It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Comet Elenin cause the DC quake?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

I think it may have more to do with Earth-Sun-Venus, with Mercury not too far from the action.

But Mercury, Venus and Earth are not "aligned." Mercury and Venus find themselves on opposite sides of the Sun roughly every 500 days... do earthquakes fit that cycle?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Well i pooped myself yesterday do you reckon it was Elenin's gravitational pull? Could'nt be anything else

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

I think it may have more to do with Earth-Sun-Venus, with Mercury not too far from the action.

But Mercury, Venus and Earth are not "aligned." Mercury and Venus find themselves on opposite sides of the Sun roughly every 500 days... do earthquakes fit that cycle?

Read my post more carefully.

I said 'Earth-Sun-Venus', with Mercury not too far from the action.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I thought the earthquakes happened because Ron Paul finally exploded in which it alarmed the Annunaki on Elenin to fire their phased-harmonic anti matter particle accelerator at NORAD and the White House. Then we retaliated with a HAARP salvo to Elenin, but it bounced off our atmosphere and created hurricane Irene.

I'm right, right?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

could be. i bet a year ago you where calling people obviously stupid for thinking a star could eject water. just sayin!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You are assuming too much.

Elenin may or may not be what it is claimed to be.

Something more sinister may be following it.

Actually, you are the one who is assuming too much. All of the hard evidence favors Elenin being exactly what it appears to be, a comet. If something, sinister or dexter, were following it, it would be visible... so where is it?

Yes..And that is that it is a Comet with more Questions than Answers...I truly hope it is just a regular comet that comes without a surprise...I do really..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There have been no notable alignments this week. Past alignments have had less substantial effects on the planet. This is something new I think.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
also i expect much more of these threads as things continue to heat up. just a debunk thread with no discussion or collaboration. not saying i believe one way or another, just tired of these know everythings-who know nothing.
couple years ago this was a pretty awesome site with alot of insightful discussion. now. not sooo much, at least not from the current crowd pleasers. the crowd pleasers of then where much more intellectual.

where to go from here.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You are assuming too much.

Elenin may or may not be what it is claimed to be.

Something more sinister may be following it.

Actually, you are the one who is assuming too much. All of the hard evidence favors Elenin being exactly what it appears to be, a comet. If something, sinister or dexter, were following it, it would be visible... so where is it?

Yes..And that is that it is a Comet with more Questions than Answers...I truly hope it is just a regular comet that comes without a surprise...I do really..

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Maybe it was Comet Honda
A very good thread by the way. See what people come up with to tie the EQ too.
I don't think anyone had any predictions for this either.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
For those amongst us that are not trained cyborgs and are prepared to look at some alternative research. The recent quakes in Vanuatu and America were in fact predictable (Not the location, but the timing)

lanl.arxiv.org...

Earth-Sun-Venus.

Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
All this thread "proves" is that earthquakes happen independently and separate from planetary/comet/sun alignments, which was already obvious.

It does nothing to prove alignments don't cause quakes...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I said 'Earth-Sun-Venus', with Mercury not too far from the action.

Sorry. Earth, Sun and Venus are not "aligned." Since you seem to have a problem believing astronomers, why not take it from an astrologer:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/50b265bd95c4.jpg[/atsimg]

cafeastrology.com...

As you can see, on August 23, the Sun was at 29 ♌ 44 and Venus was at 1 ♍ 32. This puts them 2 degrees apart... which may be close enough for an astrologer, I suppose. Strictly speaking, the "alignment" would have been exact on the 16th:

Sun, Mercury, Venus Conjunction in Leo: Shiny, Happy People
Mon, 08/15/2011 - 10:57 am PST by Maria DeSimone

Let’s forget about all of the awful things happening around the world for a moment, shall we? Let’s try, just for a while, to remember that life is filled with cycles of joy, sorrow, challenge and victory.

And on August 16th we’re getting a lovely reprieve from last week’s horror show (remember that Mars-Uranus-Pluto tussle? Yeah, it’s all over now. Really it is). You can take off your boxing gloves and put your party shoes on now because . . . the Astrology of Tuesday is dazzling!

www.dailyhoroscope.com...

Funny... she didn't say anything about earthquakes. Why is that? Because not even astrologers believe Venus causes earthquakes!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

For those amongst us that are not trained cyborgs and are prepared to look at some alternative research. The recent quakes in Vanuatu and America were in fact predictable (Not the location, but the timing)

I have read Omerbaschich's paper and critiqued it in detail, several times, elsewhere. The "DC quake," as I showed above, happened a full week after the Sun-Venus-Earth alignment. Since there are over 100 6+ earthquakes per year, the odds are that one will occur on any given three or four day range. One is certain to occur in any given week!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

We had a near perfect alignment of Earth-Mercury-Sun-Venus on the 17th of August.

If you take the time to read the research paper, the alignment needs to be prolonged for the effect.

Use JPL to check this yourself:

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

The Vanuatu earthquake of 7.0 first occurred on the 20th of August, followed by the earthquakes in the US (caused by the initial displacement).

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutz4tom

On August 23, the northeastern seaboard of the United States was rocked by the most intense earthquake in over a century. Did an alignment between Comet C/2010X-1 Elenin and the Earth cause it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7529d209e39e.jpg[/atsimg]

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Obviously not. Apparently earthquakes just happen. Case closed.

Could its simply be that Elenins closer proximity is now also a Factor....no Longer simply alignment related?

Elenin could be a magnetar or some such object. Then it's close proximity could have an effect. Who knows? This would go along with a greater size of 14km rather than 4km. Could be! Your horse is still in the race! They're rounding the far turn.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

If you take the time to read the research paper, the alignment needs to be prolonged for the effect.

Pay attention, please. I have read the paper. It is a sham. The reason why His Royal Highness claims a three day window is because he knows that an earthquake is almost certain to occur in any three day period!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Pay attention, please. I have read the paper. It is a sham. The reason why His Royal Highness claims a three day window is because he knows that an earthquake is almost certain to occur in any three day period!

Just like those damned chillis, sometimes the after effects can be felt for days.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

Elenin could be a magnetar or some such object.

No, it couldn't:

A magnetar is a type of neutron star with an extremely powerful magnetic field, the decay of which powers the emission of copious amounts of high-energy electromagnetic radiation, particularly X-rays and gamma rays.[1] The theory regarding these objects was proposed by Robert Duncan and Christopher Thompson in 1992, but the first recorded burst of gamma rays thought to have been from a magnetar was detected on March 5, 1979.[2] During the following decade, the magnetar hypothesis has become widely accepted as a likely explanation for soft gamma repeaters (SGRs) and anomalous X-ray pulsars (AXPs).

en.wikipedia.org...

If it were a magnetar, earthquakes would be the least of our worries.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

reply to post by JaxCavalera

I'm not an Elenin supporter of doom or anything but at the same time, where is the logic with this post?

I suggest you go back and read the entire post.

What exactly would that achieve re-reading the entire post again? The missing logic in attempting to insinuate Elenin supporters are wrong because of the assumption that they will grab onto the 4.5 Quake and attempt to leverage it as pro doom evidence seems rather clear from a first read through. The lazy doom lovers will cling to this rationale sure.. but the more serious doomers will recognise instantly this event is too isolated to draw any useful connection from it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join