It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No illegal substances' in Winehouse's body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

'No illegal substances' in Winehouse's body

www.abc.net.au

No illegal substances were found in British soul singer Amy Winehouse's body, her family said, having received the results of toxicology tests on her remains.

Alcohol was discovered in the Grammy award-winning vocalist's system but it could not yet be determined whether it played a role in her death, the Winehouse family said in a statement.

The singer, who laid bare her struggles with drug and alcohol addictions in her music, notably in her biggest hit single Rehab, was found dead at her home in Camden, north London, on July 23.

A post-mortem on the 27-year-old's body failed to establish a formal cause of death and the family await the outcome of an inquest in October.

"Toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy's system at the time of her death," the statement said.

"Results indicate that alcohol was present but it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death.

edit on 23/8/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I know it might not seem like such an important topic, but the details surrounding her death are appearing more and more suspicious. If her death was not the result of illegal substance abuse as many claimed, what was it the result of? Is it just coincidence she died in the 27-club, or is there a much more sinister reason behind her death?

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23/8/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
She may have had a clean system but if you party hard like she did for long time it does do permanent damage. So it can literally be anything at that point. You don't have to have drugs in your system to die from their effects.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It has been speculated that her body was so dependant on such substances that when removed from her "diet" her body just packed up.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Its super sinister.

There is a conspiracy behind the deaths of all famous people who seldom take care of themselves, engage in high risk behaviour, and consume more drugs than a housing project on friday night.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Once your addicted sometimes not having the drugs in your system can be far more dangerous. It might have been from the damage also.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Once your addicted sometimes not having the drugs in your system can be far more dangerous. It might have been from the damage also.

Yes, and it does not have to be illegal drugs. Alcohol is a drug, the worst of them IMO, and I have seen what withdrawal looks like, not pretty. Why are there no warning labels on alcohol bottles, a skull and crossbones poison warning, especially on the 'hard stuff'?
Can You Die From Alcohol Withdrawal?
www.myhealthnewsdaily.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

No "illegal" substances does not rule out "legal" substances such as oxycontin,valium,codeine,etc.
She could have been on meds that when mixed with booze became a lethal cocktail.

Just saying that sometimes you have to read between the lines. There is another possibility of course,
but that would entail ( God help us all ) conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the whole 27 Club conspiracy...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm going to call BS on this one. I mean, she didn't even hold back doing drugs and being intoxicated in public, so there's no other time you can't say she wasn't possibly doing something.
edit on 23-8-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

That's what I was thinking. Isn't it possible to OD on Aspirin?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Or, just to divert the media attention from the suspicious death of Sean Hoare (primary phone hacking whistle blower), they murdered Amy Winehouse because she was the easiest target due to her drug abuse history, and hey presto, the news paraded her death for weeks:

Sean Hoare died on 18th July 2011.

Amy died on the 23rd July 2011.

edit on 23-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well in my opinion the whole "she died from withdrawal symptoms" is completely bonkers. It's remotely possible she died from long term effects of one or more drugs but it would have been a slow process and I doubt she would just drop dead one day. Everyone just just assumes she died some drug related death without considering anything else merely because she was known as a drug user.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the whole 27 Club conspiracy...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by iSwag

That's what I'm thinking. This whole 27-club thing.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
To all those who say this could be the result of drug abuse past, I say this:

Keith Richards
Ozzy Osbourne
Shaun Rider
Shane MacGowan

Need I say more?

27 Club? Pah! No way. Evidence?

Cover up news of a killing 5 days previous? Like that would be a great idea! LOL What about the intervening days...?

I'm not saying I do know the cause of her death, but I susspect it is more mundane than is being speculated.

new topics

top topics

join