It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan Freeman to POTUS: 'Get pissed off'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Why should the greatest leader of the free world listen to some pathetic 2 bit B grade actor with a Oscar???
It's not like he has a Noble prize or anything

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Obama is a front man and errand boy for the psychopaths in charge. Republican Presidents are the only ones with any real power; Democrats who get in tend to get stonewalled, from everything I've ever seen.

So he isn't going to do anything other than what he is told. He can't.
edit on 23-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Nixon - Viet Nam
Ford - Nixon resignation

Was Nixon manning up when he resigned for the watergate scandal?

What about ford? Was he manning up when he pardoned Nixon for the watergate scandal?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by centurion1211

Nixon - Viet Nam
Ford - Nixon resignation

Was Nixon manning up when he resigned for the watergate scandal?

What about ford? Was he manning up when he pardoned Nixon for the watergate scandal?

Not necessarily.

I think most people understood the point of my post which was that pretty much EVERY president has some sort of crisis to deal with that paints their presidency with a historical brush, and for sure throws a wrinkle into whatever plans they had.

Obama likes to whine like he's the first and only president to face adversity.

edit on 8/23/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Were you to read a bit about Nixon you would find him the toughest President in the past 100 years from a personal determination perspective.

He grew up poor, he ran and was defeated numerous times, the press and the political establishment absolutely hated him.

“A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.”

“The greatness comes not when things go always good for you. But the greatness comes when you’re really tested, when you take some knocks, some disappointments, when sadness comes.”

and one that would seem appropriate this week especially

“By the time you get dressed, drive out there, play 18 holes and come home, you've blown seven hours. There are better things you can do with your time.”

For all of his faults, Nixon was a tough SOB and definately someone you want in your fox hole

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Never thought I'd see myself defending Nixon, but on this particular point you are correct. Nixon was considered a crazy man by some of our foreign enemies. They definitely saw him as someone who just might lob some nukes. Obama is someone you can string along and keep taking more inches with. A political and foreign policy pushover.
(For the record, Nixon's cojones don't make up for his abuses of power and crazy paranoia)

Obama talked tough on BP, then let them completely tell him what they are going to do, how they are going to do it, and how he is going to help them do it, even when it means breaking federal laws and lying.
Obama talked tough on Gaddafi and then let England and France take the lead (in this case we shouldn't even have gotten involved, but I'm just keeping to the tough talk followed by no action theme).

But anyway, I hate how loyalists from both sides counter the weaknesses of their guy by pointing out the weaknesses of the other party's last guy. Both sides suck, fellas...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join