It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is the correct ""Pascha""(easter)date celebrated???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Easter is not only a movable holiday but a multiple one: in most years Western Christian churches and Eastern Orthodox churches celebrate Easter on different dates: in 2003, Easter will be celebrated on April 20 by Western churches and April 27 by Orthodox churches.

www.factmonster.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hi Helen670,

wilstar.com...

www.holy-trinity.org...

Hope that helps a little.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Assuming that this is a genuine posting, helen (and why would it not be on ATS?), you'll seldom if ever find an Orthodox Easter coinciding with a Western one.
The main cause is the change from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar (covered elsewhere on ATS), complicated a little further by an "ecclesiastical" definition of the moon's phases, and the fact that the Orthodox churches do not have a synchronised approach (April 14th will be Easter for some).
You have some good link and there's a pretty sober account here: aa.usno.navy.mil...
If you're genuinely interested, the history of Easter is fascinating reading.

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
On the other hand, looking at your modified cut'n'pastes on the two most beguiling books for the unlettered lunatic fringe (Daniel and Revelation, of course) which are ostensibly knowledgeable (despite an inability to spell either Lactantius or Irenaeus, unattributed and quite incredible references to works of Cyril of Jeruslam and Chrysostom of Antioch -mother's milk to anyone who actually knows his or her patristics -), I cannot help wondering why anyone purporting to know prophecies so well doesn't understand Easter, and noting "Australia", I can't help wondering if you have a close friend called Brian.
Can you explain your Revelation and Daniel threads, delivered with authority -ho ho - alongside an ignorance of Church calendars?

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Brian is a nut...............i personally do not think he is anykind of jesus.............

when Jesus does come, He will do so in front of all people and judgement shall commence...........
chialism or 1000 yrs reign on this earth with Jesus Christ is absurd and was ruled out in the 3rd ecumenical council of Nicea..in around 325 A>D .......
in the creed it reads ............i beleive in one God ............
and His kingdom shall have no end.........

As for the calander...........
changing dates to suit the worldly life is wrong.
why was it changed?
well,
Estagon.........quote///.
Can you explain your Revelation and Daniel threads, delivered with authority -ho ho - alongside an ignorance of Church calendars?

revelation and Daniel threads as you mention,are not my explanations,but on what the Church fathers said ......
there are many books now available in english (in greek there are many and have been for many yrs)
The prophecies are about the end of the world and are accurate 100%
There have been many prophecies spoken about world war 1,11 and what will come before the end of the world.....though no date is given, we are given signs and world accounts that will happen........
there are many, but it is too much to write in here...(my typing is not to good)

As for Pascha(easter) being a pagan festival it is wrong ....the word ""easter"" in itself may have been but for that reason the word """Pascha"" is used in greek to mean
orthodox.truepath.com...

Pascha is derived from the Jewish word Pesah which means "Passover". And here there is a direct link with the New Testament. In 1 Corinthians 5:7 we read, "for our paschal lamb, Christ, has been sacrificed". According to St John, Christ was crucified at the very time that the paschal lambs were being killed. There is another link with the Old Testament because of the importance to the Jews of the Feast of the Passover. The verbal form means to protect and to have compassion as well as "passover".

[Edited on 4-4-2003 by helen670]

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Actually, Jesus said He would "come like a thief in the night." I say come quickly Lord Jesus.

And by the way, Pascha is the 27th

[Edited on 4-7-2003 by freedomfighter]

top topics

join