It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Facts You Need to Know About Comet Elenin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
[align=centre][color=grey0]10 Facts You Need to Know About Comet Elenin[/align]
Note: Mod's I didn't know whether to put this in the Space Exploration forum, please move as appropriate

Considering there's a lot of talk on here about Comet Elenin and I didn't really know much about the subject I've been doing some reading and found the following website which I thought I'd share, below is also an extract I thought everyone might find interesting:

6. As Elenin will not hit Earth, some have claimed instead that its gravitational effect on the Earth’s interior will cause earthquakes and similar cataclysms on our planet, offering the recent disasters in New Zealand and Japan as harbingers of the horrors to come. This is nonsense. I estimate the comet’s nucleus to have a mass of about 20 billion tonnes, which is vast in human terms, minute in astronomical terms. Compared to the gravitational effects of the Moon and other planets, Elenin’s effects will be immeasurably small. In fact, Dear Reader, your gravitational influence on the Earth as you sit reading these words is greater than Comet Elenin’s will be at its strongest!

LINK
edit on 24/8/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Good post mate.
Nice to have all the facts in one place. I for one have never been sure about this Elenin story but with so many dates bounding around it's difficult to get a fix on it. I always go over to some Astronomy websites and lurk there to to see what they're saying.....They call us all nutcases.ha

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Wow. You are late to the dance. Elenin seems to have traveling companions in relative close proximity. And Elenin's pappy is following her in. Maybe out about 8AU from our sun.

The posted fact about Elenin could easily just be opinion or deliberately misleading, since there is photographic evidence that Elenin is not alone. One of the traveling companions could strike the earth.

edit on 24-8-2011 by yourmamaknows because: spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows

Wow. You are late to the dance. Elenin seems to have traveling companions in relative close proximity. And Elenin's pappy is following her in. Maybe out about 8AU from our sun.

The posted fact about Elenin could easily just be opinion or deliberately misleading, since there is photographic evidence that Elenin is not alone. One of the traveling companions could strike the earth.

if your referring to what i think you are, you should have read the whole thread. that photo of Elenin with "companions" was a photo taken when 2 asteroids where visible in the FOV. it was PROVEN because the objects had data on them as well.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows

Source. Source. Source. Source. Do you have a source?

2nd line..........Source please?!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

It was proven. Not to me it wasn't. I saw video footage. What a coincidence the objects are traveling at the same velocity. There is no "proven". For Christ's sake.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

And Elenin's pappy is following her in. Maybe out about 8AU from our sun.

I would be interested in learning more about what you are referring to here.

What do you consider to be Elenin's "pappy", which would suggest a larger body? Why do you suppose it is currently at 8 AU...?

I assume you have read (or seen) this somewhere, so a link of some kind would be helpful.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Nice post even though I
when I saw the Deep Impact poster
That movie still creeps me out.

I have posted this to my FB

So many people are freaking out and I never really got into the whole comet Elenin thing because lets face it Bruce Willis and crew arent going to stop an asteroid or comet if it were to be on a path to hit us! I figure if a comet or asteroid is going to hit us Im just going to enjoy life cause there isn't a thing you can do about it.

Who even STARTED the whole "its gonna hit earth" thing? I dont even remember that....wasn;t it also called Nibiru? I dont believe in Nibiru, it's interesting but I don;t know if I believe in rogue planets in the solar system...could be possible but I am not an expert....not yet

Anyway DK thanks for sharing this!! I am looking at the link now and the other posts there are on there. Interesting!

S&F

now come to chat so we can talk Elenin

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
1. Elenin is not Planet X. 2. Elenin is not Nibiru 3. Elenin is not a UFO 4. Elenin is not Planet X. 5. Elenin is not Nibiru. 6. Elenin is not a UFO. 7. Elenin is not Planet X 8. Elenin is not Nibiru 9. Elenin is not a UFO 10. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

With all your knowledge, can you please tell me what it is then? I don't want to remain a "Moron" and you obviously know what it is. THanks in advance

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Ohhhhhhhhhh you took all the fun out of Elenin.

Lets see the Nibiruans debunk this

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

With all your knowledge, can you please tell me what it is then? I don't want to remain a "Moron" and you obviously know what it is. THanks in advance

Well. I'd have THOUGHT the "Comet" part of Comet Elenin would have been a dead give away...

top topics

join