This is what the thread's about, and what Jim Marrs is talking about,

top topics

<< 1   >>

join