It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maple trees dropping leaves left and right.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
SE Michigan here.
I haven't noticed anything unusual yet here....although there are a few distressed trees here that have bare branches at the top and never got a full leafing the last two years.
I'd say most of the trees in our area are at least 40 years old, mostly maple and pin oaks.
Most of the more distressed trees appear to be maples....and last summer one had a huge early leaf loss, but appears better this year.
In fact, the one tree I look for to turn early has so far not shown any signs of early color change.

I do know another sign of distressed trees is an overabundance of seeds.
Did your maples have a ton of "propellers" this year?
The excess seed production is the trees way of ensuring further trees .

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Radiation Radiation Radiation

Get yourself a geiger counter.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds
reply to post by Iwinder

Greetings:

And we thought we were alone in wondering WTF is up (or, in this case, down) with our trees here in Northeast Georgia - Rabun County - to be more precise.

We have had Poplar leaves falling since about the 4th of July - and they have holes 'burnt' in them - only Poplar.

Enclosed please find photos of same.

Our yard looks like mid-October, what with all the Poplar leaves on the ground. And this is not the way it usually is - the early leaf fall, that is.

The 'burnt holes' are an other matter entirely.

Is is even possible that this anomaly is due to radiation from Fukushima Dai-ichi - still spewing death as we speak, er, write. 24/7/365 - with no end in sight?

Perhaps someone has an opinion on this matter?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

Thanks so much for this post.........I am really worried now as your observations and pics and possible cause has put the hairs straight up on my neck here.
I never considered that at all but now it seems a possibility.
Regards, Iwinder......star for you sir madame

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
and the plot thickens...thats quite a large area for all these trees to be having the same symptoms,ceartainly makes it sound a whole lot more suspicious,lets just hope it is nothing serious because as we know plants and insects are the first to affected and there just seems to be a whole lot of suspicious plant and animal deaths occuring(probably right now as im typing) lik/e everywhere,wordwide....hmmmm

peace

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

the trees outside, maple offshoots i believe, are turning red and yellow at their tops, (trees height is about 20-25ft) and it's not even Sept yet even then mid-Sept would be a better estimate.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

I hate to be the bearer of bad news

Originally posted by LightAssassin
And again i will post these

Radioactive Xenon 133, 10th May, S-E Asia

Radioactive Xenon 133, 9th May, North American continent

Radioactive Xenon 133, 27th March, UK and Central Europe (having already gone over Nth American continent)

Radioactive iodine 131, 23rd April, North American Continent

Radioactive Cesium 137, 26th April, Leaving North American continent on it's way to Europe...

I posted the above charts in the Raioactive rain thread here

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Same is happening here in Oklahoma. I thought it was just a result of the incredibly dry and hot summer. Maybe not, I don't know. The leaves on the ground look like late October.

Ditto here and them some.
Thanks for the info, Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
SE Michigan here.
I haven't noticed anything unusual yet here....although there are a few distressed trees here that have bare branches at the top and never got a full leafing the last two years.
I'd say most of the trees in our area are at least 40 years old, mostly maple and pin oaks.
Most of the more distressed trees appear to be maples....and last summer one had a huge early leaf loss, but appears better this year.
In fact, the one tree I look for to turn early has so far not shown any signs of early color change.

I do know another sign of distressed trees is an overabundance of seeds.
Did your maples have a ton of "propellers" this year?
The excess seed production is the trees way of ensuring further trees .

No, actually we have very few keys (propellers) on our trees this year and our Oaks have no Acorns to speak of either.
However the oaks don't look too bad compared to our Maples.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The only thing that I did not mention in my post was the temperature this year. We went through a 3-4 week period that our temp stayed in the high 90s low 100s, with an extremely high heat index. I cannot recall it being this hot for some many consecutive days. Didn't seem like we were ever going to get below the 90s. I don't even recall that we had a Spring this year. Not sure what effect this would have, but I assume it must have some, even tempered with rainfall.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hopenotfeariswhatweneed
i doesnt sound like anything too suspicious,decidious trees like maples are affected by the climate,im in oozy land and i have noticed this year that the liquid ambers (similar species to maples) are being strange,in some areas they still have their autumn leaves,some areas the trees have no leaves,and as it now coming into spring some trees are sprouting thier spring growth,i can only put it down to microclimates,the weather is becoming increasingly erratic,,its hot for week,cold for a week,rains for 2 weeks,etc etc

trees are difficult to work out,we have some species of trees here that complety die but dont show any affects for a quite a few years,then they just drop their leaves and thats that,and yes too much moisture can affect the trees as well as exteme droughts,both can kill the trees(even strong well established trees,depending on the severity and length of the event)years after the drought of floods happen....my 2 cents

peace

No doubt the weather is increasingly erratic, is this the cause? I have no idea but thanks very much for your input.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
NWGA here, and our trees have been dropping leaves for about 2 weeks now - very dry, dead leaves, as if it were fall.

It has been very dry here though. Most of the area has got rain, but this little spot I live on has been dry for a month. We were talking about it yesterday being weird and decided it must be the dryness causing it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hopenotfeariswhatweneed
and the plot thickens...thats quite a large area for all these trees to be having the same symptoms,ceartainly makes it sound a whole lot more suspicious,lets just hope it is nothing serious because as we know plants and insects are the first to affected and there just seems to be a whole lot of suspicious plant and animal deaths occuring(probably right now as im typing) lik/e everywhere,wordwide....hmmmm

peace

Right you are, I hope it is nothing but my gut tells me otherwise here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Thanks for reposting that information and the charts look a bit ominous for sure.
We are located right at the base of Lake Huron in Ontario.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
The only thing that I did not mention in my post was the temperature this year. We went through a 3-4 week period that our temp stayed in the high 90s low 100s, with an extremely high heat index. I cannot recall it being this hot for some many consecutive days. Didn't seem like we were ever going to get below the 90s. I don't even recall that we had a Spring this year. Not sure what effect this would have, but I assume it must have some, even tempered with rainfall.

Yes we had a very cold spring here followed by a very hot July also.
Who knows? keep those ideas coming for sure.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
NWGA here, and our trees have been dropping leaves for about 2 weeks now - very dry, dead leaves, as if it were fall.

It has been very dry here though. Most of the area has got rain, but this little spot I live on has been dry for a month. We were talking about it yesterday being weird and decided it must be the dryness causing it.

It nice to be able to compare notes here, we had a very wet spring here and a very wet June, then July got really warm but not dry.
Same here for the leaves they are crispy....you can crunch them up in your hand and they are like dust.
Thanks for the input.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33
Autumn is next month, trees start losing leaves sometimes early. Nothing unusual to freak out about.

So you say as if an expert on every part of the country where these people are reporting problems?

Credentials please, to verify that sweeping comment.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The only thing I have noticed is acorns dropping earlier,. and we have had lots of rain.
THe leaves have some sort of deterioration going on,. but that is with many of the trees in this part of the state (WI)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Im in New Jersey and I did notice that the leaves were starting to change their colors a little early.
Not sure what that could mean but I thought it was a little odd.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Have you had your well water tested lately? As for the heat....well You guys just finished going through a heat wave and it was very humid as well. Maybe the guy was telling you the truth. Even though you water all the time, humidity can wreak havoc on certain plants that are not used to it...especially for an extended period of time.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
My trees are doing exceptionally well this year, I have an Oak tree that shouldn't even grow in the colder climate here, I'm about zone 2, Oaks are supposed to grow in zone 4 or 5. It looked like the frost killed it off in the spring this year, and then it came back - no acorns though.

It's like things have been given a real boost of something, everything here is growing faster and thicker leafed than usual.

I'm halfway up Saskatchewan, nights are getting cold enough to have all the windows closed now, but my trees aren't turning colour yet, or dropping any leaves.

I do have powdery mildew on lots of the weeds outside, and some areas of grass, which I didn't know could happen. I thought that was an indoor plant disease.

Glad to hear your trees and plants are doing well there in Saskatchewan , maybe it is not all of Canada who knows?
Thanks for your reply.
Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join