It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is USGS Saying NO Correlation Between CO & VA Quakes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
truthfrequencynews.com...

so they're telling us dumbed down sheep the earth does not have one crust nor one mantle

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
One of two reasons....

A: There is NO correlation

B: There is a correlation and they don't want you to know.

Sadly, I'm going with B on a gut feeling.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I will also take a dose of B please
If there was something going on and all hell breaks loose why give us a warning?

Zin

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
One of two reasons....

A: There is NO correlation

B: There is a correlation and they don't want you to know.

Sadly, I'm going with B on a gut feeling.

B for me too, still shaken and I don't live there. We've been lied to so much we just don't know anymore

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

so they're telling us dumbed down sheep the earth does not have one crust nor one mantle

I've seen a plethora amount of dumb sheep on a certain online forum website today regarding the earthquakes. I have no idea why the USGS of all people would be creating a conspiracy, it's just two earthquakes that happened on the same day. I'm sure there were other quakes that happened today.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just saying

8/23/2011 21:00:27 5.9 US Virginia, Deep Woods (Nuclear Site)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33

Originally posted by ignant

I've seen a plethora amount of dumb sheep on a certain online forum website today regarding the earthquakes. I have no idea why the USGS of all people would be creating a conspiracy, it's just two earthquakes that happened on the same day. I'm sure there were other quakes that happened today.

The USGS of all people? By people, you obviously mean organizations and with organizations you have specific groups, care to know which one the USGS belongs too? Ill give you a hint, there web address ends in .gov.

Should there by chance be something happening, that is, taking place that could cause panic or there is serious reason for concern, chances are, they would not blow the whistle and incite mass hysteria.

Am I saying something terrible is going to happen and the USGS knows about it? No, I'm not. What I am saying is that if something was, you probably wouldn't know about it because the USGS wouldn't tell you.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
...the two land masses are seperated by the mississippi rift zone... so, the quakes arent related but they are related like we are all related as humans, even though we are not all really related... its really just that simple...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Could it be that the shifting of one plate in turn creates pressure of another?
Maybe an answer C might be needed..

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
it was announced minutes after the east coast quake, plus the logistics just dont make sense (all tectonic plates are correlated with each other thru crust & mantle) so i'll take B too - what are they hiding and if they weren't hiding, why conclude no correlation soooo pre-emtedly, yea... =/

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
with earthquake depths of 4,5,6 km, this would normally be designated a "quarry blast", oh and they upgraded the 5.8Mag to a 6.0Mag.

what i do find odd other than the very very shallow depth of all the earthquakes though moderate in strength, is in particular the virginia quake, not too far from a nuclear plant, very shallow quake and very near to a vast water source! we all know what happens when you drill near a pressurized fault, water amplifies a quake that would have happened anyway. infact this whole region has been closely monitored since 2010, even though its not well known for quakes.

theres something fishy about these quakes and im not refering to the life in the nearby lake! my guess is, brace yourselfs, theres more to come, in a timely fashion and prepare for the big one!

just my gut instinct!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

If there was a thumb down button...you would get it. You have seen a huge amount of dumb down sheep today ey? Include yourself in that hugely intelligent comment.

2 EQ's that happened in area's that aren't prone to EQ's...isn't this something that we should pay attention to? Have you seen the total number of EQ's in the last 14days alone? Have you noticed exactly where the EQ's are hitting? Just recently with Fema acting suspect when it comes to the Madrid Fault Line, and the Madrid Fault itself gaining more and more interest because of the amount and where these EQ's are going off is proving that we the *People* should pay attention and investigate as much as possible in case we need to survive a huge, devastating EQ!

It really doesn't sound like you have done much research...if you have..then you would know that something is happening. Hopefully all these EQ's have released enough pressure so that the *big one* doesn't end up being the big one... from what I've studied... that's wishful thinking.

It really bothers me that you point your finger at a certain web site and make statements concerning these peoples intelligence...when in fact if anything these people are doing what they can to educate themselves. ATS is a GREAT tool to use to learn about sooo many different things. Before you or anyone tries the ole.."Do you believe everything you read on ATS?" ummm no..but...I take the information I read and then go out and investigate it! More times then not...I have learned accurate and fascinating information.

You really gave no information, you offered nothing new to back up your claim that these 2 events had no correlation with each other. So basically...u offered nothing and stole oxygen while putting others down so you could justify .... what? your baseless opinion?

edit on 23-8-2011 by tracehd1 because: spchk

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

The raton pass area where the CO earthquake happened is actually very prone to earthquakes.

Everyone just seems to assume that CA and AK are the only seismic zones in the country, and when something shakes anywhere else then "The government is plotting against us."

I mean seriously?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Finger on nose!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The earth shakes and moves, and has done so for millions of years if not longer. Just because we humans draw fancy lines on maps and erect cities doesn't stop the geological processes that are ongoing until the earth splits into a billion pieces. Why is it always the end of the world or some calamity when something out of the norm happens? I predict this time next week we will be having the same discussion about the hurricane when it makes landfall and the spooky connection to some government plan to kill us all off.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jssaylor2007

check out the EQ depths! nothing normal about that, given the strength! a quarry blast at its strongest would give a 3.0 if not lower and would have a depth of shallower than 5km infact vastly shallower, all the data suggests artifical EQ, look at fiji which has an average quake of 500km or deeper! most other quakes including japan have quakes at depths of 17 - 60km or deeper or vanuatu 20 - 40. although depth is NOT a firm indictor too seriousness of the quake but an indictor to tectonic migration and shearing (hence massive preshure), but historically quakes shallower than 5km are normally land level born and caused by anything other than tectonic movement or migration.

regarding the last statement, if ocean born, the quake depth is calculated from ocean floor level, not landmass level, so if the quake hit off japan in the ocean, you must also add the landmass height, if land is affected by the quake, this will increase the depth significantly, especially if in the pacific ocean.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Because they don't want to cause panic, as the Earth's crust is destabilizing months ahead of earlier top secret predictions.

Didn't you learn anything from the movie 2012?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
THIS is what happens when people who aren't even close to being psuedo scientists let their paranoia take over and start making wild assumptions of conspiracy

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

cumm'on ATS isnt all about conspiracies! ther's more fact than fiction here and yes peeps do get very carried away with their imagination, but at times that imagination does come to fruition with fact, if it were'nt for those peeps, ATS would be nothing other than a FOX,ABC ,BBC etc news repeater and you would be one of the minions!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You start to put some dots together:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And another serving of "B' please.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join