It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have never been prouder to be an ATS member than I am today. Thanks.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This east coast earthquake was a real eye opener for me. Within 30 minutes there were 3 dozen threads on the subject. People wanting to let everyone know what was going on. People wanting to know what was going on. People concerned for fellow members. We can forget at times, especially with todays politics, that we are in this together. It's happened to me. I feel I have to thank the membership for reminding me what an AWESOME community that we have here. You guys ARE the best. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Move along, nothing to see here..... no earthquake.....

Yeah, it really was cool.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

now, if only they could all learn to use the new topics button and the search function.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Awww Trep, that's so nice.

It's how I felt during the BP oil spill. I made a thread about it too.

But yeah, I've noticed, when push comes to shove we can pull together, huh?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Not to burst your bubble but weather underground was all over it too. No commentary over there though.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yes, it was very nice to see the community move into high gear over a major event, while everyone was also showing obvious genuine concern for the safety of others.

And just to add... no one noticed that we topped 12 million total posts yesterday.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
go US!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well it's because we are one big family

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

/applause ATS.

It's reassuring to know that when there is still genuine concern for our fellows. ATS rocks! Way be on top of it guys and gals.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014

Indeed thanks all

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Yes, it was very nice to see the community move into high gear over a major event, while everyone was also showing obvious genuine concern for the safety of others.

And just to add... no one noticed that we topped 12 million total posts yesterday.
Serioulsy Skeptic? Are analytics really all you care about? Thread like this and you throw that out there? Then again, the way things have been lately that shouldn't surprise me.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Here' to the mighty ATS!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
ATS rocks.
I'm in the UK and it was almost an hour after the event that the news broke here . Thanks to you guys I was able to read about it within minutes and I had more info than the BBC

Stay safe , guys

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yeah, that was pretty quick. Threads were popping up by the second for a little while there.
The news probably broke here faster than on the MSM...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yeah, it doesn't always happen to the other guy, does it.
The guys playing with mice did't mention the milestone

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Board is moving so fast...

People missed this thread...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It is written in The Ancient Scrolls that information will be passed on to the masses in quick bursts. This site, I pray, is the one spoken of... good job on the parts of the many.

Cheers,
Destiny Fulfilled.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
. no one noticed that we topped 12 million total posts yesterday.

www.humanreligions.info...

12 million eh?

Starting out life as an immensely useful number for counting and dividing things, the number 12 became a number revered by mathematicians and early astronomers. So the skies were divided into 12 portions as were the months of year, reflecting the annual movement of heavenly bodies. Superstitions and religious beliefs were piled on top of respect for the number 12. Superstitions concerning signs of the Zodiac and life events have been comprehensively shown to be false. The ancient Zoroastrians had twelve commanders on the side of light (light being a symbol for the sun), the Greeks imagined 12 Gods on mount Olympus, and many Gods have had 12 sons. Mithraists, and then Christians, believed that their saviour had 12 disciples, and Muslim Shi'as list 12 ruling Imams following Muhammad. Such holy persons are depicted with a bright solar light around their heads. Although many ancient religions such as the Gnostics understood things like the twelve disciples of Mithras to be symbolic of the stages of the waning and waxing sun throughout the year, later religions took it literally and believed in an actual 12 disciples - and some still do.

Or am i taking things too far?

Only kidding, congratulations

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014

Not necessarily! I have been designated a "people like you" by some members and even some mods.
That doesn't make me feel like part of a big family; in fact I feel marginalized and excluded.
Most families I know suffer from some form of dysfunction and ATS is no different.

However it is a great place for entertainment and a wealth of ideas, articulate posts and threads, fiction and news to put my screen writing career on the fast track.

And I have made contact with a few members and mods on a face to face basis and we have become friends.
edit on 23-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I had a similar feeling as I continued to share with my wife all I was learning and sharing with the ATS community.

There were a few bad apples in the bunch intent on marginalizing concern for the event, but the majority proved what a cool place this can be...

edit on 23-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join