It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maple trees dropping leaves left and right.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds
reply to post by Iwinder

Greetings:

And we thought we were alone in wondering WTF is up (or, in this case, down) with our trees here in Northeast Georgia - Rabun County - to be more precise.

We have had Poplar leaves falling since about the 4th of July - and they have holes 'burnt' in them - only Poplar.

Enclosed please find photos of same.

Our yard looks like mid-October, what with all the Poplar leaves on the ground. And this is not the way it usually is - the early leaf fall, that is.

The 'burnt holes' are an other matter entirely.

Is is even possible that this anomaly is due to radiation from Fukushima Dai-ichi - still spewing death as we speak, er, write. 24/7/365 - with no end in sight?

Perhaps someone has an opinion on this matter?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

If it were radiation, you would think that trees here on the west coast would have been affected long before those in the east....and to be honest, trees are looking pretty normal here.

Also, as for the "burnt" holes....are you sure they aren't from some kind of bug like a caterpillar
edit on 21-8-2011 by QBSneak000 because: addition

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Do you have a service through a university that covers gardening and forestry issues?
Perhaps contacting them would be helpful.
I would also contact another tree guy, a second opinion would be helpful......don't know how small or large a city you live in.....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by Iwinder

the trees outside, maple offshoots i believe, are turning red and yellow at their tops, (trees height is about 20-25ft) and it's not even Sept yet even then mid-Sept would be a better estimate.

strange times it is......thanks for the reply and I think this gives us all the right to question just what the heck is going on here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well one thing we know for sure is that it isn't global warming, but it's been hotter than hell in Texas....

Crops are dieing in the field, trees are looking very sick and the farmers are worried...but it's not global warming!!!
edit on 21-8-2011 by whaaa because: code 6u6

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by Iwinder

Do you have a service through a university that covers gardening and forestry issues?
I would also contact another tree guy, a second opinion would be helpful......don't know how small or large a city you live in.....

Yes we have Lambton College here, they train the tree guys and gals here.
We have a tree company here called Guardian tree service which also does all of the city electrical line trimming or pruning if you will.
Population of our city is roughly 75000.
This problem is city and county wide and also affects London Ontario 50 miles East of us and Windsor 60 miles to the South of us here.
Basically all of Southern Ontario and then some that I know of, this is a huge area we are talking about.
Bigger than most States in the USA.
Thanks for the reply, Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

The horses are getting in their winter coats so it's on the way. We won't know for a while how thick it'll get. I've found checking the horses winter coats is a good way to predict the winter.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Well one thing we know for sure is that it isn't global warming, but it's been hotter than hell in Texas....

Crops are dieing in the field, trees are looking very sick and the farmers are worried...but it's not global warming!!!
edit on 21-8-2011 by whaaa because: code 6u6

I don't know what to actually call it but I will call it something wrong and in a big way here.
Interesting times right now, but I would rather be in boring times to tell you the truth here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
reply to post by Iwinder

The horses are getting in their winter coats so it's on the way. We won't know for a while how thick it'll get. I've found checking the horses winter coats is a good way to predict the winter.

Thanks for the information and I am laughing here, myself I am scared poopless of horses, the wife here used to work on a horse farm and teach riding......I guess I should have said a ranch but you get the idea.
One question is how do you shop for horse coats?
Do they prefer a certain colour or texture?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
There is a Native American prophecy that in the end of times the maple will trees will die from the tops down

Oren Lyons, faithkeeper of the Onondaga Nation, tells a story of Seneca chief Handsome Lake, who in 1799, brought to his people the visions and revelations from his journeys. "Handsome Lake said, 'They said the maple tree, the leader of all trees, will begin dying from the top down and nobody will know how to deal with it,'

www.thepeoplespaths.net...

Just finished reading your link and this caught my eye.

quote: Though global climate changes are happening slowly, "Anyone who says these changes are not going on has another agenda, is not observant, or is not interested," he said.

Good stuff, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Well, they prefer them waterproof for those days of freezing rain
Fidget prefers teal, with a tasteful silver border while Mark on the other hoof likes anything in jewel tones.

Seriously, critters are the best at weather predicting they "know" and prepare accordingly. It could be you are in for an early winter. Some of the local campgrounds in the nearby mountains just opened up a short time ago because of a late summer and snow still on the ground.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Iwinder

Agreed.

Op, grab a sample of that soil and maybe your well water. Send them off to one of your agricultural Universities and see what they come with. Let us know they tell you. Sounds like scorch to me somewhat, but it cant hurt to find out more.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
reply to post by Iwinder

Well, they prefer them waterproof for those days of freezing rain
Fidget prefers teal, with a tasteful silver border while Mark on the other hoof likes anything in jewel tones.

Seriously, critters are the best at weather predicting they "know" and prepare accordingly. It could be you are in for an early winter. Some of the local campgrounds in the nearby mountains just opened up a short time ago because of a late summer and snow still on the ground.

I'd fidget too I had to wear teal
but seriously here yeah something is going on for sure and when you mentioned camp grounds just opening up now but still have snow cover .........hmmmmmmm bunker time maybe.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

reply to post by Iwinder

Agreed.

Op, grab a sample of that soil and maybe your well water. Send them off to one of your agricultural Universities and see what they come with. Let us know they tell you. Sounds like scorch to me somewhat, but it cant hurt to find out more.

Thanks for the advice but this situation is happening in most of Ontario as my link shows, Ontario is a huge Province as in bigger then Texas and I am sure it is happening too in Michigan and Ohio as well.
We will see what this thread brings to light here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
another possability that comes to mind...trees can suffer from shock and lose thier leaves for vareity of reasons,has the weather in these areas changed a great deal in temperature..
have you had any runs of unusaul runs of cold and hot for example..if u are in summer where the temperate climate is around 25 degrees celcius,then you get a week of freezing or cold weather then back to the usual 25 ish....?

peace

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hopenotfeariswhatweneed
another possability that comes to mind...trees can suffer from shock and lose thier leaves for vareity of reasons,has the weather in these areas changed a great deal in temperature..
have you had any runs of unusaul runs of cold and hot for example..if u are in summer where the temperate climate is around 25 degrees celcius,then you get a week of freezing or cold weather then back to the usual 25 ish....?

peace

Yes we had a very wet and cold spell from March to late June, then July was a scorcher as almost everyday was 90 degrees F......then August was almost normal averaging about 83 degrees F daily.
So yes our weather has been up and down and up and down here.....for the past two or three years actually.
Thanks for turning my brain over!
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

well at least we have a possible scenario that is not too ominous

ive been a horticulturist for about 20 years now,i have thousands of my own plants whom i sell to nurseries,i spend a lot of time in other peoples gardens and noticing changes,,im tellin ya in the last few years plants and tree habits have been strange...

keep an eye out on the regrowth of these trees i would be interested to know when the resprout...

peace

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
reply to post by Iwinder

Have you had your well water tested lately? As for the heat....well You guys just finished going through a heat wave and it was very humid as well. Maybe the guy was telling you the truth. Even though you water all the time, humidity can wreak havoc on certain plants that are not used to it...especially for an extended period of time.

Possible for sure, but never never has this happened before here.
Our well water is tested and pure, actually it is a sand point and we are drawing water from Lake Huron.
Very pure and drawn from 25 feet down through pure sand.
Thanks for your reply and it got me thinking for sure.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hopenotfeariswhatweneed
reply to post by Iwinder

well at least we have a possible scenario that is not too ominous

ive been a horticulturist for about 20 years now,i have thousands of my own plants whom i sell to nurseries,i spend a lot of time in other peoples gardens and noticing changes,,im tellin ya in the last few years plants and tree habits have been strange...

keep an eye out on the regrowth of these trees i would be interested to know when the resprout...

peace

Actually I am concerned about the one back maple even making it till next spring.
It is about 40 feet tall and very round in shape and we have had it pruned every 5 years or so. (thinned out).
Right now it looks like a dandelion turned to seed and then someone put a fan to it.
Thanks for the information.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
wow I was just saying today how it was unusual for the leaves to be falling this early. didn't know this was so widespread.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
im in southwestern ontario, and the maple tree in the front yard is still (for the time being) full of leaves. theres the odd leaf here and there on the ground, but the trees around here still look good

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join