It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jumping on the downtrodden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
We have all heard the expression "Kick a dog when he's down".

Humans have a lot of horrible characteristics - and kicking someone when they are down is one of them.

There is a poor-bashing thing which is becoming widespread.

Why don't we lift up our brother? Because we would rather kick him in the face.

Is this attitude going to save humanity? No. We have written the end to humanity because we are too horrible to each other.

Do we deserve this beautiful planet? No, we do not, because we continue to wreck it.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Nobody is kicking the poor while they are down. My problem is with the government taking my money by force, effectively confiscating hours and days out of my life that I will never get back, and giving that money to people too lazy to get off the couch. I believe charity should be personal. Being personal, whether individually or as a small group, leads to real accountability for the receiver of charity. It motivates the giver/s to actually teach the person to fish instead of just giving him/her one every day. Government is impersonal, faceless, and bureaucratic. They waste as much of the money as they give away. Most importantly, they destroy the fabric of society by encouraging sloth and parasitism.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Is it acceptable to bash the rich, then?
We don't want to harm the "poor" but is this more about putting a dollar figure on who we can bash? If not, then why limit it to just the poor?
Why cant it be more about general civility instead of putting a fiscal qualifier on it?
Just thought I'd mention it.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I would like to particularly point out the 2nd verse

In case your german isn't good enough: here it is in english(Adaption by Charles Kerr)[it's better in german]:

We want no condescending saviors
To rule us from their judgement hall
We workers ask not for their favors
Let us consult for all.
To make the theif disgorge his booty
To free the spirit from its cell
We must ourselves decide our duty
We must decide and do it well.

new topics

top topics

join