It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Survey: Origins & Evolution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by Amaterasu

This was difficult for Me to answer... It was very "black and white" - Humans were created by "supernatural being" or evolved.

The third possibility is that in part They evolved, and were given Their Beinghood by extraterrestrials. I have found enough evidence to suggest this is the most likely scenario.

Did you find any evidence on who created the extraterrestrials?

edit on 26-8-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

[grin] I would place that in the "evolution" category. Over all, I am a firm believer in evolution. I just believe that here, on Earth, We have a vaster and more interesting history than any We are taught in school. Humans, I am sure, were genetically manipulated.

link   

I THINK only THE CREATOR OF ALL knows this answer The GUT

link   
I dont want to put a quote wall here but i also miss the questions about other intelligent life forms.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

That just doesn't seem plausible to me. You can't take the writings of what may or may not have been a drug induced comatic dream as evidence for anything. As we ourselves show, it is as easy as making a machine to get gold. No need to create life.

Have you ever heard of planet cracking?

I'm pretty sure the whimpering cries of a cat I saw two days ago that had been run over but was still alive would ask for rights if it could talk. Being able to ask for rights is homocentric. If it's alive, it would probably prefer to stay alive. There isn't anything noble about humanity other than the fact that we can choose to be, but by default are not. That's why it took us so many thousands of years to become noble. We had to learn to get there.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

well you know that guys that like to fight only have to go to local pub and discuss religion or politics
the fight will be right on the way lol
learned that from some ausie in pearl back in the day and they liked to fight
and drink oh do not even mention the queen ( elton john i think )

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
absolutely LOVE the fact that this survey gave the option to combine the scientific theories with the spiritual ones. It is usually always presented in black and white terms - where you either believe in one or the other. i firmly believe in the science of how we got here and became what we are, but i also believe that those circumstances were initially set in motion by a "higher power," as i DO believe in the " God spark" and that there is an actual PURPOSE for it all-- and because of this, i am confident that life exists all throughout the Universe (or Multiverse, i don't discount that theory, either...), not just here on Earth.

fantastic survey, you guys have outdone yourselves! thanks for the options that actually DO reflect my opinion.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

i ask the vegans if that ear of corn screamed
its alive too is it not just as my steak had to grow

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have a problem with this poll.

It’s just too extreme one way or the other, for instance I personally believe the big bang happened as science tells us it did however that was part of a plan put in place by a higher being (God) as part of his plan. As part of that plan we evolved.

Also it does not give much way for people who hold other religious, cultural or scientific believes regarding creation and evolution.

This is survey.... FAILS.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RUNSILENT

Cells send of signals when presented with a threat. Just because it's not screaming, doesn't mean it isn't. "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream".

The fact that it doesn't have neurons doesn't mean it doesn't feel pain. That, too, is homocentric. When dealing with things living you cannot be so homocentric as to assume just because it doesn't have your parts doesn't mean it doesn't experience the same. Those cells send off signals. But it's a collectivism approach, not like the cells in your flesh, to which there is a much more defined hierarchy. Still all the same, biochemical receptors scream out with pulsating signals to resist heat, resist cold, keep alive. It's just not electrical.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

That option is there. You say you believe the big bang did it, but that the Earth was created. It's implied.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

right there with you man something created everything.

have to admit andi am going to steal a movie line from red planet "science cant answer ALL the really interesting questions"

science without a soulis like living without a heart
edit on 26-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

That just doesn't seem plausible to me. You can't take the writings of what may or may not have been a drug induced comatic dream as evidence for anything. As we ourselves show, it is as easy as making a machine to get gold. No need to create life.

Have you ever heard of planet cracking?

I'm pretty sure the whimpering cries of a cat I saw two days ago that had been run over but was still alive would ask for rights if it could talk. Being able to ask for rights is homocentric.

"If it could talk???" No, My dear, the concept of "rights" is one of Beings, not the lower levels of Consciousness. The cat would not have anything to say about rights, having no concept of such or the capability to understand its personal implications. And while We're at it, if We were chickens, We could lay eggs...

If it's alive, it would probably prefer to stay alive.

The instinct to live is hardly the same thing as formulating the concept of rights and the implications thereof.

There isn't anything noble about humanity other than the fact that we can choose to be, but by default are not.

In fact, when One examines the reasons for virtually all of the less than noble behaviors, money/power/energy is involved. Yes, Humans are saddled with an unnecessary system of energy exchange accounting, and it is true that the love of money (which We are led to from day one - "Be a doctor. They make LOTS of money!") is the root of all evil. And led as We are, it's a wonder We function as well as We do, most maintaining the three Laws, with societal manipulation that justifies any mass breaking of the Laws (i.e., war) so that the war suppliers can make money.

That's why it took us so many thousands of years to become noble. We had to learn to get there.

We have always been noble, swayed by Out hearts. Only when the energy flow was inefficient was money created to account for it, and the evil slipped in as some fell in love with it and abandoned the Laws in favor of profit.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have a problem with this poll.

It’s just too extreme one way or the other, for instance I personally believe the big bang happened as science tells us it did however that was part of a plan put in place by a higher being (God) as part of his plan. As part of that plan we evolved.

Also it does not give much way for people who hold other religious, cultural or scientific believes regarding creation and evolution.

This is survey.... FAILS.

the follow up questions i got, actually DID give an option for evolution being the means by which a supernatural being created life. that was what i liked about this survey.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

We also don't understand gravity, nor quantum mechanics. Should we as a species just not bother with those things?

See how that's a bad idea?

Just because it can't know, doesn't mean it doesn't have rights.

In fact, the instinct to live is the causality for the need of rights. It is the consensus of the human species that we would rather live than die. And in order to continue their rule, leaders have created the concept of rights and privileges in order to appease to this consensus. Once again, I am fairly certain our ne'er relatives homo erects had no ability to conceptualize the idea of rights, and yet I'm fairly sure they all agreed it was a good idea not to rape and pillage because even though at that level of evolution mankind had no ability to conceptualize the idea of rights, he lived by them knowing they were a wise idea.

We have always been noble, swayed by Out hearts. Only when the energy flow was inefficient was money created to account for it, and the evil slipped in as some fell in love with it and abandoned the Laws in favor of profit.

No actually. For there are many areas and many times in this Earth when man had plenty, and yet still had money and evil and no nobility. I can think of the time of the Minoans. When they crashed, the Mycenaean and Dorians, both got their lovely hands on the cities, but had no capacity to rule them. Minoans had plenty. Their new masters had plenty. Yet still, the uncivilized rulers chose to be brutal.

No, humanity has only ever been noble when he tries. As to being swayed by our hearts? This is not noble. This is weakness of self. You should never be swayed by your heart unless your mind gives you an ok on the logic backing it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The reason I answered neutral was because I do not know either way. And since I was not alive back then to observe first hand, I know that we don't know for sure yet.

You were not alive when Isaac Newton described gravity and the resulting Laws of Motion. Does this mean you do not believe in gravity?

That's rediculous.

I dropped my lighter, gravity has been proven.

Show me the proof of the Big Bang, Evolution, Religion's Beliefs, who or what created mankind etc.

You can't! It's not an observable phenomena, it happened long before we existed.

Gravity is observable at all times however. So of course I assume gravity exists and affects things at all times, because I have tons of evidence indicating that.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school
You were not alive when Isaac Newton described gravity and the resulting Laws of Motion. Does this mean you do not believe in gravity?

Doesn't Newtonian physics break down at the sub atomic level? The Newton Laws of Physics no longer apply at the quantum level.

So now we are basically back to philosophy and theories...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Too extreme to either side. This survey needed questions about divine manipulation such as genetic engineering for speaking of man and some domesticated animals and plants, instances that step outside the evolutionary processes to take things a bit further along. These are things we are now doing in day and age but I consider the possibility it was done on large-scale in ancient times. I don't rule out the possibility of some terra-forming processes done as well in order to fine-tune our environment.

Then there is the first paragraph of 6 Genesis where the "sons of god saw the daughter of man..." and so on. Your survey was a bit short-sighted in these regards. There should be a do-over.

edit on 26-8-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

This was difficult for Me to answer... It was very "black and white" - Humans were created by "supernatural being" or evolved.

The third possibility is that in part They evolved, and were given Their Beinghood by extraterrestrials. I have found enough evidence to suggest this is the most likely scenario.

[grin] I would place that in the "evolution" category. Over all, I am a firm believer in evolution. I just believe that here, on Earth, We have a vaster and more interesting history than any We are taught in school. Humans, I am sure, were genetically manipulated.

It's a testament to the wonder of "us" that all these things aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. The quantum physics theories in particular show promise in reconciling science and spirituality.

While I'm not Catholic or a supporter of Sitchin's overall thesis, I find the following exchange between the two fascinating and relevant to this discussion. An example of two opposing viewpoints moving towards each other.

As the last line in the following exchange between Zechariah Sitchin and Father Balducci suggest, "it seems to me that we are ascending the same stairway to heaven, though from different steps."

...As Balducci made clear, "Angels" are beings who are purely spiritual, devoid of bodies, while humans are made up of spirit and matter, but the spiritual part would be at "at a low level". Balducci then made the following provocative statement:

It is entirely credible that in the enormous distance between Angels and humans, there could be found some middle stage, that is beings with a body like ours but more elevated spiritually...

...However, when I personally interviewed Sitchin in Washington DC in 1995, his point-blank answer to the question of the genesis of the Anunnaki on their planet was "evolution."..

...Yet, with the writing of his last book in the Earth Chronicles series, Sitchin’s thinking had slowly evolved from this idea that the Anunnaki were products of evolution on their planet.

As he later began to explain it, the Anunnaki were "emissaries" of God. By the time he met Monsignor Balducci earlier this year, Sitchin had long made room for the possibility that the Anunnaki were carrying out "the Almighty God’s wishes and plans," and did not merely "come here for selfish reasons and to fashion us because they needed workers." We must wonder what has caused Sitchin’s change of heart.

As Balducci has argued,
"If such extraterrestrials were so involved, even by your own interpretation they had to do with Man’s physics, body and rationality; but God alone had to do with the Soul!"

Sitchin’s second book, which deals with
"Man’s aspiration to ascend the heavens," is titled The Stairway to Heaven. Sitchin ended his conversation with Msgr. Balducci by saying,

"it seems to me that we are ascending the same stairway to heaven, though from different steps."
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Atleast this survey will show you how many people here are going to become suicidal should their faith in a magic man be reduced to zero.

Im prepared to be very dissapointed with this community.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Atleast this survey will show you how many people here are going to become suicidal should their faith in a magic man be reduced to zero.

Im prepared to be very dissapointed with this community.

What about the amount of suicides when the Big Bang is revealed to be Creationism in disguise?

How's that one going to go over?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join