It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Theory of Evolution a Conspiracy ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I ask that question because of part of the definition the word itself.

an agreement between persons to deceive, mislead

What if scientists know it's impossible, but they are too far down that intellectual path to back up at this point?

This quote made me think of this

A famous Russian scientist and professor...stated that living organisms cannot be a result of random mutations and natural selection...Simple bacteria can divide about every 20 minutes and have many hundreds of different proteins, each containing 20 types of amino acids arranged in chains that might be several hundred long. For bacteria to evolve by beneficial mutations one at a time would take much, much longer than three or four billion years, the time that many scientists believe life has existed on earth.

There was a thread on ATS within the last year where the OP made a magnificent case on this point and was atheist even, but having done the research based on what this scientist said, said that the currently taught theory of evolution is impossible given the time lines. It defied basic math and probability variables. Causing this individual to longer believe the currently held belief, held by most evolutionist atheists.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I do not know much about the subject but I saw a video that exposed how, if you worked in the field of science and believed any thing other then evolution you get fired and the govt wont let you get any grants. It was a while back, I wish i could post more information. Its a popular film i bet it will be posted.
edit on 25-8-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Hence the word "theory". It's just a scientific guess at how things came to be just like all the religious stories about creation. Nobody really knows, all we can do is make our best guess.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Where is your source? This sounds like something straight out of a creationist website. Defying basic math and probability? Most people don't understand probability and basic math to begin with.

If you could find the ATS thread you're referring to, it would make answering and address your OP much much easier.
edit on 25-8-2011 by novastrike81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

How many time does it have to be said?
The theory of evolution does not disprove the existence of God, it simply contradicts the bible, a book, written, compiled, edited, printed and distributed by MEN, in a hot country very far away from you, a long time ago.
A person can believe in evolution and still believe in God, get your head around that!
Stop trying to tie evolution and atheism together, it just proves that you can't handle something that goes against your dogmatic obsession with a book.

edit on 25-8-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
Hence the word "theory". It's just a scientific guess at how things came to be just like all the religious stories about creation. Nobody really knows, all we can do is make our best guess.

Shame on you, you've just gone and lied about the definition of a word, to suit your own agenda.

Even ANSWERSINGENESIS have more dignity than you.

Arguments that should be avoided ...
1. Evolution is just a theory. (“Theory” has a stronger meaning in scientific fields than in general usage; it is better to say that evolution is just a hypothesis or one model to explain the untestable past.)

www.answersingenesis.org...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

LMAO, I don't have an agenda, all I said is noone really knows how all this came to be. Thats all. I wasn't knocking anyones beliefs or anything.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

What if scientists know it's impossible

What part of: gradual change over time due to variations in genetics sounds impossible to anyone?

but having done the research based on what this scientist said, said that the currently taught theory of evolution is impossible given the time lines. It defied basic math and probability variables.

Your appeal to authority is that there was a thread, written by a former atheist, who was persuaded by bad math to reject evolutionary theory. REALLY?

We've got Creationists around the country working to get mythology taught as science in an open conspiracy but no, you must be right, it's evolution that's the conspiracy. Damn those scientists and their fact-based peer reviewed approach to science that relies on evidence to lead us to a conclusion, clearly that's the conspiracy... not folks who want our kids to be taught about a supernatural being piling together some dirt to make the first man.

Give me a break.

reply to post by billy197300

It's just a scientific guess at how things came to be

The word THEORY in science is more than just a guess. Sure in layman's terms it refers to a hypothesis or guess but in science a theory is a framework of facts, observations, conclusions. Theory, in science, refers to the strongest ideas in science, biology would break down and cease to function as a science without evolutionary theory.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d851ab31c9ed.jpg[/atsimg]

Nobody really knows, all we can do is make our best guess.

[sarcasm]Just like the Earth being round or flat, no one will ever know that, the religions and the scientists disagree on that but neither of them can assert any knowledge. Same thing with heliocentricity, heliocentricity is just a theory, so what if all the facts regarding our position in the solar system confirm it.[/sarcasm]

1) Simply because something is currently unknown doesn't mean we get to call all viewpoints on the matter
equal.

2) The bio-diversity of life is not unexplained - what mythology has to say on the matter is fascinating but irrelevant when it comes to the facts.

This kinda attitude boggles the mind

edit on 25-8-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I found the thread here is the OP comments

But truthfully, I have to admit to being a complete and utter atheist. I've long held the belief that the universe gets along quite nicely without having to invoke deities of one kind or another. This obviously means that I'm not a proponent of creationism or intelligent design if believing in either of them requires a belief in a deity.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Yeah I agree. There is no way traits are actually inherited nor do individuals actually reproduce differentially. Sex is just an elaborate ruse used by God to make us think evolution is actually true so he can test the small subset of the population that believes in the Judeo-Christian version of God. All other religions are a casualty of a tremendous joke.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Evolution to me is like looking at the sky and seeing it is blue.
I don't for the life of me understand why people have such issues with it.
It's not like MAN is the only one that has evolved and HOPEFULLY still is...but lately I wonder.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Don't you guys know? Satan planted all the bones and fossils to turn humans away from God. Duh, are you so blinded you can't see it?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Simple bacteria can divide about every 20 minutes and have many hundreds of different proteins, each containing 20 types of amino acids arranged in chains that might be several hundred long. For bacteria to evolve by beneficial mutations one at a time would take much, much longer than three or four billion years, the time that many scientists believe life has existed on earth.

A famous Russian scientist? What was his field? History? Clearly not biology at least. In general proteins consists of domains that are just arranged in different ways. It's not like every singe protein evolved from nothing one amino acid at a time. The main driving forces of protein evolution are gene duplication, recombination, and natural selection.

Also, where does OP postulate this conspiracy to take place? Is all genomics data fake? Are all fossils fake? Is the distribution of species over the Earth artificially created? Do doctors implant us with tailbones when we're born? I wonder, how many millions of people would have to be involved over many many centuries..
edit on 26-8-2011 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

Simple bacteria can divide about every 20 minutes and have many hundreds of different proteins, each containing 20 types of amino acids arranged in chains that might be several hundred long. For bacteria to evolve by beneficial mutations one at a time would take much, much longer than three or four billion years, the time that many scientists believe life has existed on earth.

A famous Russian scientist? What was his field? History? Clearly not biology at least. In general proteins consists of domains that are just arranged in different ways. It's not like every singe protein evolved from nothing one amino acid at a time. The main driving forces of protein evolution are gene duplication, recombination, and natural selection.

Also, where does OP postulate this conspiracy to take place? Is all genomics data fake? Are all fossils fake? Is the distribution of species over the Earth artificially created? Do doctors implant us with tailbones when we're born? I wonder, how many millions of people would have to be involved over many many centuries..
edit on 26-8-2011 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

What your dealing with here, as with 99% of these kind of debates, is scriptural interpretation. Creationists want to force everything they see, hear, touch, read, feel into a biblical context. It's like a toddler bashing a square peg into the round hole with his toy hammer. The bible says this and that, or rather some modern day site like 'answersingenesis' says that the bible says this and that, eg the earth is 6000 yrs old, therefore there must be a conspiracy because the bible can't be wrong can it??? Evolution is a favorite topic with creationists, I've been told that if I 'believe' in evolution then I must be an atheist, which is not necessarily true, I just see the bible for what it is......a book.
No amount of scientific proof, no amount of glaring evidence, no amount of reasoning will get you anywhere with these people, if the bible says it then thats it, period.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

All that may well be true....for bacteria. Which is why bacteria is still pretty much the same as its always been. But 1 billion years ago sex evolved and this was able to combine these random mutations in different much faster ways.

For bacteria asexual reproductive splitting it a slow process accumulating just one change at a time. Sexual reproduction combines many accumulated genetic mutations all at once in turn hastening the evolution of positive traits and breeding out deleterious ones.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
no (god forbid i say no to a yes or no question)
edit on 26-8-2011 by 200457 because: (no reason given)

PLEASE DO NOT EDIT MOD ACTIONS.
edit on Fri Aug 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Simple bacteria can divide about every 20 minutes and have many hundreds of different proteins, each containing 20 types of amino acids arranged in chains that might be several hundred long

Yes if it is "simple" then more complex life forms would take even longer.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Sex was not initially 'complex'. The requirement for two organisms to participate in reproduction instead of one doesn't require that much change. It is not until afterwards the complexity begins to really increase.

And once sexual reproduction evolved you now have entire populations acquiring genetic mutations at once and then recombining them through the population at an exponential rate. It is completely different to the slow progressive change of non-sexual reproduction. There has been more than enough time for just about anything to have evolved given the correct environment.

edit on 26/8/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

top topics

join