It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid, MO is nearly halfway between Colorado and Virginia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
New Madrid is exactly almost the halfway point between the two earthquakes in Virginia and Colorado...

Is there any reason to be alarm that the New Madrid could be next in the next few days?

From Mileage Calculator

New Madrid to Mineral, VA 795 miles
New Madrid to Trinidad, CO is 967 milers

Before New Madrid earthquake in the 1800's was there any other earthquakes to the east and the west before that?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Did some looking on this already, Not much in the way of data to look at.
There may be other sources, but i have not found any yet!

Historic United States Earthquakes

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
yesterday their was a quake in colorado and today in virginia. Look at Arizona, and the new Madrid. They are about the same distance between Colorado and Virgina. Arizona had a small quake (its not uncommon but its rare.) I wonder if their will be a quake in the new Madrid tomorrow. Its a broad conclusion but it makes me wonder.
edit on 23-8-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
When i heard they had a quake over there. The Madrid is the first thing i though about. I think its very possible that something could happen. Solar activity has been active lately and there has been a decent # of quakes. We will just have to see what happens.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Look where everyone felt it, and then align it on the map given by me in the link.

Canada, is above the caldera they felt in NY and all around the epicenter of the quake.

Was Mount St. Helens just a precursor of something bigger?

Just a thought I just had.

Think about it for a second did it just burp?

Peace

edit on 23/8/11 by sevensheeps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yes, there might be a connection but we do not know yet.

It is inevitable the fault will eventually go off. It's just a matter of when.

I would advise people to take this as a reminder to stay prepared and form escape plans, collect basic supplies and make a first aid kit. Gotta be ready for anything, especially things that happen frequently historically like earthquakes.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That is what I was thinking to, this quake, with the recent history of geological stuff going on lately and the sun erupting a little more intense than usual.

And yes there is no connection yet, let's hope it isn't necessary.

Please people take some preparations, it could be nothing but still.

Your are all living on a caldera the size of your country.

edit on 23/8/11 by sevensheeps because: update

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I guess I'll be the one to say it not that I want too, but what if HAARP caused the one in both Va and Co only to weaken the New Madrid fault line. I'm sure I'll get a lot of crap for suggesting it but it's a thought. I've been reading so much stuff about the New Madrid fault line and FEMA wanting MRE's ready by March and blah blah blah. But, what if all this talk is true and this may very well be the start of the plan?
You can't say I'm totally crazy for saying it cause you are reading this to begin with =P

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Make sure to open the 2 map links

One mistake I made in the post was about the nodes. Its should of been 12-47, not 22-47
Link

edit on 23-8-2011 by sdebunker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Oddly...if you look at a globe, both the Colorado and Virginia epicenters are at 37 (.130 and .880 respectively) latitude. Not knowledgeable at these things...just pointing out the oddity.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The more and more i think about this, more and more ideas keep popping into my head.

First Idea

The forces from the Pacific Plate and the Mid-Atlantic Ridge pushing on the north American plate could cause stress fractures. (image a large slab of rock being pushed on from each side, the rock is going to fracture where it is the weakest, (CO earth quake) while not suffering a full structural collapse. Then the next weakest spot will go (VA quake) again the structure is still holding and building pressure. it's logical that the new Madrid area could be next do to the weak nature of the fault.)

Second idea

The second idea is another i have thought about a bit. The area at one time tried to split. What if the area is going to become area of plate divergence where new crust is added. As i recall there is a map floating around some where that shows most of the area underwater.

Interesting ideas to think about.

Zin

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris811

On the other hand, maybe these two quakes relieved the pressure on the New Madrid faultline.

Just saying. I'm not a expert.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hmm idk what to say... but ill say this.. im close or on the new madrid fault in MO,so the last thing i would want to see is one close to missouri but i guess time will tell,Lemme know if anyone hears anything else

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well

Just saying

8/23/2011 21:00:27 5.9 US Virginia, Deep Woods (Nuclear Site)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
New Madrid is exactly almost the halfway point between the two earthquakes in Virginia and Colorado...

Is there any reason to be alarm that the New Madrid could be next in the next few days?

From Mileage Calculator

New Madrid to Mineral, VA 795 miles
New Madrid to Trinidad, CO is 967 milers

Before New Madrid earthquake in the 1800's was there any other earthquakes to the east and the west before that?

Many of us have been noticing that!! If you look on USGS, you could draw an imaginary line STRAIGHT ACROSS from the Colorado quake area to the Virginia.....

and yes, right between lies the New Madrid..

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Actually, there is a lil' activity on the ...New Madrid Fault?

Small, but it is on the same latitude line as Colordao and Virginia epicenters...

truthfrequencynews.com...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong....looks North of Memphis, near St. Louis

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zintac
The more and more i think about this, more and more ideas keep popping into my head.

First Idea

The forces from the Pacific Plate and the Mid-Atlantic Ridge pushing on the north American plate could cause stress fractures. (image a large slab of rock being pushed on from each side, the rock is going to fracture where it is the weakest, (CO earth quake) while not suffering a full structural collapse. Then the next weakest spot will go (VA quake) again the structure is still holding and building pressure. it's logical that the new Madrid area could be next do to the weak nature of the fault.)

Second idea

The second idea is another i have thought about a bit. The area at one time tried to split. What if the area is going to become area of plate divergence where new crust is added. As i recall there is a map floating around some where that shows most of the area underwater.

Interesting ideas to think about.

Zin
I think the map you are talking about is also the same as the Edger Casey and agenda 21 maps :www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
There was someone here on ATS saying the nwo was about to blow up all the natural gas deposits around the New Madrid fault and out on the west coast to make what you see on the maps in the link. Just throwing it out there lol

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
We are halfway between many things. Your point? The Appalachian Mountain range was made by seismic activity, so were the Rockies. Whats new?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Rut roh...

Another aftershock in Virginia. This one a 4.2:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

This is spooking me.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
Rut roh...

Another aftershock in Virginia. This one a 4.2:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

This is spooking me.

Rut Roh is right!!

Are these afterschocks......or foreshocks?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join