It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Union refuses to recognise Libya's new TNC government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Libya's transitional National Council (TNC) suffered a setback in its pursuit of legitimacy yesterday when the African Union (AU) refused to recognise it as being the country's legitimate government.

The TNC has been recognised by more than 40 countries, including some African states, but divisions remain within the African Union, some members of which were heavily bankrolled by the Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi until he was ousted by the rebels earlier this week.

Source

The AU decided not to recognize the rebels... very interesting. Although they do say that they are waiting for the fighting to end.. still seems as though they are trying to send a message that the do not think the NWO/NATO/UN Libyan war is just and they recognize that the new government being installed by the west is just another puppet to aid the west in pillaging the country for resources! I was thinking the other day that you might see who is really on which side by waiting to see which countries decide to acknowledge the TNC as the new government of Libya...

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

From your link

The TNC has been recognised by more than 40 countries,

Ah yes recognised by more than 40 puppet western countries there i fixed it for you here i am not surpised they didnt recognised them yet i think america will force them to do sadly If the African Union was smart they would sent military forces to aid gaddafi.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Gaddafi wanted a more independent Africa which was less dependent on The West. That's why the West want him dead so that they continue to rape African resources for cheap and hold the odd "charity event" to raise money for the poor people - which hardly ever get to the poor people because the aid is stolen and resold by clandestine NATO funded groups.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

with china having resource contracts in africa and a substantial investment in libya, it will be interesting how revenue streams and continuation of contracts plays out.
f

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Respect, someone had to say NO at the Western Imperialism... So many people have died, and the Western Media blames Gaddafi, as if NATO did not bomb the place for the last 6 month to ground level. It's despicable, all those rebels were armed and organized by NATO, how is this a rebel force? This war was stretched to the limit. Why is NATO not held accountable?

Who thinks the new regime will be better is blind, have you seen the new TNC government? They all speak English like the come from some British University, that is a puppet of the West. No national pride, nothing, Gaddafi was a real leader, not perfect, but he took a country made of nomads and made it the most developed in Africa, the Western media forgets this. This war and the scale to which it arrived is the sole responsibility of the West. They wanted Gaddafi out due to his ambitions that went against the West, too bad the people had to pay for it.

There was so much propaganda from the West, I was shocked. We live in a bubble if we think we are the "good" guys.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Wow a bunch of absolutely ridiculous comments.

It's amazing how dishonest and willfully naive some people here are. A lot of those African Union countries were in debt to Gaddafi and buddy-buddy with him and many are run under authoritarian governments and dictatorships in their own right. No wonder they won't acknowledge a government that overthrew their own dictator and someone who rewarded fellow African despots handsomely.

So yes, let's continue to cheer on the AU and it's freedom-loving rulers who clearly are only doing this because the West is unjust and they are righteous.

Deny ignorance...yeah right.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
funny how people are constantly claiming USA is raping the resources.

anybody married or engaged? where do you think those rocks came from?

exactly. Yo, me, and everybody around us pay for resource raping everyday. Whether it is made from slave labor, sweat shops, pillaged mineral pits where people die searching for rocks, oil fields tank rolled, etc. etc.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanescence

It's amazing how dishonest and willfully naive some people here are. A lot of those African Union countries were in debt to Gaddafi and buddy-buddy with him and many are run under authoritarian governments and dictatorships in their own right. No wonder they won't acknowledge a government that overthrew their own dictator and someone who rewarded fellow African despots handsomely.

and now the African Union will act as a puppet to america, no one in the African Union will now stand agaisnt americas military conquest

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Yeah right, let me tell you a nice analogy that I liked.

Replace:

Libya with USA
France/UK/USA/The West with China and Asia in general

Now how would you feel if China and Asia would ask the American continent to not recognize Obama and install a Chinese backed government in USA. Would Canada agree? Mexico? etc.? You feel the analogy? Hell no.

Africa has its own way, why does the West think they are any better? If China and Russia would bomb Canada and Mexico, you think USA would agree to any demands made by them? Out of fear maybe... Africa has long been a puppet of the West, they can't fight, I am sure no African nation would last as long as Gaddafi did if in a similar situation. Those rebels were no real rebels or freedom fighters, they were NATO militia. They do not represent the Libyan people, and THAT is the biggest problem. UN made a huge mistake giving clearance to what happened, it was all a propaganda lie and UN bought it.

It will take 10 years to rebuild Libya they say. To rebuild it to the levels when Gaddafi was in power!!! How is that progress!? And who will rebuilt the country? Western corporations of course, with what money? Libyan oil money! How much oil money will get to the people in Libya now? Much less than when Gaddafi was in power.

Again the Libyan people lose everything out of this war while NATO countries pillage everything. This is the truth and you are naive to think otherwise.

The West is the biggest hypocrite, it preaches freedom and justice, while all its actions do otherwise. Its realpolitik it its purest form, has nothing to do with freedom or justice, those are propaganda tools. There is nothing MORAL in this war or its outcome. But of course NATO did it because of moral reason, how can Gaddafi kill so many people and not held accountable. We have to do something about it, let's bomb that country and kill more people and incite to more violence, yay.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

so, from four replies you have determined that we are dishonest and wilfully naive.
point me in the direction of a non-corrupt government if you please, anywhere.
you post as if you have a phd in geopolitical studies coupled with superior intellect.
if you have all the answers please do educate us deemed dishonest and wilfully naive members and
put us in our place.
i am all for honest opinion but i take note of members who decide they are superior to anyone else here.
f.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
That's ok.

There's many Americans that don't recognize Obama as being a legitimate Government either.

Bill Clinton and Congress passed an Apology Bill and passed it into law saying America stole Hawaii from it's people. And thus we aren't really their legitimate Government.

But we still run it. And the poor Hawaiian natives live in sticks and cardboard in the boonies while everyone else lives in their pristine places we constructed on.

So Libya can be our new Hawaii.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join