It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF buy 14 Chinooks...£1,000,000,000

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by Pervius
The UK will NOT be forking out 1,000,000 for the Chinooks.

The US Military Budget has part of it used to loan other countries money to buy our military crap.

And England will only pay payments on those helicopters under that Foreign Military Sales Program. At the rate the US dollar is losing value, the UK will likely end up only paying 200,000£ for the Chinooks. There is always a clause in those deals that England can sell those Chinooks back to the US....and they'd end up getting more money back than they paid.

Maybe that's the plan.

Or maybe that is just wishful thinking on your part.

So what if we are spending the money on our own military?

Surely it is better than spending 1bn on some misguided health fad (ie. eat vegetables lol) or a doomed to fail 'integrate' for migrants policy (ie. hot air talking shop)?

You cannot complain when the govt funds the military, or can you?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DSSONE

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Originally posted by Pervius
The UK will NOT be forking out 1,000,000 for the Chinooks.

The US Military Budget has part of it used to loan other countries money to buy our military crap.

And England will only pay payments on those helicopters under that Foreign Military Sales Program. At the rate the US dollar is losing value, the UK will likely end up only paying 200,000£ for the Chinooks. There is always a clause in those deals that England can sell those Chinooks back to the US....and they'd end up getting more money back than they paid.

Maybe that's the plan.

Or maybe that is just wishful thinking on your part.

So what if we are spending the money on our own military?

Surely it is better than spending 1bn on some misguided health fad (ie. eat vegetables lol) or a doomed to fail 'integrate' for migrants policy (ie. hot air talking shop)?

You cannot complain when the govt funds the military, or can you?

Health, yup thats misguided. don't spend that billion on the NHS, spend it on 14 helicopters, I mean nobody needs health when theyre dead right?

Spending on military, fine, just don't complain your country has no money and don't blame it on Europe.

Integrating into a community, nobody needs that, I say we just build gated communities like Florida, or British gated compounds in the Middle East.

edit on 22-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

I was trying to juxtapose the spending on military with the kind of spending that we could really survive without (and, yes, incidentally that is the kind of spending that our previous Labour govt favoured). Do you not remember all the moaning about Labour underfunding the military? The deaths of soldiers that would have been avoided if they had the correct kit. So our current government starts on the road to makes amends, and at the same time (think riots) tells the rest of society to grow up and take responsibility, and I think it's a better use of my tax receipts than helping low-life live free.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I was trying to juxtapose the spending on military with the kind of spending that we could really survive without (and, yes, incidentally that is the kind of spending that our previous Labour govt favoured). Do you not remember all the moaning about Labour underfunding the military? The deaths of soldiers that would have been avoided if they had the correct kit. So our current government starts on the road to makes amends, and at the same time (think riots) tells the rest of society to grow up and take responsibility, and I think it's a better use of my tax receipts than helping low-life live free.

Deaths of soliders is the only thing that brings the reality of war home to the people. I say cut their budget. Only an agressive country needs a military.

Quit glorifying it.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The real lowlifes control our money/taxes....they are in whitehall

The propaganda machine is working wonders by the sounds of things, deflect all the blame onto the people.
Blame people on benefits for all the cuts.......its not true, they waste more than all the benefit payments in a year on useless crap that benefits only them and their elite bum chums.
edit on 22-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Won't matter, the Chinooks will probably crash due to faulty FADEC software anyway.

The most dangerious helicopter to fly.

They are probably better off with Russian heavy lifter helicopters than dangerious American crap.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

My last post...you clearly have some fans here who will agree with you, hence the instant stars you are receiving. But I happen to think you are just naive. I prefer to debate within the constraints of what we have right now (and that is not the idealistic JennaWorld...) and it includes having a military. We will always have a military so get used to it.
edit on 22/8/2011 by DSSONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

My last post...you clearly have some fans here who will agree with you, hence the instant stars you are receiving. But I happen to think you are just naive. I prefer to debate within the constraints what we have right now (and that is not the idealistic JennaWorld... and it includes having a military. We will always have a military so get used to it.

Not naive at all, many other countries you rarely or never see in the news throwing their military about.

It is always America and Britain, then their allies being dragged into it.

Many of those other countries that don't go throwing their weight around also have national service, the UK hasn't.

Go figure.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
www.publications.parliament.uk...

There is evidence to prove Chinooks arent very safe

I agree with most of what she said...i gave her stars
Am i a troll?? lol

Money could be better spent elsewhere, if we didnt keep invading countries we wouldnt need a huge army.

EDIT: Id just like to add most Brits despise what our leaders are doing military wise, we dont want to go to war, we dont want to see 18 year old kids coming home in coffins....the only people agree that we should continue are the people in the forces

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
www.publications.parliament.uk...

There is evidence to prove Chinooks arent very safe

I agree with most of what she said...i gave her stars
Am i a troll?? lol

Money could be better spent elsewhere, if we didnt keep invading countries we wouldnt need a huge army.

EDIT: Id just like to add most Brits despise what our leaders are doing military wise, we dont want to go to war, we dont want to see 18 year old kids coming home in coffins....the only people agree that we should continue are the people in the forces

If you think Britain cares about soliders? Go ask WW2 conscripts, they dont even get a pension because they where conscripted to the military. many don't or cannot even get benefits yet they need them to live.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
All heli's are dangerous, the Chinook is just more so. Their overlapping blades, although in theory should never touch, but it happens.

They are very much old hat, too complex and should have been replaced decades ago.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join