It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sigur Ros..Is Any one a fan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I've fallen in love with these guys.since the day i first hear them..amazing and powerful music...

Has anyone else heard about this band?...if not. you should defiantly try them out

edit on 24-8-2011 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Yes, I've been familiar with their music for some time. I liked that album ( ) or whatever it's supposed to be referred to as until I got sick of Jonsi's made up "hopelandic" words just sounding roughly like "you sat along the fire" as the first words of most of the songs. The next album Takk was cool too.

I saw them in Madison at a smaller sized theater and it was one of the best live music experiences I've ever had by far. Then I saw them again in Chicago and it wasn't quite the same. Sound was pretty bad. So yeah, they're good.. I dig. And for anyone who has never heard them, I'd say it's probably a must-listen. It has the potential to blow certain peoples minds

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

Yeah I'm a big fan, I have all their albums, I'd love to get the chance to see them perform live

They give an amazing spiritual vibe through their music, its really enlightening and relaxing.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Well I've heard of them.

Really good band to be honest.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
reply to post by Noobastronomer

Yeah I'm a big fan, I have all their albums, I'd love to get the chance to see them perform live

They give an amazing spiritual vibe through their music, its really enlightening and relaxing.

Exactly...thats how i feel too.......i'd like to see them live also..
...they perform in wonderful places this for example....near the mountain side

just lie down and relax......my life would be complete lol
edit on 24-8-2011 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
Yes, I've been familiar with their music for some time. I liked that album ( ) or whatever it's supposed to be referred to as until I got sick of Jonsi's made up "hopelandic" words just sounding roughly like "you sat along the fire" as the first words of most of the songs. The next album Takk was cool too.

I saw them in Madison at a smaller sized theater and it was one of the best live music experiences I've ever had by far. Then I saw them again in Chicago and it wasn't quite the same. Sound was pretty bad. So yeah, they're good.. I dig. And for anyone who has never heard them, I'd say it's probably a must-listen. It has the potential to blow certain peoples minds

they were in the states?....how was the reception there?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Started listening to them in like 00 they were mentioned in a CMJ issue. Saw them open up for Coldplay here in Pittsburgh back in 03 and they were awesome. Stopped listening to them no too long after that show (git worn out on the whole atmospheric avant garde long winded stuff) but from what I saw they put on an good show and when I listened to music such as theirs, they were the best at it.
Graat band but by no means are they for everyone or most I have found.

Trowa
edit on 24/8/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
huge fan, love these guys!

great documentary on icelandic music featuring Sigur Ros -

video.google.com...

They also have an entire feature documentary made about them but I have yet to see it....

It is called "Heima", here is the trailer -

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hell yes, love Sigur Rós. If you like them you should check out Jónsi's solo stuff.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
"O Fridur" on the Saeoglopur EP is my favorite song by them, you should get that EP!

Of course, Gobbledygook is also awesome.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I had one of their Cd's
My EX messed it up I lost a lot of music when I was with her.

top topics

join