It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. about to steal 144 TONS of gold from Libya!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You mean NATO is about to steal the gold

This is a war crime prohibited under article 23 of the Convention.

www.icrc.org...

Art. 23. In addition to the prohibitions provided by special Conventions, it is especially forbidden

(g) To destroy or seize the enemy's property, unless such destruction or seizure be imperatively demanded by the necessities of war;

It is also covered by other articles of this convention.

edit on 22-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

www.icrc.org...

Art. 23. In addition to the prohibitions provided by special Conventions, it is especially forbidden

(g) To destroy or seize the enemy's property, unless such destruction or seizure be imperatively demanded by the necessities of war;

The ICC is not part of the United Nations for starters, its a completely seperate entity. Secondly the UN resolution that authorized operations in Libya had financial / asset seizure included, which called on countries to seize and any all assets of Libya until a new government is in place.

Secondly the ICC does not have jurisdicition over countries who are not signatories to the ICC or Rome accords. By issuing arrest warrants for Libyan leadership is actually a violation of the ICC charter, and completely undermines what the court is suppose to stand for.

Third its not a war crime (which would be prosecuted by the ICC - which ties in the above 2 paragraphs to this response).

Seizing assets, as you have pointed out above, is permissable when its in relation to war. In this case UNR 1973 was valid and contries who seized assets are complying with the UNR.

Since no gold has been stolen, contrary to you and a few others who seem confused on that part, no crime has been committeed. Simply repeating the same thing over and over, in this case the UN, and with you NATO now, are stealing gold, which is simply not true.

respectfully, if you guys are going to use ICC / UN / ICRC etc etc, please understand how the components work, who has jurisdiciotn over what, and who is subject to a treaty before commenting.
edit on 22-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by JennaDarling

www.icrc.org...

The ICC is not part of the United Nations for starters, its a completely seperate entity. Secondly the UN resolution that authorized operations in Libya had financial / asset seizure included, which called on countries to seize and any all assets of Libya until a new government is in place.

Secondly the ICC does not have jurisdicition over countries who are not signatories to the ICC or Rome accords. By issuing arrest warrants for Libyan leadership is actually a violation of the ICC charter, and completely undermines what the court is suppose to stand for.

Third its not a war crime (which would be prosecuted by the ICC - which ties in the above 2 paragraphs to this response).

Seizing assets, as you have pointed out above, is permissable when its in relation to war. In this case UNR 1973 was valid and contries who seized assets are complying with the UNR.

Since no gold has been stolen, contrary to you and a few others who seem confused on that part, no crime has been committeed. Simply repeating the same thing over and over, in this case the UN, and with you NATO now, are stealing gold, which is simply not true.

So what did happen to all those works of art and museam pieces in Iraq?

Soliders where caught carrying them out of the country.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

The pieces that were looted by the Iraqi people.. Good question.

You should go ask them. The pieces that have been located have been seized and returned to their respective museums.

anything else? Maybe you could tie in your Iraq comment with the thread so its not off topic.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I on the other hand am not shocked because once again you have failed to actually read the post. What part of unconfirmed do you not grasp?

...your "unconfirmed" out isnt applicable if you dont allow the same to others...

You and several others really need to quit seeing only what you want. When you do that, you only confirm to all of us that rectal-cranial inversion is a permanent condition for you.

...oh my goodness - "all of us"?... gosh, now i feel really bad cuz i didnt know you have multiple-personality disorder...

Apparently some peoples vanity cant handle reality.

...yeah, that must really suck... o'well, walk in peas and carrots - all of yous...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

My post was in reply to this. Only fair is it not?. I even used similar words thus mine was a reply to their insults. That is twice you have come after me today! Hmmmm again massive double standard on your part. You accuse me of one thing but yet do it yourself! Can you post without trying to be the "Corrupt" policeman?

Oh wow "respected foe". Really scares me. It is actually really pathetic you think it is tough or even clever to do this!

Hmmmmm! Double standards much!

Remember you took it upon yourself to come after me!

It was you my friend who constantly answered by throwing insults at other members and myself and you didn't even have the guts to reply to my first answer to your ridiculous post, because you knew it was BS what you wrote there. And you replied with an insult to my post not the other way around. Get your facts straight.

Corrupt policemen? Give me some of the stuff you are smoking. You basically called me an idiot throwing around propaganda when I posted Telegraph articles on Al Kaida members within the rebel groups in libya. Its western media as well as independent media outlets who equally published that information.

P.S.: You might have realized that I am new to this board. I thought that "foe" button has some kind of ignore function. Sadly it doesnt.
edit on 23-8-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
WOW !
Not much love going on in this thread.

To be fair the libyan gold is a pittance compared to Libya resources as a whole.

But whats gets me is how they claim to be releasing frozen assets to help the rebels ,which means sell them arms ,to blow up there cities (which need to be rebuild by the west of course) and to help libyans produce more oil ,so they can buy it nice and cheap ,i could go on and on.

The corporations must be foaming at the mouth in excitement.

Don't you love these Humanitarian cash cow situations.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
WOW !
Not much love going on in this thread.

To be fair the libyan gold is a pittance compared to Libya resources as a whole.

But whats gets me is how they claim to be releasing frozen assets to help the rebels ,which means sell them arms ,to blow up there cities (which need to be rebuild by the west of course) and to help libyans produce more oil ,so they can buy it nice and cheap ,i could go on and on.

The corporations must be foaming at the mouth in excitement.

Don't you love these Humanitarian cash cow situations.

And,

I wonder who "owned" all those assets before ?

The "rebels" are a new outfit, right?

I wonder who gets paid to do the legal "transfer" work

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Dear readers,
What I find extremely surprising here is all the nay sayers posting that the UN, US, UK, NATO will abide by all their respective laws.

Are you actually posting this on ATS? I mean, seriously...

Laws are there to be broken, and NATO, the US, the UK and the UN have broken laws left right and centre as they saw fit.

Using resolutions to negate the OPs arguement is laughable, truly laughable.

T

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Good. Let em. Why does it matter? Gold , like anything, is only as valuable as people say. Truth be told, Gaddaffi probably got it...Stole it, from someone else. Thus the circle of theft continues.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You know, I really wouldn't be surprised if this happened but this is speculation. It's fine to speculate but please present it as such. I think some just get carried away and forget the difference. You discredit yourself and everyone that tries to seek truth when you do so. We all get labeled conspiracy theorists and are associated with those that can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality. All it takes is simply saying that what you are talking about is not fact but theory.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
Dear readers,
What I find extremely surprising here is all the nay sayers posting that the UN, US, UK, NATO will abide by all their respective laws.

Are you actually posting this on ATS? I mean, seriously...

Laws are there to be broken, and NATO, the US, the UK and the UN have broken laws left right and centre as they saw fit.

Using resolutions to negate the OPs arguement is laughable, truly laughable.

T

Using the OP's opinion, along with the article he linked which doest support his claim, and taking it at face value, is a joke as well.

Sorry the counter arguments undermine the I hate America position. I understand you guys will do whatever you can to make that argument, but in this case, you guys are doing an absolute horrible job of it. every claim made so far has been debunked and shot down.

the fact you guys are still claiming the gold has been stoeln when in fact it has not been touched is funny, hillarious actually.

As far as this site being ATS you would be correct. Which means that unlike people who live in caves and only beleive what they are told, you will find people here who will question statements, demand proof sot support claims, and engage in debae and conversation, instead of taking the lie at face value.

Which is what it is btw, a lie. I say this with certainty since no gold has been touched. Making the claim its been stolen a non truth, or in other words, a lie.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I find it rediculus that you guys are argueing back and forth like a bunch of school children. ATS is for dicussion of topics, generally intellectual discussions, not bickering back and forth. Really i can see the posters doing this, but for the OP to be doing it, is outrageous. This whole topic should be wiped out, and the OP should be not allowed to start a thread for a while. I will be sending a message to a mod. about this, i find this downright disturbing, when so called grown ups, cant be for the most part, decent to each other. This is definetly a failed thread, and OP you should be ashamed of how you acted toward the people whom commented. Some of the posters should also be ashamed, i see now why this world is going downhill, this is a prime example right here.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...your "unconfirmed" out isnt applicable if you dont allow the same to others...

Not even close. When I posted the twitter info I stated it was not confirmed, which means I disclosed the info and informed readers it might not be true.

What the OP does is state his opinion as fact, not unconfirmed. Ive requested that the OP include sources to support claims he makes, and to date, it has not happened at all. A LOT of this back and forth in this thread, as well as a few others on the same topic, could be stopped before it even starts if people would supply the sources to support the claim, which would allow us to actually discuss / debate.

Huge difference but nice try

...oh my goodness - "all of us"?... gosh, now i feel really bad cuz i didnt know you have multiple-personality disorder...

Yes, all of you.. The ones who cant seem to figure out how free press works, in addition to being able to challenge news accounts. We do this by providing sources.. You guys have not. Even the twitter source was given as twitter.

...yeah, that must really suck... o'well, walk in peas and carrots - all of yous...

No problem.. Continue to walk down the path of blind and uninformed.

As I have stated before, the goal is to find the truth, where ever that may lead us, whether or not we like the outcome.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Using the OP's opinion, along with the article he linked which doest support his claim, and taking it at face value, is a joke as well.

Sorry the counter arguments undermine the I hate America position. I understand you guys will do whatever you can to make that argument, but in this case, you guys are doing an absolute horrible job of it. every claim made so far has been debunked and shot down.

the fact you guys are still claiming the gold has been stoeln when in fact it has not been touched is funny, hillarious actually.

As far as this site being ATS you would be correct. Which means that unlike people who live in caves and only beleive what they are told, you will find people here who will question statements, demand proof sot support claims, and engage in debae and conversation, instead of taking the lie at face value.

Which is what it is btw, a lie. I say this with certainty since no gold has been touched. Making the claim its been stolen a non truth, or in other words, a lie.

Now that is an interesting tangent you have gone off on. I actually sidestepped commenting on the content of the OP, since I am not in full agreement and simply commented that laws, historically anyway, by those bodies have been flouted and ignored. How you take that to mean I am hating America, or agree with the OP is beyond me

Where is your undeniable proof that no gold has been touched? Legislation that says it will not be? We go back to my post and comments. You're on ATS stating that something will not happen because you believe in the "system" .. sorry but it's still laughable, as is the manner in which you're refuting everyone's arguements here.

I think we're done.

T
edit on 24-8-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by firemedic10
I find it rediculus that you guys are argueing back and forth like a bunch of school children. ATS is for dicussion of topics, generally intellectual discussions, not bickering back and forth. Really i can see the posters doing this, but for the OP to be doing it, is outrageous. This whole topic should be wiped out, and the OP should be not allowed to start a thread for a while. I will be sending a message to a mod. about this, i find this downright disturbing, when so called grown ups, cant be for the most part, decent to each other. This is definetly a failed thread, and OP you should be ashamed of how you acted toward the people whom commented. Some of the posters should also be ashamed, i see now why this world is going downhill, this is a prime example right here.

I'm sorry you feel that way, feel free to "alert" this thread or any of my posts if you feel it necessary.

I am confused though, after re-reading all of my posts, what I should be ashamed of.

The gold is about to be stolen IMO, if it hasn't been already, and I provided links as to why I think that. If other members want to make a mockery of it, I have a right to defend my OP....none of which was done in an inappropriate or abusive manner. Perhaps you were confused on who the OP is

How long should I be put in detention for this failed thread (idea) ?

Do you honestly believe the people of Libya will benefit from this "revolution"?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
Where is your undeniable proof that no gold has been touched? Legislation that says it will not be? We go back to my post and comments. You're on ATS stating that something will not happen because you believe in the "system" .. sorry but it's still laughable, as is the manner in which you're refuting everyone's arguements here.

I think we're done.

T
edit on 24-8-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

Actually no we are not done, nice try though.

Where is your undeniable proof the Gold HAS been stolen?

My counter arguments are based on fact, where as the OP and your response are based on specualtion and conjecture to date.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join