It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex With Neanderthals Made Us Stronger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
In light of Slayer69's new thread this is a very interesting article

There is NO DOUBT now that modern humans cross bred with both Denisovian and Neanderthal at the very least......

Now we see that recent studies show without doubt that cross breeding enhanced our immune systems at the very least......

Mating with Neanderthals and another group of extinct hominids, Denisovans, strengthened the human immune system and left behind evidence in the DNA of people today, according to new research.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f2bf5baafce.jpg[/atsimg]

If we are now accepting that interbreeding strengthened our immune systems then what else did it do???

We could of told them this couldn't we?

Human history was "a lot more complex and interesting" than previously thought, Svante Paabo, director of the Department of Genetics at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, told Discovery News

and lets not allow this to become a 'white man story'...

While Europe and Asia might now be viewed as a hotbed of interbreeding, modern humans who stayed in Africa appear to have been active interbreeders as well. Neanderthals and Denisovans weren't present, but other archaic human groups likely were. "Well established is that modern Africans have greater genetic diversity, overall, than the modern populations of other continents," Parham said. "This greater diversity is likely due to what was inherited from earlier forms of Homo, combined with interbreeding between different forms of Homo."

I recently wrote a thread that I didn't know where to put and it ended up dying a death but the idea behind the thread was that some of the religious texts and stories we still have MAY of in fact been methods of transferring other information in the form of memory tricks.... I do wonder now if some of the information stored in ancient stories might come from Neanderthals and Denisovians.....

I honestly believe that not only is human ancient history more complex and interesting than we have in the past believed but I believe that we have some of the evidence still in the form of religious stories....

link to story
link to Slayers thread
link to my thread

edit on 25/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

You gotta lose the caps.
Mods will have your arse.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Versa

You gotta lose the caps.
Mods will have your arse.

Sorry . Thanks for the input though

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Maybe, but it definitely created today's rednecks...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

".....and lets not allow this to become a 'white man story'... "

Trust me. I have NO problem with you making this just a "white mans " story. I implore you to leave the rest of us humans out of it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
sooo not attracted to the strong browed shallowed forehead and chin types.
call me shallow i guess

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

If we are now accepting that interbreeding strengthened our immune systems then what else did it do???

Don't you mean crossbreeding?

In my humble opinion, it did everything else as well. It helped a great deal with the whole process of evolution. All one has to do is look at sub-cultures within a main culture to see what inter-breeding, or inbreeding can do to a people. Take that old-school Mormon sect with ranches in Utah, Teas, and parts of Northern Arizona for example. What they do is inbreed and they've been doing it for a long time. There was a story that came out last year which showed medical proof that these sects that inbred had MUCH higher than average instances of birth defects. Both intellectual and physical defects.

I believe that crossbreeding helps the human race evolve, while inbreeding causes our overall growth to either stagnate or devolve. And I'm not just saying that because I had a child with a black woman. The signs are all around us.

edit on 25-8-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Good thread...now for a mind-bender, you should consider that we didn't necessarily *willingly* interbreed with neanderthal, but that we were in fact hunted and RAPED, and they are the evolutionary cause of our fear of the dark!

(cue evil laughter here)

If you've never checked it out, you should definitely look into the Neanderthal Predation theory. Not accepted by any means as mainstream, but definitely thought-provoking.

There's an existing thread with link to the main site on it here.

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

I totally agree with the first statement.

One of my best friends growing up was and still is 6ft 6 220-240lbs and fit yes I said fit and not fat. Hes a beast to say the least and its not just him either. His entire family is BEASTLY! (And ugly too for what its worth)

edit on 25-8-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by Versa

Trust me. I have NO problem with you making this just a "white mans " story. I implore you to leave the rest of us humans out of it.

...i second that emotion...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

...it stands to reason that crossbreeding enhances an immune system...

...however, in the homosapien vs neanderthal deal - before crossbreeding had a chance to enhance the immune system en masse - i suspect that the crossbreeding caused a lot of non-neanderthal women to die in childbirth if their baby had a neanderthal sized head...

...i dont know about other women but when i became of breeding age, i intentionally stayed well away from guys with a REALLY BIG head cuz, sooner or later, thats gonna mess ya up...

...seriously, the big head vs small shoot thang explains a lot of skull deformities (elongation)...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
That explains why I am hung like a neanderthal.

So is it even accurate then to consider us Homo Sapiens if all these species were interbreeding?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

In my humble opinion, it did everything else as well. It helped a great deal with the whole process of evolution....

Any REDNECK farmer could tell you that. You want to line breed to establish a trait and out cross to add vigor to your line.

It is the idiot city folk with the fancy show stock who end up with weakly stock full of genetic defects like Wobbles or hip dysplasia.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

[Looks at muscles]
[Thinks of X]
[nods to self]

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by underspace

So is it even accurate then to consider us Homo Sapiens if all these species were interbreeding?

Genetically it is about 4% in the white population. The Scientists figure the crossbreeding took place in the middle east before we spread to Eurasia.

It may be the reason we were able to adapt to the colder climates.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
More Info:

..."This confirms recent findings suggesting that the two populations interbred," Labuda was quoted as saying in a press release. His team believes most, if not all, of the interbreeding took place in the Middle East, while modern humans were migrating out of Africa and spreading to other regions.

The ancestors of Neanderthals left Africa about 400,000 to 800,000 years ago. They evolved over the millennia mostly in what are now France, Spain, Germany and Russia. They went extinct, or were simply absorbed into the modern human population, about 30,000 years ago.

Neanderthals possessed the gene for language and had sophisticated music, art and tool craftsmanship skills, so they must have not been all that unattractive to modern humans at the time....

The modern human/Neanderthal combo likely benefitted our species, enabling it to survive in harsh, cold regions that Neanderthals previously had adapted to.

"Variability is very important for long-term survival of a species," Labuda concluded. "Every addition to the genome can be enriching." news.discovery.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

..The modern human/Neanderthal combo likely benefitted our species, enabling it to survive in harsh, cold regions that Neanderthals previously had adapted to.

"Variability is very important for long-term survival of a species," Labuda concluded. "Every addition to the genome can be enriching."

news.discovery.com...

"Variability is very important for long-term survival of a species," Labuda concluded. "Every addition to the genome can be enriching."

THAT little statement is why Monsanto is so very very dangerous. You want your food to be from thousands of different varieties not one seed that is completely identical to all the others.

Seems we did not learn our lesson from the Irish Potato Famine.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Maybe, but it definitely created today's rednecks...

May I suggest you read LET THEM EAT GRASS!

I for one will not be feeding any one other than my own family starting in 2012. (I have over 100 ac) I will sell my last harvest shortly and suggest any other farmer here on ATS do the same.

I may be part "Neanderthal" but I am smart enough to quit feeding the ungrateful

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Yeah... no. As I posted on the origional thread way back on this. It is utter dingoes kidneys. To begin with the graphics don't even look like Homo neanderthalus. to counter ballance your comment, what happened if Homo sapiens was the one doing the raping instead? Devils advocate etc etc etc.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

In my humble opinion, it did everything else as well. It helped a great deal with the whole process of evolution....

Any REDNECK farmer could tell you that. You want to line breed to establish a trait and out cross to add vigor to your line.

It is the idiot city folk with the fancy show stock who end up with weakly stock full of genetic defects like Wobbles or hip dysplasia.

"That came out a little country, but every word was right on the money"

Honey Bee...........Blake Shelton

edit on 25-8-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join