It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world It's not real it's all a god damm simultation. Think sim city

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think this reality is as real as it gets. I believe we all begin in the same state of mind at birth but that the environment we are introduced into determines our lifepath. every single bit of information is subconsciously stored in the mind therefore creating the individuals basis of reality.

basically my point is it is not odd to assume we are living in a simulation if we have aged with this technology and have the understanding on programs and computing capabilities just as easily as we can relate space travel with star wars.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Why are you making fun of him? He need a doctor? you meen a psychiatrist?
This world is insane, in nearly all aspect of life, we are either deseased or just plain stupid.

His bealief is a belief, and like any other you can reject it or accept it, you dont insult peoples bealiefs.

So what iff it its a "simulation", do you think maybe you could find an advantage in this?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by donniedeath

Unteresting theory... If thats the case then I want the money cheat please...

I saw another thread touchinmg on this topic.. Its pretty intresting. I nstead of simcity it was compared to a holodeck from startrek.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Search4Truth420

High blood pressure can cause these visuals. I speak from experience.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I was thinking about this today.

If we are in a simulation - which I think is a good chance, good as being created by God (programmer perhaps), is there a way to be fully aware of this and fully take control of our reality? Re-program aspects of it?

There are constants right? eg - Pi, the speed of light, etc which in effect allow the universe to exist.

I see the effect of quantum entanglement as a sort of pointer (as in programming) hence this is why no matter the distance, one electron or molecule has a direct effect over another.

Perhaps the power of observing in the quantum world changes things.... maybe the unobserved molecules (all acting the same - as a constant) do not come into existence until observed (an object created from a class template in programming giving it variables), hence changing the outcome. This could save on 'computing power' and memory in the simulation.

All in all, I do not think we will ever be aware we are actually in a simulation much the same as a "Sim" in Sim-City knows.

Hope my post isn't too confusing!

Cheers

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
In the case of our Life is just a Simulation
i need to say "Bravo" because it is a nearly perfect one!

I recommend you a visit at your local Doc
and when everything is okay leave for India
stay there for a few Month
and see how the Reality will manifest her self!

You will discover it for sure

India, incredible India

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by IdeaLogical
There are constants right? eg - Pi, the speed of light, etc which in effect allow the universe to exist.

Pi, the speed of light, etc do NOT allow the universe to exist and are only ARBITRARILY constant.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Some aspects of inconsistency make me think this may be a possible explanation for how the universe works. Many times it seems rather pointless if it's not a game. But then it would also reveal "the epic troll god" is in charge. Google that meme if you haven't already. (The devil or whatever you'd want to call it is just the one and same holding up a different mask while saying "No, it's not me! I hate that other guy!"
With that kind of power, stirring up a false dichotomy to create drama would be ridiculously easy.)

Of course you'd argue that you could do better. That you'd be much more fair and benevolent... However...

I've played the Sim City games, and I've seen others play as well. We'll be doing everything to make our sims thrive... But then... Then... Boredom creeps in.

You know how it goes from there.

Chaos, disruption, destruction, it's all part of the fun. It wouldn't be as entertaining if those options weren't there. People that honestly and wholeheartedly claim to love their sims can be ultimately cruel. Afterall, it's not real and what are the consequences?

Now imagine that with seemingly infinite time to screw around with.

The idea about reality being a simulation also leaves me wondering whether there's any map-hacks, 'sploits, and stuff like buffer overflows that we could make use of. Can we tweak our own stats and variables in ways not intended in normal gameplay? Is there anything that can be done to break the sandbox in some regard? (If your own sim started making up its own rules - would you keep playing in order to see what the heck it does, or would you consider it corrupted and do a re-install?) Also how locked down is the game for the one that may be playing it, if indeed there is an ultimate player? Would source code and debug mode be available for the one supposedly in charge?

This is why I think the universe is a funny place. I can only laugh when pondering these kinds of things.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jamesthegreat

What's stopping you from being greedy and evil in this one. Opportunity & temptation is all around you.

If reality is like the SIms, then we must be playing the special nightmare edition.
I think our once perfect reality has been hijacked by some evil malevolence.

There's many different theories as to what reality is, but being a simulation is probably the most plausible, but unfortunately it can't be proved either way.

Are We Living in the Matrix?
www.ipod.org.uk...

Scary thought, our entire universe exists within a blackhole.

www.tgdaily.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IdeaLogical

I've thought the same myself. If reality is a simulation, I assume it must be running on a very powerful, quantum super computer, so that would make us the software or artificial intelligence. We are all creators, blissfully living a life of creating, while wondering who we are and where we came from. We'll probably create quantum super computers & simulations of our own and fill them with AI to help us answer these questions, which then poses the question. Just how many simulations are there? It's all simulatons within simulations. The only way we could interact with the simulation above us, is if the inhabitants of that reality uploaded our AI into their reality. Sounds like a very bad idea.

Then again I'm probably way off the mark as to what reality really is and I doubt we will ever know for sure.

www.ipod.org.uk...

edit on 31-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join