It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins may have the answer to USO bases....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

agree just like a cave man trying to describe a shooting star = a dragon

they have no way to comprehend what technology is

edit on 23-8-2011 by battl3star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
www.newscientist.com...

idle.slashdot.org...

technabob.com...

from last source "This sounds like something out of a science fiction TV show or movie, and in fact, it is. I used to really like SeaQuest DSV where they had a dolphin with a translator thing on its back that allowed it to talk to people. Some researchers are working on a translator device that is about the size of a smartphone that will allow them to communicate with wild dolphins underwater."
i think they are working on this more so then ever and im sure the navy with there cetacean program would very much like this tech to succeed it would make them giving commands to there weaponized dolphins easier and hopefully let us finally communicate with another species in an intelligent and hopefully mutual manner

www.abovetopsecret.com... other thread on this with additional information
edit on 23-8-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Snorky...talk...man.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

So what's going on with the Dolphin language research?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: EcFnDoubleU

Research is continuing into deciphering Dolphin language and into the creation of an algorithm to translate Dolphin to Human.

“A prototype dolphin translator translated a live dolphin whistle for the first time”

It detected a whistle for sargassum, or seaweed, which she and her team had invented to use when playing with the dolphin pod. They hoped the dolphins would adopt the whistles, which are easy to distinguish from their own natural whistles – and they were not disappointed. When the computer picked up the sargassum whistle, Herzing heard her own recorded voice saying the word into her ear. As well as boosting our understanding of animal behaviour, the moment hints at the potential for using algorithms to analyse any activity where information is transmitted – including our daily activities.

“It sounds like a fabulous observation, one you almost have to resist speculating on. It’s provocative,” says Michael Coen, a biostatistician at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
www.newscientist.com...

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
There was a gorilla once that could sign 200+ words in sign language.

I dont think his intelligence though extended beyond an 8 year old child
so I doubt an animal could be all like "Clcik click cllliiiiickkk cllickkkk"
"What's that sooty? Little Jimmy's stuck in the old abandoned well?!"

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
There is a difference between sentience and sapience. We already know dolphins are sentient, just like cats and dogs are. To date, homo sapiens are the only known, documented sapient species on this planet.

Also, why would dolphins talk to us about UFOs and risk a visit from the men in black? Or maybe the dolphins in black.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SadButTrue
Who are any of you to say they are just animals and would not be able to bring insight to humans?

It's going to be "Darmak and Jalad at Tenagra", I'm afraid.

Or a lot of "Fa love Pa"
edit on 31-5-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Read John Lilly's books. He says they are more intelligent than man. If brain surface area means intelligence he's right. They are the only animals with more brain surface area than man.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Interesting.

I hope it continues. Would be an amazing breakthrough.

I wonder if Dolphins have their own lore.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
There is a difference between sentience and sapience. We already know dolphins are sentient, just like cats and dogs are. To date, homo sapiens are the only known, documented sapient species on this planet.

Also, why would dolphins talk to us about UFOs and risk a visit from the men in black? Or maybe the dolphins in black.

Sapience is quite relative. You're talking about an estimation born of opinion.

Sapient: having or showing great wisdom or sound judgment.
Dictionary.com

I propose that civilization, technology and complexity isn't evidence of wisdom. The average human works for the majority of their hours awake, while the dolphin swims around with their family and friends playing, exploring and when hungry, hunting. Dolphins appear to spend most of their time doing what they like, while humans spend most of their time doing what they feel they must. Who's the wiser? While we're busy polluting and ruining the environment which we rely on for survival, dolphins are swimming, playing, exploring with friends and family. While we're busy killing one another for religious, opportunist or bigoted reasons, dolphins are still swimming, playing, exploring with friends and family. Who's the wiser?

It's commonly said that giving up ones possessions and living at peace with nature is the mark of wisdom. Dolphins have never bothered with the acquisition of things, and have always been at peace with nature. When humans find the time and resources for a vacation away from the drudgery of their mundane lifestyles, they enjoy the forests and beaches, the mountains and rivers, those beautiful and tranquil environments in which our ancestors thrived. The dolphin is always on vacation. Who's the wiser?

What humans spend most of their time doing:

What dolphins spend most of their time doing:

Who's the wiser?

The answer to that question is a matter of opinion, but I certainly don't lean toward the supposition that humanity is inherently wiser than the other animals inhabiting our planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join