It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Commercial

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

am i alone in finding this creepy?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Maybe I missed something but it just looks like another dumb commercial to me!

Enlighten me one what you found creepy, please.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Not seeing the creepiness. Unless you are referring to the total lack of privacy that exists in our world today?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

absolutely everything.

if you cant see it, i dont think i personally could explain it to you, we probably just have very different perspectives on life.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I thought the same thing at first but have come to the conclusion that they are supposed to be friends. Thats all I can think because if it were me I would be doing my best cop impression and confiscating the phone. Thats just me I guess

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Its quite apparent its ONLY you who finds something creepy.
Ive watched it....its just an advert with some cgi to make people remember it, thats the purpose of adverts....to make you remember the blue glowing dude and associate it with Facebook and their product.

EDIT: Ok maybe your not the only one....but your all reading too much into, i kinda think what you are going to say as to why it creeps you out and i will respond when and if you do

edit on 24-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Definitely creepy...kinda like your avatar. Hey is that guy related to Georgio Tsoukalos??

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Honestly, I don't see the creepy either. I think the commercial was supposed to be funny.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Lets share everyting.. cmon.
why not post everyting you have been waiting to post.
that`s what the ad whant` s you to.
Aint it ?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

part of it yeah, and the way its promoted now... both those companies are supposedly tied with the govt.

its like a happy funny silly tv commercial version of 1984.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

They don't give any hints that the couple recording actually know the sleeping person they are recording, and he has a huge lack of interest that they took pictures of him and posted it on Facebook.

This ad is no creepier than hundreds of others that i've seen.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Can those who find this creepy, describe for us that don't see the creepyness, what you see?

Is it a "dude sleeping in an air port"?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yes creepy.
Zero privacy.

There ought to be a law.........

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
Definitely creepy...kinda like your avatar. Hey is that guy related to Georgio Tsoukalos??

its Samuel Clemens AKA Mark Twain

Originally posted by Be9al
Lets share everyting.. cmon.
why not post everyting you have been waiting to post.
that`s what the ad whant` s you to.
Aint it ?

Bingo

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I find it creepy because fb is plain creepy.
Hasn't anyone heard about the creepiness of fb - really?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
So, a commercial with a new phone that basically has a facebook easy button on it that allows you to post pictures and videos easier is somehow creepy? This is nothing new and not creepy anymore. Facebook is creepy on a whole people/government spying on you sort of creepy, but what did you expect the phone companies to do when it's the most popular social network on the planet?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Outlooks on life has nothing to do with it. If you can't explain what's so creepy about it then why start this thread?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
reply to post by micmerci

part of it yeah, and the way its promoted now... both those companies are supposedly tied with the govt.

its like a happy funny silly tv commercial version of 1984.

well, we can use it to our advantage by sending our videos of cops abusing citizens to face book where it will be seen by everyone.....instantly ha ha

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It's not creepy as in threatening, it is creepy in a sense of it is very telling of how people think/how people want people to think.
Don't worry about who is taking your picture.
Don't worry about what part of you is online.
Don't worry about anything.

If you don't see what could be somewhat creepy about this, don't worry, just go back to sleep.

edit on 24-8-2011 by eleven44 because: better arrangment of words

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Outlooks on life has nothing to do with it. If you can't explain what's so creepy about it then why start this thread?

lol, seriously? read my original post again. i had hoped everyone would be able to figure it out on their own. but i think i know whats got you confused, you probably use facebook a lot dont you? if so, then i can understand how you may have allowed yourself to be led to believe that everything is about you, but this is an illogical way of thinking.

this thread is not about your understanding, it is about mine. i wanted to know if other people thought it was creepy, to make sure i wasnt alone and to maybe start a discussion about how things have become in this world.
im not here to teach you anything. i dont know a damn thing, i only have my own perspective, and i dont feel like expressing every little detail about it to everyone on the planet... thats part of why i DONT have a facebook account.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join