It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Elenin Disintegrating? Looks like it!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Maybe its smaller ships coming off the mothership?!!

Or could be the two meteors that burn 1/3 of vegetation across the world whilst the other makes 1/3 of the waters bitter in Revelation???!!!

Exactly 1/3 of course.

8 Then the second angel sounded: And Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. 9 And a third of the living blood. And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed Third Trumpet: The Waters Struck    10 Then the third angel sounded: And a Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. rivers and on the springs of water. 11 rivers and on the springs of water The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

edit on 28-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Maybe NASA isn't lying. After all one man's comet could be another man's asteroid. There is also a blurred distinction between a gas giant and a brown dwarf iffin' I recollect clearly.

You believe the things I write here don't you? I'm wearing a military garment covered by a suit and tie, then lab coat, standing in front of an American flag. There are letters after my name.

FOLLOW UP "Elenin is a new comet". Leonid seems to feel that the comet has an orbit of 11,000 years. Another fellow was posting on this site and quoting an "expert" that the comet had an orbit of 100,000 years. The general consensus feels that the comet has an orbit of about 3500 years and has been here before and before and before.........
edit on 28-8-2011 by yourmamaknows because: follow up

edit on 28-8-2011 by yourmamaknows because: spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I think he's talking about this image -

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

The general consensus feels that the comet has an orbit of about 3500 years and has been here before and before and before.........

The general consensus is that it is a long period comet that has probably never been here before. The 3,600 year period is only believed by people who cannot tell the difference between the mythical planet Nibiru and a comet.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AmazonOfArtemis

I think he's talking about this image -

Yes, there has been a lot of confusion caused by that photo. What appear to be blinking lights are actually stars that seemed to move relative to the comet. The photo was made by "stacking" several exposures together to get a better image. The blinking effect is the result of these different layers.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

The general consensus feels that the comet has an orbit of about 3500 years and has been here before and before and before.........

The general consensus is that it is a long period comet that has probably never been here before. The 3,600 year period is only believed by people who cannot tell the difference between the mythical planet Nibiru and a comet.

The heart sees what the mind cannot. Good news! A poker room for US players is up and running. Will sign up, log in and be on the electronic felt today! Thank you Lord.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Leonid Elenin, on his site, Spaceobs.com seemed to feel the "comet" had a 10,000 plus year orbit. Perhaps you can contact him and set him straight. A Russian! (learn to read a little faster)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AmazonOfArtemis

Like DJ said, that's due to staking of the images to get a clearer picture of Elenin.

Here's another example:

That's comet NEAT.

edit on 28/8/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Molimo
reply to post by sir_slide

Even if elenin was disintegrating that doesn't mean its over there is still going to be a major change comet or no comet

Major change? What sort of major change do you refer to?
I hate to be "that" person, because I'm all for a good mystery, but I'm curious about what/which you speak.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

This is what I'd like to know, if its disintegrated, as in like, you know....disintegrated....how can it still be dangerous? And attributing ANY changes happening on earth right now to this tiny comet is really silly in my opinion....what is the basis for this?? I dont get it.

ETA: There seems to be a lot of debate about how often it is supposed to come about, are people confusing Elenin with the Mayan prophecy? If people say it comes around every 3,600 years then I feel they may be confused...IS there any evidence that it has come about before?
edit on 28-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
the only thing bothering me right now is how ignored this thread is

nice find Sir - I only heard about it this morning - did a search, and you beat me to it by 2 days

here was the article I read
Comet Elenin Could Be Disintegrating (universetoday)

LOL guess thats what happens when you throw ice at the sun

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Cheers Forever, I kinda think it deserves a little more attention than it's getting personally, I guess people prefer the destruction of civilization to a steady future. Thanks for contributing, your input is always greatly appreciated.

Sir Slide

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
S&F mate! Damn important thread

I guess it is quiet because most of the members on here were actually WANTING it to be a brown/turquoise dwarf, Nibiru/Subaru or some crap and you kind of get the feeling that (for some unknown retarded reason) these people actually wanted an end of the world event.

Lets hope this really is breaking up and continues to do so.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Just a reminder: reports of Comet Elenin's demise may be premature. Although it is certainly possible that it is breaking apart, it is also possible that a gust of solar wind swept the coma away and it is slowly growing back. I mention this possibility now to anticipate the "Oh no! Elenin is suddenly getting brighter" threads.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

LOL always thinking aren't you D!
you're one of my favorite Elenin people
I could only wish I was half as smart as you are on the topic ♥

To Sir - I did a search to see if it made breaking news, it hadn't, but while I was posting, someone else beat me to it
The word will get out

Current active discussion in breaking News: www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA: seems like they're going with 1 of 2 scenarios now
1. now we'll get hit with smaller, but MORE debris
2. if not debris, we'll get hit with "fumes"? that may contain an alien virus

oh ffs
edit on 30-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is music to my ears! Something finally happened regarding this comet that doesn't spell DOOM!
It will be interesting to see what happens (if anything) at the end of September. Then this will FINALLY and hopefully be over with!
Nice Find OP! S&F!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I recall somebody having a dream that the comet would disappear from view then appear once more...

Following the comet was something large that passed very close to the earth with a lot of debris surrounding it.

It will be interesting to see if this dream comes to pass.

I just found the dream:

edit on 30-8-2011 by XplanetX because: added video

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Flying Sorcerer

Cheers mate!

It is funny how people want the world to end isnt it? Maybe they hate their lives....maybe they want an end to the system that rules us....who knows. Thanks for the response mate!

reply to post by my3911

That's what I was thinking, finally something to end all the gloom around here. It is interesting that the doom sayers haven't really showed up yet to try and 'debunk' this, I expect many people may want apologies if this is accurate. Cheers for the response!

edit on 31-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Comet Elenin is supposed to be bigger than Jupiter with it's Coma growing from the suns energy blasting it.

I don't think that was ever true. It's tail should extend for thousands and thousands of miles.. but this sounds like you are saying the comet itself is supposed to be bigger than Jupiter which is of course ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The picture you are showing as example for over exposure is clearly different then the picture shown.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join